Page 82 of 136 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2040

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    As mentioned before, i feel the Ambassandor class was pretty much the design revival of the Constitution class with some elements set by the Excelsior. Being a very classic saucer on neck, with tubular main body.
    Which seems to just add to the disapointment of some who wish it could have appeared more in series or other media. While other designs have more frequent reappearances.

If i had to guess why they seemingly only had such a small production run, it would be that the Federation ultimately didn't saw the need for a large number of "Constitution 2.0s" just yet when they can still retrofit the Excelsior class with newer tech to serve as heavy duty exploration and patrol ship instead.
    Out of World it's because someone dropped and destroyed the model, or so I have heard. It hadn't been digitized yet, so it had to be reconstructed, which likely wasn't in TNG's limited budget. In universe one explanation that makes sense is that the Ambassador just needed too many people to keep running as second line ships, so when the Galaxy and Nebula classes started coming on line they got mothballed.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Dude! spoilers:
    Moriarty! LORE!
    end of spoilers
    This looks awesome so once again Please Don't Suck, Please Don't Suck, Please Oh Please Don't Suck!

The new villain is played by Amanda Plummer-Christopher Plummer's daughter. Christopher of course was in VI as Chang.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    This looks awesome so once again Please Don't Suck, Please Don't Suck, Please Oh Please Don't Suck!
    I literally had the same reaction. Trailer looks great but Picard hasn't had the best track record for me

But here's what I loved about this trailer

+ Odyssey Class makes an appearance! Next to the Sovereign Class, I think its the best looking ship in Star Trek
    + I have no idea who this new villain is but I like her so far. (For a second I thought I was looking at Nero). Glad they chose somebody older. She reminds me of a classic Bond villain that's been around the block.
    + Worf putting Raffi in her place
    + Lore. Glad Brent is here for this final rodeo
    + Moriarty: No idea whats happening but happy to see him.

+/- Not sure what to make of Worf's Change. I'd welcome this character growth if written well

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The new villain is played by Amanda Plummer-Christopher Plummer's daughter. Christopher of course was in VI as Chang.
    That helps explain the interest I have in this villain. Some people are just good at it. General Chang was my personal favorite Star Trek Villain of all time.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 10-08-2022 at 04:36 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    + Moriarty: No idea whats happening but happy to see him.
    The holodeck made Moriarty to be someone who could match wits with Data. They may need him to out think Lore.
    Sounds perfect.

BANNED

Lore was expected given Spinner's involment. I t would be either him or B-4. Holo-Moriarty's return got me by surprise though.
    I really hope that Enterprise- F's role (if it's that at all) would not be limited. That Titan-A worries me.
    Still no sign regarding Enteprise-E's fate.

Extraordinary Member

I have to catch up with new star trek live action shows and the last star trek movie before star trek 4 come out.
    Star trek 3.
    I need to see season 2 of picard before i see season 3 and i have seen some episodes of the first season of discovery,but i need to see the rest of season and other seasons.
    I also need to see Star Trek: Strange New Worlds as well when i have time.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-09-2022 at 03:46 AM.

Star Trek (reboot) 4 is delayed and sort of stuck in development hell so you probably have plenty of time to watch Beyond.

Curiously, Worf being a pacifist is kind of similar to what the future version of Alexander became in TNG's "First Born".
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-09-2022 at 06:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

That trailer looks pretty awesome. I wasn't big on the first season and I only thought the latest was just alright...but this looks like a home run
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I’m only up for this if they kill off Raffi in the first five minutes and mount her head on the engine grille of the ship.

Kind of curious what the "Deep Space Nine" connection is that seems to be rumored. Could the new villain have something to do with the Dominion? Will it just be a visit like the Lower Decks episode?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of curious what the "Deep Space Nine" connection is that seems to be rumored. Could the new villain have something to do with the Dominion? Will it just be a visit like the Lower Decks episode?
    Well goes without saying there's Worf also there could be an O'Brien cameo given he was once an Enterprise Crew member. Last if they did visit DS9 it would be cool if the C.O. was possibly Ro Laren.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I have to catch up with new star trek live action shows and the last star trek movie before star trek 4 come out.
    Star trek 3.
    I need to see season 2 of picard before i see season 3 and i have seen some episodes of the first season of discovery,but i need to see the rest of season and other seasons.
    I also need to see Star Trek: Strange New Worlds as well when i have time.
    Watch Discovery season 2 before Strange New Worlds. The main plotline is kind meh in Discovery S2, but the Spock and Pike stuff is very good, and Strange New Worlds is fantastic.

The show also begins to lighten up considerably in season 2 (A lot of season one seemed to almost be "Star Trek Galactica" in a few ways, although with a few light spots like the Mudd time loop episode).