Page 61 of 136 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

What was the Voyager episode where Tom Paris and Tuvok end up in a time traveled trip to Los Angeles? Was Seven not on the crew then or she had something else going on? I recall Sarah Silverman was the guest star.

Anyway, I really enjoyed Episode 3. How did Rios transport go all wrong? Jurati pulling one over on the Borg Queen who by the way had a great one liner...I'd like legs! hahahaha
    Will Elnor stay dead or will time travel fix that? I don't recall it fixing death in other time travel stories but someone may have the example.
    Surprised we didn't get any new scenes with Q this week.
    "I am more fun than Kevin"
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

If Rios had kept his phaser, the mission would've failed in about 10 seconds lol

Time travel won't save Elnor but this isn't JUST time travel. Q being involved means there's a literal deus ex machina to fix everything.

Also, Q was in a very brief scene with Picard.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    What was the Voyager episode where Tom Paris and Tuvok end up in a time traveled trip to Los Angeles? Was Seven not on the crew then or she had something else going on? I recall Sarah Silverman was the guest star.

Anyway, I really enjoyed Episode 3. How did Rios transport go all wrong? Jurati pulling one over on the Borg Queen who by the way had a great one liner...I'd like legs! hahahaha
    Will Elnor stay dead or will time travel fix that? I don't recall it fixing death in other time travel stories but someone may have the example.
    Surprised we didn't get any new scenes with Q this week.
    "I am more fun than Kevin"
    I'm pretty sure that was when Kes was still around. Think she and Neelix were watching 20th century TV in one scene.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well Seven's husband was played by the father of the actress that plays Soji. Pretty neat. But now I'm wondering if Soji herself will be disconnected from all of this, where we'll only see her in the premiere and season finale but not during.
    Soji, is tied to Data. If there's no Data then there's no Soji.

Just saw episode three. It's nice to know everyone is back to screaming at old man Picard over things he has no control over.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I find this season better than the first (but that's not saying much). However, the writing is all over the place.

So is this the mirror universe or an alternate universe of the present?

If its the mirror universe, are the Humans in full control of much of the Mirror Universe again? If I remember correctly, TOS Humans were dominant. With DS9 they were all but defeated due to Kirk giving Mirror Spock advice? Now they're dominant again?

Whatever the case, they really need to design their ships better! Three intrepid class ships getting destroyed by a small freighter?

It's not the Mirror Universe-the name of the Empire is different, for one.

Also Mirror Sisko was a privateer, not a General (Although I suppose this alternate Sisko could be Jake or even Jennifer).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-18-2022 at 06:23 AM.

I mean, they specifically say it's due to a change in the timeline and not just the Mirrorverse.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Thanks. I still had the MCEU rules of Time Travel in my head. Honestly Star Trek's was Far Better (Star Trek IV and First Contact)

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Thanks. I still had the MCEU rules of Time Travel in my head. Honestly Star Trek's was Far Better (Star Trek IV and First Contact)
    Star Trek's time travel is all over the place. They use different rules depending on the story being told.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Just saw episode three. It's nice to know everyone is back to screaming at old man Picard over things he has no control over.
    Yeah I'm getting the impression this is at Stewart's insistence.

Looks like they used the TMP style wormhole effect for the Time travel again (It was also used when Discovery went to the future). Also the brief moment they're in the tunnel and time seems moving backward felt a little evocative of IV's sequence, although not nearly as weird.

Also, looks like they haven't forgotten about Past Tense, as you can see a sanctuary district sign around the homeless camp. Which means that Sisko and co. could be in the same state at roughly the same time. (Although then again, the future being changed might've stopped that.)
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-18-2022 at 10:32 AM.

Yeah I'm getting the impression this is at Stewart's insistence.
    Wow, Stewart must really want the audience to hate Raffi....

Stewart:The scripts ready?

Head Writer: Don't worry Mr. Stewart. The audience is going to think the Raffi character is a total POS, just like last season!

Stewart: Good!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Wow, Stewart must really want the audience to hate Raffi....

Stewart:The scripts ready?

Head Writer: Don't worry Mr. Stewart. The audience is going to think the Raffi character is a total POS, just like last season!

Stewart: Good!
    No, the goal seems to be to constantly put Picard in positions where he and others blame him for things that are tangentially his fault, if its his fault at all. A never ending guilt trip. Blunt Talk was FILLED with this and why I kept saying this is Blunt Talk in Trek clothes.

He gave interviews around 2020 where he talked about how even at 80 he's still dealing with watching his mother suffer domestic abuse at the hands of his father, and how he blames himself for it. Its not logical, he was a child, but its what a kid will think and that can last a lifetime and screw up relationships, even with therapy. He has basically retrofit Picard into the self-loathing he feels for himself today over an incident that was wholly his father's fault, not his.

So, jokes aside (well *I* wasn't joking, but...), that's what is occurring here, and also why Picard's mother now has Stewart's mother's backstory somewhat.

No, the goal seems to be to constantly put Picard in positions where he and others blame him for things that are tangentially his fault, if its his fault at all. A never ending guilt trip. Blunt Talk was FILLED with this and why I kept saying this is Blunt Talk in Trek clothes.

He gave interviews around 2020 where he talked about how even at 80 he's still dealing with watching his mother suffer domestic abuse at the hands of his father, and how he blames himself for it. Its not logical, he was a child, but its what a kid will think and that can last a lifetime and screw up relationships, even with therapy. He has basically retrofit Picard into the self-loathing he feels for himself today over an incident that was wholly his father's fault, not his.

So, jokes aside (well *I* wasn't joking, but...), that's what is occurring here, and also why Picard's mother now has Stewart's mother's backstory somewhat.
    A Blunt Talk reference?! Wow. I thought no one remembered that show. This would also explain why the housekeepers husband was killed off screen so he can have a younger love interest. In reality Stewart has a much younger wife. Talk about making the character your own...