Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I have to say that one thing this movie makes it hard to do is make a Nova movie. It wouldn't matter if it was Richard or Sam because the MCU version of the Corps isn't a group of people connected to the Nova force flying through space but literal space cops.

What would it look like, Richard or Sam find a crash landed Nova ship on earth and fly off trying to be heroes not knowing they are impersonating an interstellar officer. That sounds like it would be the movie Let's be Cops(which is not out yet) except set in space.
    Or maybe they just follow the comics, because I remember the Nova Corps in FF 204 using wrist blasters, ships, and speeder bikes. Maybe Rider is like space Captain America and he is the first Nova to use the Nova Force powers like he was in the comics, and then he gave up his spark of the Nova Force to reignite the Worldmind who gave the Nova Force abilities to others. It was later retroactively retconned, and the Xandarians always had this power, and it might of been lost to them by the Worldmind being drained completely, or whatever organic source of the Nova Force before the Worldmind disappeared.(Organic Worldmind? That could be interesting an story actually. Maybe it's a Xandarian and maybe that Xandarian is like the Avatar, a lot of possibilities.)

Crash landed ship? This ain't Green Lantern son!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I would be 100% happy with no new team members and just learning a bit more about each characters background throughout the second film.

Especially Drax and Groot. I feel like we know enough about Gamora (Thanos killed her people, adopted her, trained/tortured her into an assassin) and Rocket (created illegally through torture and experiments) and a decent amount Quill (half human, picked up by pirates but not delivered, trained to be a pirate/robber but has a heart of gold)

But Groot? All I know about Groot is that he is rare (the Collector wanted him), seems like a really nice guy/tree monster, and is good friends with Rocket. Is he the last of his kind? How did he meet Rocket? How did someone with a heart of gold end up being a Bounty hunter with Rocket?

And Drax... family slaughtered, takes thigns literally, seems to have super strength/speed ect. Is his race naturally quick to anger or is that due to his vengeance? Are they generally peaceful or war mongering? Are they all as trained as him or did he do that to himself after losing his family? What do those markings mean if anything?
    It's fair to say that the wheels are already in place for what the sequel might bring - Peter search for his mysterious alien father but probably along the way , more space adventures which will lead to the biggie avengers 3.

Spectacular Member

Any thoughts on who Peter's father might be. I took the angel of light thing semi-literally, but I recognise that theres enough hi-tech out there for an opportunist to make himself look like anything.

All-New Member

Loved the movie as well!! Listened to these guys' podcast today and it resonated with my thoughts on the movie:
    The Uncanny Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadTitan View Post
    Any thoughts on who Peter's father might be. I took the angel of light thing semi-literally, but I recognise that theres enough hi-tech out there for an opportunist to make himself look like anything.
    Well, in the comics he's [SPOILER] a man named J'Son of Sparta, and is head of a galactic empire I think?

As for the movie, I saw it last night and loved it. I hope The Collector returns - Benicio del Toro seems to have way too much fun as the character for him to never appear again. I thought Rocket and - in particular- Groot stole the show. Those serene moments where Groot just showed his true colours: handing the girl a flower, lighting the way with his spores/pollen/seeds, protecting all of the Guardians to sacrifice himself (even if it was obvious he'd come back), he really was the stand out in the movie for me. Pratt was brilliant, but I felt so-so about Gamora and Drax.

As an aside, can anyone recommend some good Graphic Novels/TPBs to get me up to speed on what Thanos is all about? I know there's been a few decent series' about him and his origins of late, but not sure what order etc. to read them in.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Damnackey View Post
    According to James Gunn, Peter Quill has a universal translation implant/Device. He Said it was Visible sometimes but Im not sure exactly when...he went on to say that all the characters have various Implants and devices.
    I just found the interview, and that satisfies me mostly but I think they could have included a throwaway line in the movie that explained this to the audience. Right now, if you haven't seen that interview, you have no way of knowing this and it just looks like everyone in space speaks English.

This movie is the surprise of the year! I knew it would be good, but not this good.

For those interested I threw together a video of my thoughts:

Amazing Member

Here's my video review of Guardians of the Galaxy. In short, this movie is awesome. I expected it to be good, but I didn't quite expect the level of awesomeness my eyes were saturated in when the film began its opening sequence.

