Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

What people only assumed is warlock's cocoon.

Gunn liked the howard the duck character so that's why he was in the end credit as a throw away gag like with iron man 3. It's just a throw away gag , meant to be amusing. Not sure why people took it so seriously. The whole tone of the movie was not too serious. The dancing groot at the end could have told you that.

Ultimate Member

I was fine with the post-credit scene. However, they could have done both. Give the audience a "gag" scene and the do a second scene that teases something for the future. Other Marvel films have done it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I was fine with the post-credit scene. However, they could have done both. Give the audience a "gag" scene and the do a second scene that teases something for the future. Other Marvel films have done it.
    What did IM3 teased ?

With the cosmos cameo , i'm sure the telepathic dog will be involved in the sequel , not enough ?

With what happened in GOTG in space will have absolutely nothing to do with ultron on earth since the next movie is the avengers 2. It would seemed out of place.
    Last edited by marshal99; 08-01-2014 at 09:15 PM.

All-New Member

Who says that Ronan is actually dead? It seems to me that he's actually in the gem stone now. Kinda like Red Skull in Captain America.

Ultimate Member

It doesn't have to set up for AOU, it could set up for something else. And I didn't particularly care for the IM 3 stinger, so bringing that up means nothing to me. And finally we have no evidence that Cosmo will play a big role in the sequel, or even appear at all. He could very well just be a cute nod to the comics and nothing more.

All-New Member

I can't believe we actually have people complaining about after scene credits. They are after all something extra for the movie, nothing is ever assured of being the same always.

It's something nice that Marvel adds to it's movies, and not meant to be taken so seriously.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It doesn't have to set up for AOU, it could set up for something else. And I didn't particularly care for the IM 3 stinger, so bringing that up means nothing to me. And finally we have no evidence that Cosmo will play a big role in the sequel, or even appear at all. He could very well just be a cute nod to the comics and nothing more.
    Next 2 marvel movies are Avengers 2 & Ant-man , neither of which has any kind of connection in space. Heck , other than GOTG , no other marvel movies are in space other than the thanos & Chitauri link in avengers. I'm fine with the throwaway gag.
    As far as cosmo goes , yeah we have no idea whether he will appear or not in the next movie but i'm willing to wager that he will be. Who can resist having a telepathic soviet dog in the movie ? Gunn has a fairly blank canvas to draw on for the next story with the only guide that it is the lead-in to avengers 3.
    Last edited by marshal99; 08-01-2014 at 09:38 PM.

Great movie overall, for me it was avengers level of excitement. They did a great job coming from a comic that isn't well known as avengers. I read some of guardians comics before, and enjoyed when they put cosmo into the movie. I wasn't too fond of the space police nova with no powers. I thought it was funny when howard the duck was shown, it was like me and buddy yelling and screaming about the cameo then seeing the majority of the people looked confused and dumbfounded. I just hope they put more characters in GotG 2, like bug, mantis, nova, charlie-27, major victory and etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Janobi View Post
    Great movie overall, for me it was avengers level of excitement. They did a great job coming from a comic that isn't well known as avengers. I read some of guardians comics before, and enjoyed when they put cosmo into the movie. I wasn't too fond of the space police nova with no powers. I thought it was funny when howard the duck was shown, it was like me and buddy yelling and screaming about the cameo then seeing the majority of the people looked confused and dumbfounded. I just hope they put more characters in GotG 2, like bug, mantis, nova, charlie-27, major victory and etc.
    Not too many characters please. It'll become too bloated. They managed to do well in this movie because they just skim through most of the characters history and backstories.

Great film. I loved it all. I loved the after credit sequence a well. Funniest film in ages.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I'm not sure how much depth Ronan had, but I liked what they showed. A Kree patriot who refused to simply forget years and years of war and the lives lost -- at least on his side -- just because of a peace treaty. And that translated into vengeful justice. Guy can hold a grudge.

Rest of the movie was just fantastic. If and when Marvel sells a spoilers:
    motorized Flowerpot Groot that dances to music, I'll be the first person in line.
    end of spoilers
    You aren't the only one that wants the little dancing groot.

E! OnlineVerified account ‏@eonline

We NEED it @jamesgunn: @KidCoulson says "I would like a solar powered dancing baby Groot in a flower pot. Can we make that happen?" #AskGunn

James Gunn ‏@JamesGunn 10h

.@eonline @KidCoulson If I designed the toys I'd make it happen!
    Details

As far as the end credit scene goes ,

.@eonline @Isaac_O_C_A The end tag was just me having a bit of fun. At the end of the day, we don't take ourselves too seriously.
    Last edited by marshal99; 08-01-2014 at 10:11 PM.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

I had never read ANY of the new GOTG.

My early life reading comics with filled with Vance Astro and company.. So, going into the movie I was like "I hope I like it". It is basically filled with characters I know nothing about except for a couple of them from the Silver Surfer's 90's comic.

WOW, what a surprise! That movie was Great great great!!!

Groot stole my heart, Rocket was awesome too (I want to pet his head also), Gamora was more than bad-ass enough for me, and Drax played his role very well...

When it comes to Star Lord (My Peter), I think I want to have his babies!

GOTG ROCKED!!!!! Best Marvel Movie so far (CATWS 2nd, Avengers 3rd).

Cannot wait to watch the next one... I am off now to find some of my mom and dads 70's and 80's songs and go jam out in my room while I dream of Star Lord

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Exitar was shown when the Collector was talking about the Infinity Stones. It was really unexpected and increased the scale of the MU substantially.
    Based on the helmet, I thought it looked more like Arishem the Judge.

I agree with Cyberhubbs that Ronan's characterization had some interesting back story to it, though I do also agree with the sentiment that it might not have been developed enough. I think they could have taken a little more time to showcase his character and use that aspect of the story they gave him, perhaps put it in as a contrast to the stories of the losses suffered by the other characters (Quill's mom, Gamora's race, Drax' family) to depict the different paths all of their grief took them on, and maybe make a more poignant emotional story to parallel the outward journey they all faced, but there was a lot of ground to cover with this movie (they didn't have the advantage of several individual movies to intro the characters), so some stuff got missed. I do feel like there were some shortcuts taken to the emotional scenes that I wish they'd have taken more time to play out organically, and some other pacing issues (particularly in the beginning), but overall I feel like they did a pretty good job with it, and this ranks up among my favorite films so far.

The visuals were incredible, and I love the opening scene with Quill in the ruins. That, and the dance-off were my two favorite moments.

I'm kind of in shock that people liked this. This film is pretty much the embodiment of what I feared the Marvel 'cinematic universe' would become.

The 'defeat Ronan with dancing' actually had me ready to up and leave the theater in a fit, after gritting my teeth through all sorts of travesties heaped on Marvel's esteemed galactic fare. The Nova Corps were an absolute insult.

This was rubbish, through and through. I'm sure it's a lovely kids film for families to enjoy. It is a full BS excuse for a 'Guardians of the Galaxy' film though.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Ultimate Member

"Esteemed galactic fare," oh please. You mean DnA's stuff, because apparently they really liked the movie, as did Jim Starlin. And they didn't defeat him with dancing, it was a distraction, nothing more. They actually defeated him in a much more badass way. So forgive me if I take the word of the guys who were responsible for that "esteemed galactic fare" over yours ok.