View Poll Results: How dou you like Magneto best?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • As a pure villain

4 16.67%
  • As an Anti-Villain with good intentions

9 37.50%
  • As a real hero

0 0%
  • As an unscrupulous Anti-Hero

11 45.83%

Default Magneto - How do you like him best?

Normally that would go to the X-Boards, but as Magneto has repeadetly been featured in other books like the Avengers or crossovers, I think this it he best place to put it.
    Magneto has been one of Marvel's most defining bad guys since the very beginning. He pretty much is the poster boy for a man with honest intentions who tries to achieve them through any emans necessary.
    But thats not the only way he has been written.
    On his introduction, he was a pure bad guy, with no sympathetic goals.
    And partially, he even joined up with the good guys.

So how do you personally prefer him?

Pure Villain? (First appearance)
    Anti-Villain? (Most common depiction)
    Anti-Hero? (Current solo)
    Hero? (First Face-Turn)
    Last edited by Anarchist; 08-01-2014 at 03:02 AM.

BANNED

I like him as an unambiguous genocidal villain with delusions of being a hero.

Where is the dead option?

I want him dead and leave him that way.

BANNED

That works too. As a rule I am opposed to dead not staying that way.

Still, that leaves the question of who he was before he kicked the bucket.

I prefer him as in his current solo, not actually evil, but willing to get his hands dirty if that gets the things done.

BANNED

I usually flip flop on this but with things the way they are now.....there is no way Mag's can go back to being a pure villain. Be to much of a character devolution. So in saying that I like him somewhere in the middle.

BANNED

I went for pure villain because what he believed which was have mutants rule over mankind is already evil. I just want him to be concerned still to prof x because theyre still friends.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I usually flip flop on this but with things the way they are now.....there is no way Mag's can go back to being a pure villain. Be to much of a character devolution. So in saying that I like him somewhere in the middle.
    Why not? even though his victims have been an unsavory lot he's still a ruthless killer. The law doesn't care if it is justified or not but he's become like the Punisher. You'd still need to prosecute him as a serial killer. But this being the MU and the cops don't really go after the Punisher that much they won't go after him either...unless S.H.I.E.L.D finds it necessary to take Magneto down at some point.

Seeing as all his scruples were tacked on by Claremont much later he's better suited as the fourth option.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-01-2014 at 07:23 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Why not? even though his victims have been an unsavory lot he's still a ruthless killer. The law doesn't care if it is justified or not but he's become like the Punisher. You'd still need to prosecute him as a serial killer. But this being the MU and the cops don't really go after the Punisher that much they won't go after him either...unless S.H.I.E.L.D finds it necessary to take Magneto down at some point.

Seeing as all his scruples were tacked on by Claremont much later he's better suited as the fourth option.
    I'm not excusing him of what he is doing. I think it is flat out wrong but even still his motives , in his mind at least, are pure. If Mag;'s just went to being bad for the sake of being bad or because once again he wants to rule the world through mutant kind then I wouldn't be for it. To me that would be going in reverse for the character.

Incredible Member

I really think Magnetos first heel-face turn was amazing and it was only due to editor's mandate it was undone.

that editor's mandate was idiotic and led to a ton of wishy washyness with the character.

However, it is true he does his best work when his intensions are completely honorable, but his methods are questionable.

so anti-hero twisting to hero?