GOTG is a game changer for Marvel and comic book movies in general. It's succeed where many other comic movie adaptations have failed, managing to combine solid humor with heart and emotion, creating a fun viewing experience the likes of which I've not had during a summer movie since I was 5 years old.

While as a narrative it wasn't as strong as Captaing America: The Winter Soldier, it serves as a solid bit of entertainment on the lighter end of the spectrum. So many movies that come out now are dark, gloom, and doom. This is a nice change of pace from the status quo.

Check out the video review to see what I thought of the themes in the movie and be sure to leave comments and feedback about your thoughts on Guardians of the Galaxy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin86 View Post
    Well, in the comics he's [SPOILER] a man named J'Son of Sparta, and is head of a galactic empire I think?

As for the movie, I saw it last night and loved it. I hope The Collector returns - Benicio del Toro seems to have way too much fun as the character for him to never appear again. I thought Rocket and - in particular- Groot stole the show. Those serene moments where Groot just showed his true colours: handing the girl a flower, lighting the way with his spores/pollen/seeds, protecting all of the Guardians to sacrifice himself (even if it was obvious he'd come back), he really was the stand out in the movie for me. Pratt was brilliant, but I felt so-so about Gamora and Drax.

As an aside, can anyone recommend some good Graphic Novels/TPBs to get me up to speed on what Thanos is all about? I know there's been a few decent series' about him and his origins of late, but not sure what order etc. to read them in.
    Avengers vs Thanos TPBthanos.jpg

After that, read Thanos Quest. That heads directly into Infinity Gauntlet.

What if Avengers 3 with the Infinity Gauntlet isn't what we thought?

what is Thanos never gets the stones and Gauntlet? He is utterly failing so far (as far as we know he has zero.)

What if he comes for Earth out of revenge and it is the Avengers who form teh guantlet and let say... Cap wields it to stop Thanos. But being a mortal, it kills him leading to Bucky becomign Cap 3

or some ****.

because at this point, for Thanos to form the Gauntlet, and A LOT of stuff has to happen. And I don't know if there are enough movies to do it unless every minute ends with him getting what he wants in the end. I don't think you can have Thanos collect ALL OF THEM in the first half of the movie. That would be kinda dumb and lead me to be like "well why didn't he just go get them himself int he first place?"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    because at this point, for Thanos to form the Gauntlet, and A LOT of stuff has to happen. And I don't know if there are enough movies to do it unless every minute ends with him getting what he wants in the end. I don't think you can have Thanos collect ALL OF THEM in the first half of the movie. That would be kinda dumb and lead me to be like "well why didn't he just go get them himself int he first place?"
    Thanos is manipulator. Pretty much everything that's happening with the infinity objects is by his design. Just because they aren't in his personal hands doesn't mean they aren't where he wants them to be. By not having personal possession of them, he can remain in the background.

One of my favorite Marvel movies....actually could ne one of my fave movies ever.
    Hit all right notes and emotions, a wacky, touching, funny brilliant film:

So, so many great parts, including
    The opening dance
    The stolen leg
    The rescue of Gamora
    Groot's "how'd I do?" smile
    Friends hand-in-hand to save the galaxy
    Dancing baby

Great performances across the board too. Star-Lord is now my hero, man.
    Pure geekgasm....can't wait to see again

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Thanos is manipulator. Pretty much everything that's happening with the infinity objects is by his design. Just because they aren't in his personal hands doesn't mean they aren't where he wants them to be. By not having personal possession of them, he can remain in the background.
    I'm sort of thinking this myself... he probably knows one is on Asgaard and another is with the Collector (who I personally think will end up getting a few more). Also, did we ever find out who Yondu had planned on retrieving the orb/gem for at the movie's end (only for it to be switched out?)? Or was it that Yondu just wanted it for himself?

Amazing Member

I'd like to know if Ronan is officially dead or not. If the Orb happens to be the Time gem, then based off what happened to the Red Skull, it could be assumed that Ronan was displaced somewhere in time, whereas the Skull was sent somewhere in space. (Assuming the Orb is in fact the Time gem and assuming the Tessaract is the Space gem.) Ronan is a more interesting character than he was portrayed as in GotG. I hope he is alive so Gunn or whoever can flesh him out some more.

That's about my only minor complaint for this movie, otherwise, it was fantastic!

I did like that Yondu's crew wanting to eat Peter because he was human had been a joke the entire time.