Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I hear you...I actually loved early Geoff Johns. His JSA, Flash (first run), Hawkman, Green Lantern & Infinite Crisis are great! Right around Blackest Night and Flash Rebirth he lost me. Flash Rebirth had so many things wrong with it and Blackest Night and SO many of his projects afterwards are him trying to sell action figures by mis matching characters. Sinestro Corp Batman, Flash Parallax, Hal Jordan in various color lantern costumes, Barry Allen as the new Black Flash. It got so bad at one point I would cringe when I would see it.

Retired

One of my favourite Geoff Johns series was STARS AND S.T.R.I.P.E. I also liked his work on JSA with David Goyer--but not as much as James Robinson with Goyer. However, when Geoff did the crossover event DAY OF JUDGEMENT, I was apoplectic. I complained about it on the DC message board. I thought it was a stupid idea. But I figured that Johns might not have been responsible and as a newbie at DC he was forced to carry out their plan for SpectrHal. I don't see how the same guy who later wrote GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH would have thought this was the proper fate for either Hal Jordan or the Wrath of God.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Just to show you how subjective these sort of questions are: I happen to LOVE DC's Golden Age stuff; to me they're the four colored version of a stress ball: They always lighten my mood and I always have so much fun reading them (All-Star Comics is a particular joy to me).
    I agree.
    While Quality Comics has risen to be my favorite Golden Age material, due mostly to Eisner, Cole and their studio's color palette, I still love All-Star Comics. And the Golden Age featured a lot more realistic 'if a person were to fight crime in a costume' stories than we see today.
    Mostly because their roots were still in pulp magazines and crime fiction. Many of the Golden Age heroes were really private detectives, adventurers and G-Men given a unique 'gimmick' and a costume.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

The 80's, with 90's a close second followed by the 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    easily the 90s and early 2000s .

My favorite runs of all time took place during those years.
    1. Starman- James Robinson
    2. The Flash- Waid, Millar, Morrison, & Johns
    3. JSA- Robinson, Goyer, & Johns
    Well others have included other companies so I will include Marvel as well. While DC was killing it in the 90s on my favorite characters.....Marvel on the other hand was not so great during this same period with my favorite Marvel characters. Daredevil was extremely hit or miss during this time and Spider-Man was caught up in that convoluted clone mess. It would probably be easier to list the decades I enjoyed: 60's can't go wrong with the classics, 80s especially Daredevil was fantastic, 2000's again especially Daredevil fantastic. Current period I don't know where to classify, but it's the most Marvel I have ever read and I am loving MANY titles.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

1980's for sure. So many great stories and runs came out of this decade.

Retired

The thing about the 1980s for me is it's cut right down the middle. DC has two 1980s and they don't fit together.

It's a 20 year span between 1965-1985.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

1970s

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    For DC? that would be 76 through 85.
    I agree.

I enjoyed DC before COIE, DKR & Killing Joke. I felt then comics were maturing but still had some childlike hope and fun.

After that, GrimDark became emperor for the next 2 decades. I should have stopped reading comics since I found them so depressing.

90s from about Zero Hour through 99. I loved the cohesiveness. So many good books.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Silver Age for how wacky and out there it was. Sinestro was so funny during that era.