Page 59 of 136 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

I wonder if the Borg are really going to be an enemy here. It felt like they were after something else, and it wasn't necessarily to assimilate people or destroy.

I admit, while the digital de-aging of John DeLancie looked straight out of X-Men: The Last Stand, I did like the fact that they did it. He is an immortal being, so naturally he shouldn't age. That we saw him still young looking at first, and that he 'aged himself up' to better with with Picard, was the perfect thing to do.

Mighty Member

Watching Episode 2 and correct me if I'm wrong but, according to time travel rules in Trek, Q changing the past created an alternate reality/divergent timeline. So the Picard crew have really had their minds transplanted into their new reality's bodies. Them fixing the past won't actually put them back in their correct universe, would it?

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Watching Episode 2 and correct me if I'm wrong but, according to time travel rules in Trek, Q changing the past created an alternate reality/divergent timeline. So the Picard crew have really had their minds transplanted into their new reality's bodies. Them fixing the past won't actually put them back in their correct universe, would it?
    Haven't seen the episode yet, just going by what you said (guess I'll see it now though) but...correct, or sounds like it. This is Q trying to prove a point. "The trial never ends."

DS9 easter eggs. spoilers:
    The trophy room and Seven's husband saying "I'll com General Sisko right away."
    end of spoilers And I'm only 18 minutes in. I like how ep 1 and now ep 2 of season 2 feels like a movie. That's the right way to go, IMO.

Kind of funny that General Picard's speech is a warped version of the Starfleet motto/Captain's Oath/TV intro speech.

Also, all this ties back to yet another Soong it seems-the big hologram statue says "Adam Soong", the voice is Brent and it looks like him too. So it seems this ties into Data as well...and where is Soji? She's the only "Crew Member" they didn't encounter/communicate.

Kind of wonder why Seven didn't have any reaction to Q, although I haven't seen Q2 in a while so I'm not sure if she ever met him face to face, just his son.

Also about Q possibly being unwell-think that perhaps this can happen to Qs, as Voyager seemed to indicate..and it's far from the first time Trek's gone with the "Space god gone mad" plot.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-10-2022 at 02:15 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I think they made a point of saying it wasn't an alternate reality this time, it was THEIR reality. So by going back in time and fixing what Q did, when they return to the present it will be back to their correct present, not the nightmare.

I have to say, unhinged Q is intriguing. The fact that he actually struck Picard was shocking. I have very vague memories about Q's visits to Voyager, so I don't remember there being any episodes about a mentally unwell Q- mostly I just remember his kid, a Q civil war, and him romancing Janeway.

With the early season 3 renewal, they said season 3 is canon-changing (or canon-breaking, I forget which one). So it sounds like it won't be as simple as fix the past to return to the present we know, there will be long-lasting changes. Curious as to what.

Unhinged, possibly dying Q is interesting. Before Q was basically a less (slightly less) child-like Trelane, now he's actually scary. When he hit Picard all I could think about was if this was Sisko he'd be like "Finally" and they'd be boxing it out till Q blinks Sisko out of existence lol

This is the ONLY NuTrek I watch. That bs, trite banter between Jurati and Rios, is that the new norm for would-be couples on these shows?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ha, I thought the same, although I also want to see more of the various hologram Rios' as well, because I love the idea of one actor playing a bunch of different versions of a character (as Tatiana Maslany did in Orphan Black). I was intrigued by how Rios seemed to *hate* the 'Emergency Recreation Hologram' version of himself, which amuses me, since I have no idea what constitutes a 'recreation emergency...'
    Given how often Federation Holodecks seem to go lethally nuts on Next Gen, "recreation emergencies" are probably a fact of life in Starfleet by now.

Incredible Member

the current timeline is essentially the terran empire timeline where humans conquered the universe.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    the current timeline is essentially the terran empire timeline where humans conquered the universe.
    Ah, beat me to it. This was my thinking as well. Why call this an alternate timeline, we have this timeline already basically.

The little Easter Egg drops were fun, especially in the trophy room where they dropped several.

I liked how the characters "dropped" into character for Confederation needs when it suited the situation.

You just know, KNOW, you can't trust that Borg Queen. The betrayal is inevitable.....am I wrong? Anyone else agree?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

They seem to be hinting that the Borg Queen is trying to tempt or brainwash Jurati somehow.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

So far I'm liking season two a lot more than season one, while I didn't hate the first season of Picard these two episodes really captured that Star Trek feel more.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    They seem to be hinting that the Borg Queen is trying to tempt or brainwash Jurati somehow.
    Didn't she also got brainwashed by an evil Vulcan last season lol.
    Hope we see General Sisko soon.

I don't think there are any hard rules to time travel in Trek. They have messed with their own past with time travel plenty of times:

Sisko replaced a pivotal Earth leader when they traveled back and ended up getting that guy killed. In a later episode Nog remarks how that leader looks just like Captain Sisko, when he was looking into Earth's history for whatever reason (can't remember).

Tasha Yar's half Romulan daughter Sela was born because of time travel shenanigans.

The movies Voyage Home and First Contact involved time travel that took place in their timeline, not alternate ones.

Sisqo and crew traveled back to Kirk's Enterprise, and it wasn't an alternate Enterprise.

Just a few examples that came to mind.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store