Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cap and Iron Man (Endgame) Vs. Hulk (Ragnarok)

MCU versions, obviously.

Okay, let's take Captain America with Mjolnir and Tony with his suit from the final battle in Endgame (so no Hulkbuster), and pit them against War Hulk (all feats from Incredible Hulk to Thor: Ragnarok are in play. No puny Professor Hulk.). No Grandmaster with the taser. War Hulk gets the same weapons from Ragnarok.

Battle is to the death or KO. Standard arena rules.

Which side takes it?

I would imagine the duo take this handily.

Truth be told, Thor beat the Hulk in Ragnarok - and he didn't have any weapon worth talking about.

Tony was wearing a very high-end suit in Endgame (one similar or possibly identical to the one that gave Thanos a bit of trouble) and Cap had Mjolnir and his shield (which was a combination that knocked Thanos off his feet).

Teamed-up, there's enough there to take Hulk down without really needing to get into close-quarters combat with him (bearing in mind he HAS been flattened and dazed by Mjolnir before, he HAS been KO'd by the Hulkbuster, and Thor WITHOUT Mjolnir or Stormbreaker really took it to him).

Tony can take to the air, Cap can send Mjolnir out from afar. A KO would come.
    Last edited by KJS; 05-16-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post

Truth be told, Thor beat the Hulk in Ragnarok - and he didn't have any weapon worth talking about.
    Yeah, that's why I didn't include Thor here. But still regardless, the final outcome of that particular battle was still unclear, since both Thor and Hulk were on their feet and didn't seem that worse for wear when they were about to really throw down. It was only then that Grandmaster zapped Thor into Old Doug (though, the fact that Grandmaster had it at the ready was clearly because Thor was gaining the upper hand via his untapped potential).

Also, for anyone's reference for whatever reason:

Last edited by Cyke; 05-16-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Thor took it to him, but once Hulk got angry enough he did shellack Thor. Thor's super Saiyan form saved his ass in that fight.

I'm unsure they can replicate God-mode Thor's power but I think if Tony comes in close and he and cap just batter Hulk with Mjolnir and Tony's nano-Gauntlets he used against Thanos they could win.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Tony's IW suit did SIGNIFICANTLY better than Hulk did against Thanos, all by his lonesome.

Here we've added Cap dual-wielding Mjolnir and his shield, so I'd say yeah, Hulk gets smoooshed.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

They can both keep back and just blast away at the guy. He won't fall right away... but he won't remain standing long either.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Tony's IW suit did SIGNIFICANTLY better than Hulk did against Thanos, all by his lonesome.
    Hep-hep-hep! While I'd certainly count Tony's feats, I specified Hulk up through Thor: Ragnarok. Hulk's showings against Thanos in Infinity War are just outside of that and, frankly, Hulk probably had better strength (and arguably, more savage) feats in the Ed Norton film than Infinity War.

Part of it is because the wider battlefield and weapons on Hulk's side. Plus, Hulk no like throat punch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    They can both keep back and just blast away at the guy. He won't fall right away... but he won't remain standing long either.
    On the flip side, now Cap can power-up Tony for a super-repulsor blast, much the same way as in the first Avengers movie and in Endgame.

edit: sloppy, sloppy posting, Cyke

Are you arguing that Hulk in IW wasnt operating at normal levels? He had 40 seconds of screen time. It was just after Ragnarok.

I see no reason to believe he under performed or was less than his top self. More like Thanos is just that scary.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Are you arguing that Hulk in IW wasnt operating at normal levels? He had 40 seconds of screen time. It was just after Ragnarok.

I see no reason to believe he under performed or was less than his top self. More like Thanos is just that scary.
    He wasn't operating at normal levels in Thor: Ragnarok, either. He had armor and weapons that he doesn't have in any other movie (so def. not standard gear). He therefore had buffs in the arena fight, but not those same buffs in Asgard later in the same movie. Also, technically, the nature of those weapons means he displayed a range attack against Thor in the arena (not that I'm arguing that it's in any way a match for Tony and Mjolnir. Just that he has a range attack, not that it'd be effective. It certainly wasn't effective against Thor, who just had to dodge).

I would also be interested to see how Tony's IW suit -- which is obviously more advanced and more versatile -- compares to the Hulkbuster in Age of Ultron, since that really was a Hulk vs. Iron Man fight. And that took a prolonged battle to put Hulk down.

Edit: on a side note, Thanos wore his armor while fighting the Hulk, and he took it off after he got the power gem because he didn't need the armor anymore. But the part where he was cut by Tony was a part that would've been protected by his helmet. So Thanos at the beginning of the movie had the added benefit of his armor. That is, Thanos at the end of IW was arguably more vulnerable than Thanos in the beginning, but by a negligible degree. Now, obviously, Thanos in Endgame had his whole suit of armor and we saw how he wrecked the Avengers there, too. It's just that IW Hulk went up against something that the other heroes in IW didn't have to. Likewise, this isn't to say necessarily that IW Hulk would've added much in either the IW or Endgame final battles at the top of his game.
    Last edited by Cyke; 05-16-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Just have Cap drop Mjolnir on Hulk and hang back while Tony wails away at a functionally pinned Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Just have Cap drop Mjolnir on Hulk and hang back while Tony wails away at a functionally pinned Hulk.
    Damn you, Stark.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

Edit: on a side note, Thanos wore his armor while fighting the Hulk, and he took it off after he got the power gem because he didn't need the armor anymore.
    Little correction for you there: he already had the Power stone when he fought Hulk - he got the Space stone after that fight, from Loki.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I'd bet on Tony being able to solo Hulk by the end. With some exceptions, the MCU took the implications of Tony fighting as a tech genius constantly developing new armors and showed how he'd alter the power curve over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I'd bet on Tony being able to solo Hulk by the end. With some exceptions, the MCU took the implications of Tony fighting as a tech genius constantly developing new armors and showed how he'd alter the power curve over time.
    *cough cough, Civil War.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei