Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Me, I've never had a LCS, it's why I stick with trades rather than single issue floppies, makes more sense when ordering online. I definitely believe that the brick and mortar comic book store will die out long before comic books themselves do. It sucks, but it is what it is.
    I'm rather similar. It's upsetting to hear about businesses shutting down, and I know that can really affect peoples' joy of this hobby, but I think this kind of thing is inevitable, for better or worse. The brick and mortar store, while charming in its ways, is really impractical for comics these days, as is the entire direct market paradigm. This is a pretty interesting time, because I believe we're very close to the next evolutionary shift for comics, which I think will focus more on the internet, with things such as digital comics, webcomics, and crowdfunded comics. I'm not sure where the floppy will play into that, but I'm sure collected trades and original graphic novels will still be printed for people who like physical books. Even back issues for classic comics are usually way easier to find online, because there is a way bigger selection in cyberspace than what a comic shop can compete with.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 05-22-2019 at 11:48 AM.