Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Defend Helms Deep

The Rohirm are are away. Instead of them and the fellowship, you are in charge of the defence of Helms Deep.

You have 10 points

Ceasar and 100 apes - 3 points
    Rambo - 1 point
    Captain America, Bucky, Falcon, Black Widow, and Hawkeye - 5 points
    The 300 - 5 points
    The Defenders and Punisher - 2 points
    The Jedi Council - 6 points
    10 Wakandan War Rhinos - 2 points
    1,000,000 Walkers (Walking Dead)- 6 points
    Hippolyta and 100 Amazons - 3 points
    King Kong (2005) - 2 points
    5 Tyranosaurus Rexes, 100 Raptors, 50 Pterosaurs - 4 points
    Alien Queen and 100 Xenomorphs - 4 points
    The Batmen (West to Affleck) - 2 points
    Predator (no succide bomb)- 1 point
    John Snow, and 100 north men - 2 points
    500 ewoks - 2 points
    John Wick - 1 point
    Loki (mcu) - 5 points
    Walter White with his RV prepped to fight- 1 point
    Wolverine, Beast, Night Crawler, Kitty Pryde- 3 points
    Kick Ass, Hit Girl, and Big Daddy- 1 point
    Jason Bourne - 1 point
    Kylo Ren riding an Indominus Rex- 2 points
    The Hound, The Mountain, Arya, Jorah Mormont, Briane of Tarth, Bronn, Jamie Lannister, - 1 point

All characters are live action movie versions
    Last edited by Stigmazilla; 05-16-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Ceasar and 100 apes - 3 points
    John Snow, and 100 north men - 2 points
    The 300 - 5 points

Notes: King Kong and the dinosaurs sound really good, but I'm worried Saruman might be able to influence them remotely, so they're out.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I mean, there are a few guys on there who could probably solo that fight. Luke Cage is a Defender, and they can literally do nothing to him at all. It would take him a while to kill ALL of them, but he could take a nap during the battle and not lose. Punisher can just keep opening fire and kill anyone he feels like, since Matt isn't going to stop him here.

Predator has cloaking and a plasma caster thingy. I don't see what they can possibly do to that.

Loki, by default, means 616 Loki. And that's a ridiculous curbstomp. He could absolutely kill them all by hand, but has absolutely no reason to do so, when he can just kill them all or, better, send them right to Thor's castle to be annoying, with all of a hand gesture.

Alien Queen and Xenos likewise clean up.

The Cap team has Falcon who can lay down explosives, and can also send his little birds around like a poor imitation of Yondu's arrow.

T'rexes and Raptors and pterosaurs likewise open up a sill can of whoopass.

At the end of the day, Orcs aren't really all that tough and their range game, especially in that fight, is total crap.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Big beat me to saying 'Without any other details, Loki is 616 Loki (original canon), and as such wrecks the opposing army solo'.

...I suppose one might argue that it's Mythological Loki, which likely doesn't help the Uruk-Hai.

Alternately, 1 000 000 Walkers? That's endgame for the Uruk-Hai, given they're now VASTLY outnumbered by a zombie horde that's perfectly happy zerg-rushing...and it's only 6 out of 10 points. There were a whopping 10 000 Uruk-Hai; throw in the Dunlendings and you MIGHT get 20 000 enemies. Which leaves 50 walkers for every single Uruk-hai and (normal) human enemy.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-16-2019 at 04:19 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Alternately, 1 000 000 Walkers? That's endgame for the Uruk-Hai, given they're now VASTLY outnumbered by a zombie horde that's perfectly happy zerg-rushing...and it's only 6 out of 10 points. There were a whopping 10 000 Uruk-Hai; throw in the Dunlendings and you MIGHT get 20 000 enemies. Which leaves 50 walkers for every single Uruk-hai and (normal) human enemy.
    Dunno on that one: once past the first couple of chapters, the walkers are about as threatening as mounds of moist toilet paper. Kids kill 20 of them in a fight using garden tools.

OK, OK, exagerating a wee bit there. 50:1 odds is a lot of bad odds, especially when it only takes a tiny bite to take away one foe and replace it with a friend.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Dunno on that one: once past the first couple of chapters, the walkers are about as threatening as mounds of moist toilet paper. Kids kill 20 of them in a fight using garden tools.

OK, OK, exagerating a wee bit there. 50:1 odds is a lot of bad odds, especially when it only takes a tiny bite to take away one foe and replace it with a friend.
    That's pretty much it. And it's six points. That leaves four more points to use buying...oh... *checks*...The Defenders + Punisher (Cage + Punisher w. firearms + Danny Rand for Area Attacks or, if we go by what is last seen of character, magic-ki pistols and ridiculous bullet-timing) as well as ten war rhinos for hitting hardpoints holding off the mob-swarm of zombies.

Heck, if we're actually going by 'In Canon', then The Defenders is the comic-book version, and the MOST RECENT team under that name...is the original group. *snerk* That's all of two points to get Strange, The Hulk, the Surfer, and Namor.

...I don't think that's what the OP meant, though.

Still, if we go by the most recent comic book series, we're talking about the comic book versions of Cage, Jones, Murdock, and Rand. Which is probably also not what the OP meant (am 100% sure they meant the TV show characters), but it's the next best value for the points outside of 616 Loki being worth five. ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-16-2019 at 05:59 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Am I the only one sad that we're never going to get to see Danny Rand, the Immortal Iron Pistol?

Iron Fist was...bleah. I wanted it to be better, but I didn't like 90% of the characters (except Ward), and that included Danny, who was for the greater part of season 2, an angry asshat. It went beyond 'flawed' into 'annoying' territory. Plus, the fights were still...eh. I recall one I liked in the entire two seasons of Iron Fist, and it didn't have Danny in it. *pauses* Two. And they didn't have Danny. Fights aren't everything, but when it's Iron Fist, they're kind of important, and when the fights can't make up for the characters? Bleah.

When they went with the 'Orson Randall' idea, I just...bleah.

I personally feel that out of the four Defender series, Iron Fist dropped the biggest ball from the highest point. Honorable mentions to Season 1 of Luke Cage (someone thought replacing Cottonmouth with Diamondback was a good idea?) and the second half of Season Two Daredevil (Elektra, ugh), but Iron Fist for me was the 'Big Potential, Goes Nowhere' show.

And probably the only one I'm 'meh' that it was cancelled.

Mileage may vary (and probably does, different tastes!).

...it's funny, but I felt that Danny's best appearance was in Luke Cage S2. I enjoyed him there.
    Why are we here?

5 points can buy you MCU Loki taking the form of Sauraman to order the Uruk-Hai to cancel the attack on Helms Deep and start heading back to Isengard.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Iron Fist was...bleah. I wanted it to be better, but I didn't like 90% of the characters (except Ward), and that included Danny, who was for the greater part of season 2, an angry asshat. It went beyond 'flawed' into 'annoying' territory. Plus, the fights were still...eh. I recall one I liked in the entire two seasons of Iron Fist, and it didn't have Danny in it. *pauses* Two. And they didn't have Danny. Fights aren't everything, but when it's Iron Fist, they're kind of important, and when the fights can't make up for the characters? Bleah.

When they went with the 'Orson Randall' idea, I just...bleah.

I personally feel that out of the four Defender series, Iron Fist dropped the biggest ball from the highest point. Honorable mentions to Season 1 of Luke Cage (someone thought replacing Cottonmouth with Diamondback was a good idea?) and the second half of Season Two Daredevil (Elektra, ugh), but Iron Fist for me was the 'Big Potential, Goes Nowhere' show.

And probably the only one I'm 'meh' that it was cancelled.

Mileage may vary (and probably does, different tastes!).

...it's funny, but I felt that Danny's best appearance was in Luke Cage S2. I enjoyed him there.
    Oh, I completely agree that IF was a waste and needed the ax more than the other shows. I just had this perverse desire to see where they went with the Iron Pistol.

If I had to order them...

Punisher

Daredevil could drag from time to time but I generally enjoyed it and thought Charlie Cox was a fine DD. Kudos to the fight scenes actually transmitting the feeling of impact to the watcher - yeah, they have some jumpy-cut nonsense, but Matt fights at basically the limit of what a human-ish person could kind of soft of do if you squint really hard, and they are definitely dynamic and well-shot. Game of Thrones should have hired whoever consulted for Marvel/Netflix to clean up their trash. Kingpin is excellent.

Jessica Jones was great for the character work of Jess (even though no real person could be that much of an asshat AND ALSO be any kind of a hero, even a reluctant one) and the lack of relying solely on powers and fighting.

Luke Cage - man, so much potential in S1, REALLY dropped the ball in S2, culminating in what, a heel turn?

The 30 minutes Loki falls in Strange's sling circle. Not what happened around it, but literally being in it, falling and seeing nothing.

Finally IF. The fight scenes aren't great. Danny is... not Danny. They really tried to make up for the mansplaining moments in S1 by what, giving Coleen the Iron Fist? That deserved a Gundam right there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    5 points can buy you MCU Loki taking the form of Sauraman to order the Uruk-Hai to cancel the attack on Helms Deep and start heading back to Isengard.
    And any who don't believe it can be handily ruined by the guy physically. He ignores assault rifle shots, there is literally nothing they can do to him either.

Astonishing Member

Do the folks with firearms and explosives have unlimited reloads? If not, they are out pretty soon and useless.

The Walkers and the Aliens for 10 points and an easy win. It's really just the Walkers.

Any reason why Kong couldn't solo 10k humanoids with swords?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

Could you solo, 10K bees (forgetting about poison in stings)? Enough could swarm up your tender parts to make life pretty miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Could you solo, 10K bees (forgetting about poison in stings)? Enough could swarm up your tender parts to make life pretty miserable.
    The orcs can neither fly nor crawl straight up*. They are not bees. They are humanoids. This is more like me vs 10k ants, except the ants cant crawl straight up stuff.

Kong survived multiple passes from heavy machine guns before succumbing. Prior to that, he was getting full on bitten by a pair of teeth larger and scarier than a real T Rex and seemed hurt but not impaired.

*the smaller orc/goblin breeds DO have feats for scaling up surfaces but the larger Uruks do not.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure