Page 65 of 136 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Well you have to understand that this is on a streaming network. The average subscriber pays monthly. It's designed to run a little over a month. This is why I'm doubtful about the nature of Strange New Worlds.
    Out of all the streaming services, Paramount is the perfect one to just get it for one month for maybe twice a year tops and binge the shows you want to see in that window then cancel. Especially if all you want to see are the Star Trek shows.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Now this is awesome. Curious how Spiner is gonna fit into this (yet another Soong?) but still...awesome. The gang all back together for the final(?) season.

...sans Wesley.

BANNED

"yeah, yeah, we know season two sucks, watch this"

Season two isn't over, though, and its at least an improvement over season 1. I think the point of Season 2 is a sort of coda to both Q and the Borg Queen, season 3 will be the true sendoff with the cast so Nemesis isn't the last time everyone was together anymore.

Kind of curious if Geordi will meet Jurati and wonder why he missed out on all these developments, since he was Data's best friend in TNG.

With Worf I wonder if they'll stick with the Klingon Ambassador angle from DS9 instead of just having him be tactical for no reason in Nemesis...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I wonder if Picard and Beverly will end up together.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    This news made my day!

Say what you will about "NuTrek" (and there's a lot to say!), but I have a feeling this will be the sendoff the TNG cast deserves. There's no way in hell Kurtzman & Co. can fumble worse than Stuart Baird did.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I think Baird is a pretty good editor (For Donner, Campbell etc) but beyond that, not so much.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-05-2022 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    "yeah, yeah, we know season two sucks, watch this"
    This is beyond sad, and you know it's a bait and switch. They will tease us with the old crew and then stick us with dumb old Raffi (The worst character in NuTrek history) and the rest of the gang we have come to know and loathe.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

I wonder if we are going to see the Enterprise E or at least the new F.

We do see two Sovereign class in the first episode, although I don't think either are identified, so the class is still around, but then again Excelsiors are also still being used so most Starfleet classes seem to have a long history (Although the Enterprise was being decommissioned in the 2280s and 2290s, it's unclear whether the other constitution classes had the same fate).

As for Wesley he was pretty much written off (apart from the Nemesis cameo) and Wheaton's still got the Ready Room aftershow.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

No offense to Wheaton, but I'd rather see O'Brien, Ro, Yar - hell even Pulaski - before Wesley again.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I think O'Brien might be a slight possibility. Although he of course was far more fleshed out in DS9 Picard after all features a character from Voyager.

Yar might be a tough one of course, although Sela could always show up. Unless of course the "game changer" that's supposed to happen later on is that the future has been changed enough that Yar is alive again, although that kind of feels a bit too much like "Redemption"'s cliffhanger. (I wonder what the fan theories were at the time?)

Don't think Muldaur has acted in a long time apart from a recent movie.

As for Ro, most of the Maquis that weren't with Voyager were wiped out in DS9 but I suppose she could still make it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    As for Wesley he was pretty much written off (apart from the Nemesis cameo) and Wheaton's still got the Ready Room aftershow.
    Wheaton is on record as saying he never wants to play Wesley again. Would a full cast reunion change his opinion? Who knows, but he seems like the type to mean it when he says it.

Diana Muldaur retired from acting not long after TNG (when she left LA Law, I believe? I was just a kid at the time, so I could have that wrong) and is as old as Patrick Stewart. I think it's unlikely she'd be back.

I would love to get some kind of mention of Ro Laren, just because she was awesome. And because Michelle Forbes is just divine. But I'm not sure how'd you work that one in, if I'm being honest.

I'd love to get Denise Crosby back, but Yar is dead and Sela.. well, Sela sucked. Let's not kid ourselves. A terrible character, only tolerable as a way to get Crosby back on the show. Maybe a Yar based android could work, but that would raise all kinds of questions that they'd have to spend time answering. And I don't know if nostalgia is worth all that effort.

Frakes, Burton and McFadden are the big ones for me. I've always loved Riker, Geordi deserves more love than he's gotten over the years, and Picard and Beverly simply need some kind of coda, if nothing else.