Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Just skip Disassembled and Age of X-Men, they aren't anything worthwhile to read.

Read the current Rosenberg's run from UXM #11 onwards because that affects the status quo of return of Wolvie, Scott and the deaths of several 4 X-Men.
    I think it is better start with Hickman. It will be a fresh start

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think it is better start with Hickman. It will be a fresh start
    I don't think they are going to reverse the deaths like people wished.

Quote:

We have made very clear over the last two days that every X-Men comic we're currently publishing is a part of the master plan as we build towards HoX & PoX. It all counts. It all adds to the larger story. The X-Men mythos continue to grow.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    I don't think they are going to reverse the deaths like people wished.

Quote:

We have made very clear over the last two days that every X-Men comic we're currently publishing is a part of the master plan as we build towards HoX & PoX. It all counts. It all adds to the larger story. The X-Men mythos continue to grow.
    Yeah, that's the standard "every story is very important" non-sense. Plus, it's possible Rosenberg himself reverses this.

BANNED

Go have some fun, Come back in July for HiX-men.
    It'll save you money and some serious headache.

Read Inhumans books to prepare for the coming of Hickman.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

No one recommended the best X-Men book:

Uncanny Avengers volume 3
    "Cable was right!"

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the info. Based on your input I think I'm just gonna wait and pick up Hickman's stuff. I'm really excited for it as I loved his F.F & Avengers stuff and how it all coalesced into Secret Wars, it was masterful. I might pick up some tpb's of the X-Men stuff that I missed over time if my budget allows.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 02:53 PM.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

If everyone is thinking this way it worries me more about how much sales are going to keep getting worse for the current titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

some facts right here
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    If everyone is thinking this way it worries me more about how much sales are going to keep getting worse for the current titles.
    This forum isn't the majority. Usually we are the minority on our opinions. Chances are, the sales are probably decent enough & people will keep buying.

Only some of us here are spending money on the current books.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Was that one Duggan's run? If so, I can agree with that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    This forum isn't the majority. Usually we are the minority on our opinions. Chances are, the sales are probably decent enough & people will keep buying.

Only some of us here are spending money on the current books.
    It is also possible that, for some, hype for Hickman's run will bring some folks to the current books in anticipation of what's to come.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    This is my advice as well.
    I haven't read them since they killed off Wolverine, but although he's back, I still have little enthusiasm for picking them up again.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I haven't read them since they killed off Wolverine, but although he's back, I still have little enthusiasm for picking them up again.
    When they killed Wolvie I was interested in seeing where the X-Men books went. I was hoping to see what other characters would get the attention and focus that he got. But soon enough there was Old Man Logan & Jimmy Hudson, which seemed kinda silly to me. I did enjoy Laura's 'All-New Wolverine' though.

Now I'm interested in maybe picking up the stuff that covers Jean's resurrection as she is a favorite character of mine.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I agree with DragonsChi
    You could read the current run of Uncanny. I would probably throw in X-Force and the X-Men Black One-shots as well.

After those, the Marvel wiki would be enough for arc summaries & individual characters you wanna catch up on.

Because Hickman is coming to do some stabilizing / damage control to franchise but that won't start until Jul. 24th with House of X #1.
    Yeah, that’s what I’ll do, wait until Hickman’s Run begins (maybe pick up AoX Omega/ Uncanny 22/ Whatever X-Forces end # would be to see how they get to Hickman’s run......will it go Timey Wimey, fix several controversial changes made over the years from Morrison’s Run to the end of IvX) or will the less said about events leading up to House/ Powers of X, the better......Timey Wimey reasons make sense, as Moria is shown in preview art and cover previews.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    some facts right here
    Duggan Tha God wrote the best Rogue since the 80s (Carey doesn’t count, he brought back Rogneto).