All-New Member

Default Where can I submit a short story draft for feedback?

Howdy all,

I'm a new memeber, and joined to see if any of you kind folk could give me some advice!

I like writing story ideas for comics (they never come tyo anything) but recently I started writing what I thnk could become a short story. It's a detective/superhero story (nothing to do with The Bat!).

It's only 2 chapters long so far. I've sent it to friends to read and critique and give feedback, but no one seems to be willing/have the time.

Can anyone suggest a moderately newb-friendly place where I can submit some work and have people leave feedback? Maybe I could even post it somewhere on CBR?? It's only 1700-odd words, pretty short.

Muchos Gracias!!

There is the Creator Showcase forum here on CBR, which might suit your interests. I'm not sure how well it functions for editorial feedback, critique, or beta reading in your case, however.

Archive of Our Own (AO3) might be a good option. It is probably the largest resource for amateur writing in the world right now.

In general, it's hard to find good and helpful editorial feedback—it's a very scarce volunteer resource. Best option for many is to find other writers (perhaps via AO3), comment on their stories, and offer to critique or beta read their drafts. Some of them might be willing to help you out in return.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

All-New Member

Really appreciate your reply kjn, I'll give both a go. Thanks!