Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Such a great fllm. Man I enjoyed every minute of it. Michael Bay should be forced to watch this, to see how you do BIG explosions, comedy, and story telling...

Top 3 films this year
    Captain America, Planet of the Apes, and GoTG. Interstellar, may remove one of those.

BANNED

I have to say I enjoyed how Drax got rid of Nebula while saying "You do not say that to my friend." Along with Howard's cameo, Thanos appearance, Rocket's "plans," and Groot's moments, this was a good movie just like the credits say it was.

Although, one thing bugged me, where were the Hulk themed cameos in the movie, because I couldn't find them ?

Another thing that bugged me was how they had Ronan killed Drax's family, but at least it corrected it self in the end when Drax said that he would kill Thanos.
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 08-01-2014 at 01:39 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Another thing that bugged me was how they had Ronan killed Drax's family, but at least it corrected it self in the end when Drax said that he would kill Thanos.
    I was kinda hoping that Drax's daughter's name would be Heather!

I loved it! It was just an all around good time watching this film. It was funny, it had drama and suspense, and was just so much fun!

About Nova Corps: we did see folks in the "comic book" armor in the background, so it is possible that the Nova Corps as we understand them were in play. Nova Corp did have a substantial fleet that they used in defense of Xandar in Annihilation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I have to say I enjoyed how Drax got rid of Nebula while saying "You do not say that to my friend." Along with Howard's cameo, Thanos appearance, Rocket's "plans," and Groot's moments, this was a good movie just like the credits say it was.

Although, one thing bugged me, where were the Hulk themed cameos in the movie, because I couldn't find them ?

Bereet, the red girl in Quill's ship, is from Rampaging Hulk stories (out of continuity), and appeared later in the Eighties in-continuity.

Amazing Member

A great movie indeed! I was pleasantly surprised with Bradley Coopers voice acting, and Batista played Drax very well. Pratt was good. I feel that Saldana was an okay choice for Gamora. She didn't really hold up her end of "the most dangerous woman in the universe" in the movie. Hopefully we will see more of her assassin expertise in Guardians 2. Groot was great as well! (and pretty violent nonetheless.)

Did Thanos look kind of odd to anyone else?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger JD View Post
    He's 7 feet tall, purple, and has the face of a skrull, so I think that's inevitable.

My only real complaint with this movie was Ronan. He hasn't been a villain for almost 10 years and even then he was always a villain of circumstance. However, they portrayed him as a 'mustache twirling' douche and his death wasn't taken the least bit seriously. I still enjoyed him overall, but he was a little too one dimensional.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger JD View Post
    A great movie indeed! I was pleasantly surprised with Bradley Coopers voice acting, and Batista played Drax very well. Pratt was good. I feel that Saldana was an okay choice for Gamora. She didn't really hold up her end of "the most dangerous woman in the universe" in the movie. Hopefully we will see more of her assassin expertise in Guardians 2. Groot was great as well! (and pretty violent nonetheless.)

I always knew that Thanos was a rip off of darkseid, so when I saw him in the movie, I thought to myself, "He looks exactly like Darkseid."

I was taken by surprise by how much ass groot kicked. I mean, he kicked more ass than drax. Batista's performance as drax was really good, I really liked it.

Did it bug anyone else that the novas didn't have superpowers? They just came off like a by the numbers para military space organization. I guess because a bunch of flying people would have cost too much money to make, or they wanted to distance themselves from green lantern. I loved the Kevin Bacon shoutout, and Chris Pratt's dancing was awesome.

It was a really great movie, Can't wait for the sequel.

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

I enjoyed the movie, it was fun. I saw it in imax 3d, and it was the best looking 3d movie I have seen. Very impressive.

I couple of takeaways:

- I wish Gunn had know a bit more about the characters. Why use Yondu, if it is not Yondu. I'm not talking about his altered looks, I'm talking about his complete personality makeover.

- I enjoyed the Nova Corps Air Force at the end. It would have been nice to see some of these guys in full gear on space cycles using their arm guns. The foot soldiers just stood around looking pretty with rockets on their arms. SHOW THEM USING THEM!

- Rocket made me laugh, a lot. He was a stud.

- Drax made me laugh.

- Star-lord was over the top, on several occasions, but he had hints of heroism.

- I was hoping Cosmo would speak, but I am glad he was in the movie.

I had a good time, will probably watch again.

Jimmy

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I always knew that Thanos was a rip off of darkseid, so when I saw him in the movie, I thought to myself, "He looks exactly like Darkseid."

I was taken by surprise by how much ass groot kicked. I mean, he kicked more ass than drax. Batista's performance as drax was really good, I really liked it.

Did it bug anyone else that the novas didn't have superpowers? They just came off like a by the numbers para military space organization. I guess because a bunch of flying people would have cost too much money to make, or they wanted to distance themselves from green lantern. I loved the Kevin Bacon shoutout, and Chris Pratt's dancing was awesome.

It was a really great movie, Can't wait for the sequel.
    How does Thanos look anything like Darkseid?

Ultimate Member

I just got back from seeing the film. It was fantastic, and really REALLY funny.

I think one of the reasons this movie was so enjoyable for me is that I really don't know anyting about the "classic" GoG (same reason why Bendis comic doesn't bother me as much as others).

So, little characterizations that may have been off here and there ddint' bother me bc I didnt' knwo they existed.

I thought Gamora was the weakest one of the GoG. For being the deadliest woman in the galaxy, she had a hell of a time capturing Starlord and really did do a whole lot that impressed me. She wasn't as "strong" mentally/attitude wise that I would expect.

Minor nick pick though. Weakest doesn't = bad.

I thought Ronan was fine as a villain. I think everyone expects every villain to be at that Joker, Loki, ect level and that just isn't always going to be the case. I LOVED it when he threatened Thanos after getting the Stone.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

I kind of liked that she of all people was the team's conscience. And she was badass enough, Star Lord is just a master of escaping from angry women (as he himself admitted). She was the first one to say that they needed to do the right thing once the Infinity Stone was revealed. Also, they're totally going to do a Star Lord/Gamora romance in the sequel.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think one of the reasons this movie was so enjoyable for me is that I really don't know anyting about the "classic" GoG (same reason why Bendis comic doesn't bother me as much as others).

So, little characterizations that may have been off here and there ddint' bother me bc I didnt' knwo they existed.

I thought Gamora was the weakest one of the GoG. For being the deadliest woman in the galaxy, she had a hell of a time capturing Starlord and really did do a whole lot that impressed me. She wasn't as "strong" mentally/attitude wise that I would expect.

Minor nick pick though. Weakest doesn't = bad.

I thought Ronan was fine as a villain. I think everyone expects every villain to be at that Joker, Loki, ect level and that just isn't always going to be the case. I LOVED it when he threatened Thanos after getting the Stone.
    He wasn't a BAD villain, certainly not like Malekith. It's just that underwhelming villains have been a consistent flaw in these movie. Ronan is actually quite a complicated character in the comics, and they could have played with that in this movie. But instead they made him just a generic genocidal lunatic. Frankly I found Nebula to be much more interesting than him.