Page 66 of 136 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

Kind of curious if Levar will have the movie style contact lenses (I don't think he was ever really fond of the visor). Be a nice nod to Voyager if he captains the USS Challenger, which he did in an alternate future in one episode.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-06-2022 at 07:48 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of curious if Levar will have the movie style contact lenses (I don't think he was ever really fond of the visor). Be a nice nod to Voyager if he captains the USS Challenger, which he did in an alternate future in one episode.
    While the VISOR is iconic, I imagine he will be wearing the contacts. Like you said, he was never fond of the VISOR. I believe he said it took away one of the most effective tools for an actor.

Just watched this episode.

-Got the feeling that they might be phasing out Rios and Jurati to make some more room for the TNG crew next season. I'm guessing Rios might stay in the century with the doctor, and Jurati, well...things aren't looking too good.

-Think that's Pill's real singing voice with the Jazz version of Pat Benator's Shadows of the Night. She's done a few songs here and there.

-Major connections to Soong's Enterprise descendant are starting to emerge I think....

-Speaking of Enterprise, remember that futuristic shuttle in the opening?

-And there's a TOS blink and you'll miss it reference to a certain space probe on the history of space stuff.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-07-2022 at 06:14 AM.

That'd be too bad, because Rios and Jurati are two of my favorite NuTrek characters. Perhaps there's room once Picard ends for a Rios led successor to Voyager. Perhaps SNW will scratch the itch of traditional Star Trek, but I'd love a true sequel series to 90s Trek.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Wheaton is on record as saying he never wants to play Wesley again. Would a full cast reunion change his opinion? Who knows, but he seems like the type to mean it when he says it.

Diana Muldaur retired from acting not long after TNG (when she left LA Law, I believe? I was just a kid at the time, so I could have that wrong) and is as old as Patrick Stewart. I think it's unlikely she'd be back.

I would love to get some kind of mention of Ro Laren, just because she was awesome. And because Michelle Forbes is just divine. But I'm not sure how'd you work that one in, if I'm being honest.

I'd love to get Denise Crosby back, but Yar is dead and Sela.. well, Sela sucked. Let's not kid ourselves. A terrible character, only tolerable as a way to get Crosby back on the show. Maybe a Yar based android could work, but that would raise all kinds of questions that they'd have to spend time answering. And I don't know if nostalgia is worth all that effort.

Frakes, Burton and McFadden are the big ones for me. I've always loved Riker, Geordi deserves more love than he's gotten over the years, and Picard and Beverly simply need some kind of coda, if nothing else.
    100%. McFadden could have been the only big announcement and I'd have been happy, as Crusher is the TNG character that makes the most sense to appear in this show at all.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Wonder if this next episode will be kind of like the weird dream episodes of TNG like Phantasms, Birthright and Dark Page.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wonder if this next episode will be kind of like the weird dream episodes of TNG like Phantasms, Birthright and Dark Page.
    How was Birthright a weird dream episode?

Quote Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
    How was Birthright a weird dream episode?
    Birthright Part 1 involved Data finding a dreaming subroutine. It was a unique B-Story as it did not continue into Birthright Part 2. I don't think there's ever been another 2-Parter that dropped the B-Story in the second part.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Birthright Part 1 involved Data finding a dreaming subroutine. It was a unique B-Story as it did not continue into Birthright Part 2. I don't think there's ever been another 2-Parter that dropped the B-Story in the second part.
    Oh yeah! I'd never given that much thought til now. Maybe it had to do with Alexander Siddig's availability...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

It did sort of continue in the next season with Phantasms though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Wheaton is on record as saying he never wants to play Wesley again. Would a full cast reunion change his opinion? Who knows, but he seems like the type to mean it when he says it.

Diana Muldaur retired from acting not long after TNG (when she left LA Law, I believe? I was just a kid at the time, so I could have that wrong) and is as old as Patrick Stewart. I think it's unlikely she'd be back.

I would love to get some kind of mention of Ro Laren, just because she was awesome. And because Michelle Forbes is just divine. But I'm not sure how'd you work that one in, if I'm being honest.

I'd love to get Denise Crosby back, but Yar is dead and Sela.. well, Sela sucked. Let's not kid ourselves. A terrible character, only tolerable as a way to get Crosby back on the show. Maybe a Yar based android could work, but that would raise all kinds of questions that they'd have to spend time answering. And I don't know if nostalgia is worth all that effort.

Frakes, Burton and McFadden are the big ones for me. I've always loved Riker, Geordi deserves more love than he's gotten over the years, and Picard and Beverly simply need some kind of coda, if nothing else.
    My memory could be off, but also isn't part of the reason why Pulaski left due to the fact that Muldar and Stewart couldn't get along? McFadden becoming available again just finished it, but there would likely have been a 3rd ship's doctor if she couldn't return.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    My memory could be off, but also isn't part of the reason why Pulaski left due to the fact that Muldar and Stewart couldn't get along? McFadden becoming available again just finished it, but there would likely have been a 3rd ship's doctor if she couldn't return.
    I've seen fan theories on that but in every comment she's ever made about Star Trek Muldaur has always expressed how much she loved working on the show so I don't think bad blood played a roll in her leaving.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

With Beverly gone the producers et al decided to go for a Bones-like character with Pulaski. I think it was a case of the character, not the actor, wasn't compatible. Like someone said, if McFadden didn't come back we'd simply be on ship doctor #3. My theory though is Doctor #3, she would have been basically Beverly in all but name.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I've seen fan theories on that but in every comment she's ever made about Star Trek Muldaur has always expressed how much she loved working on the show so I don't think bad blood played a roll in her leaving.
    I'm not sure if "bad blood" would be an accurate description, but I know I've seen other cast members (possibly Sirtis in Chaos on the Bridge) mention that Muldaur didn't gel with the rest of them. She loved Star Trek as a whole and her experiences with it, but on a personal level I don't think she was as amiable as McFadden was.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Think her McCoyness might have been a side effect of her first episode being a recycled Phase II script.

Wonder if the third Doctor would've been Selar, the Vulcan from the Schizoid man played by Suzie Plaskan who also was K'elyhr and later the female Q in Voyager and an Andorian in Ent. The character only appeared once but was frequently referenced. She also showed up in the New Frontier novels along with other part-time TNG characters.