Page 62 of 136 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    A Blunt Talk reference?! Wow. I thought no one remembered that show. This would also explain why the housekeepers husband was killed off screen so he can have a younger love interest. In reality Stewart has a much younger wife. Talk about making the character your own...
    I had to go back and check, but I did mention it twice in this thread: first time when I had a sneaking suspicion it would be secretly Blunt Talk season 3, second time when I felt it was confirmed that's exactly what it was with all the admonishments Picard was getting.

I'm neutral on him using Picard as a tool to work through his issues...I just wonder if he can do it without dogpiling, because that is getting old. At least on Blunt Talk it made sense cause it was a comedy. Here its making me wonder how "this" Picard became a commander let alone a captain and then admiral.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I had to go back and check, but I did mention it twice in this thread: first time when I had a sneaking suspicion it would be secretly Blunt Talk season 3, second time when I felt it was confirmed that's exactly what it was with all the admonishments Picard was getting.

I'm neutral on him using Picard as a tool to work through his issues...I just wonder if he can do it without dogpiling, because that is getting old. At least on Blunt Talk it made sense cause it was a comedy. Here its making me wonder how "this" Picard became a commander let alone a captain and then admiral.
    If this keeps up they are going to have to change the name of the show to Star Trek:Elder Abuse
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Any hints about Avery Brooks returning? I'd like to see Sisko and Picard interact for once, on a sustained level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Any hints about Avery Brooks returning? I'd like to see Sisko and Picard interact for once, on a sustained level.
    Given how this show tends to do things......

Sisko: You killed my wife! ((punches Picard))

Picard: I'm so sorry...

Jake Sisko: Not good enough! ((kicks Picard in the nuts))

Picard: I'm so terribly, terribly sorry!

((Janeway comes out of nowhere with a lead pipe))

Janeway: This is for Tuvix!*

Picard: But you killed Tuvix

Janeway: And I'd do it again to! ((hits Picard in the ribs))

Picard: I'm...so..

((Picard loses consciousness))

*rest in peace Tuvix
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Avery Brooks hasn't been doing that much acting since Sisko in general, mainly just narrating audiobooks and documentaries. Don't think he's been active at conventions either. Think he mainly does teaching these days and is fairly reclusive.

Think the Sisko reference was just an easter egg to the fans. Also, Sisko in the main canon pretty much ascended to a higher plane of existence so it's a bit trickier than usual to bring him back.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-19-2022 at 01:37 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Will Elnor stay dead or will time travel fix that?
    Elnor will be Borg-ed and then fixed at the end to be mostly himself.
    Sounds perfect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Given how this show tends to do things......

Sisko: You killed my wife! ((punches Picard))

Picard: I'm so sorry...

Jake Sisko: Not good enough! ((kicks Picard in the nuts))

Picard: I'm so terribly, terribly sorry!

((Janeway comes out of nowhere with a lead pipe))

Janeway: This is for Tuvix!*

Picard: But you killed Tuvix

Janeway: And I'd do it again to! ((hits Picard in the ribs))

Picard: I'm...so..

((Picard loses consciousness))

*rest in peace Tuvix
    Man, this post made me laugh my brains out! Especially the Tuvix part.
    Thanks! I really needed that!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was when Kes was still around. Think she and Neelix were watching 20th century TV in one scene.
    Season 3 Future's End two parter.

I get the feeling that "the watcher" is Rain Robinson. She worked at Griffith Observatory, watching for extraterrestrial life.

Also, Sisko in the main canon pretty much ascended to a higher plane of existence so it's a bit trickier than usual to bring him back.
    Not really. Sisko told his wife he'd be back. And Brooks was keen on the character saying that, because he didn't want it to seem like Sisko would abandon his child. So if something with the Benjamin Sisko character was to be developed, I speculate one of Brooks' stipulations to return would be that Sisko did indeed come back to help raise his second child. Hell they could've had more kids after that one for all we know.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Kind of wondering if Picard (the character, that is) is mostly sticking to the ship, in part because there was a large COVID outbreak on the set and Stewart, although probably vaccinated, would be vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by jblogo View Post
    I get the feeling that "the watcher" is Rain Robinson. She worked at Griffith Observatory, watching for extraterrestrial life.
    That would be clever but I kind of doubt it. Either a new character, Guinan, or that time period's Soong relative.

I haven't heard anything about Sarah Silverman being involved. Then again they could just recast like with Maddox.

Avery Brooks hasn't been doing that much acting since Sisko in general, mainly just narrating audiobooks and documentaries. Don't think he's been active at conventions either. Think he mainly does teaching these days and is fairly reclusive.

Think the Sisko reference was just an easter egg to the fans. Also, Sisko in the main canon pretty much ascended to a higher plane of existence so it's a bit trickier than usual to bring him back.
    His wikipedia entry says he's been blacklisted. Anyone know why?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The Watcher question was answered this week. Should've figured they would re-use one of the existing cast to play that role. Her Romulan makeup gone she looks juuuuust different enough. Laris.
    Of course this all powerful Watcher may just be prying in Picards thoughts and assuming a look he would trust, could go that route for using the same person vs giving us a new actor in that role.

Seven driving....ouch. I'll take the bus, oh wait they did and I've no doubt this Trek savvy group caught the obvious ST:IV easter egg.

I'm crossing into the "I'm concerned for Dr. Jurati's" camp. There is a bill coming due with the Borg queen and we are not going to like the tab.

Young Guinan with a bar on Forward street. Nice.

Loved how they played the, Yes I'll tell the truth card, only for Rios to do so and totally be thought of as crazy or a smart ass.

Good episode this week that moved us farther along. The only sub-plot section that could move faster for me was the Find Rios one.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime