Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    If the characters don't know who's dead or alive, why use it as evidence that a character dies in an issue that isn't out yet?
    The X-men met Sunspot in WotR, alive. Later, they mention he's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I think Rosenberg did say that there would be a character in this mini whose “dead or alive” status would be in question. And maybe only the mutants in the sewers will know he’s alive because he’s keeping it secret, meaning only Hope, Jono, Jamie, and Rahne know. Two of whom are...dead now.

If my baby Berto bites it, I too will die.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    But we readers know where they are. Cyclops doesn't have info the readers do.
    It was Karma who listed out the dead and not Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    It was Karma who listed out the dead and not Cyclops.
    well she'd know better than him Anyway

Bugs me when they mess with continuity like this. But anyway, this series has been more exciting than Uncanny by a long shot. Kind of wish they would have just gone that route... anyone not sucked into Nate's realm was brought to Asgard to kick butt.

I think the lesson learned from this month's batch of comics is that we just want Hickman to start already and give us this "promised land" we're all hoping for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It's really weird that War of Realms: UXM happened before UXM #17 and we are faced with the question whether Sunspot really died or just went missing like the Age-of-XMen people.

That's because Sunspot didn't join the X-team in UXM #17 and Karma keeps mentioning he's no longer 'here' in UXM #17 and #18.

Since Rosenberg did mention there will be two more deaths both of which are male, one is Chamber in UXM#18, the other one should be Sunspot.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 05-17-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Okay, as long as we leave the weird white flesh-colored costume behind

the Jean from 90s X-Men show where she couldn’t lift a box without straining herself because powerful woomane = bad

When you had Storm and Rogue constantly kicking butt and being the strongest members of the team, does that reason really fly? I think the writers just weren't focused on Jean initially, and then her relative weakness actually makes her Phoenix/Dark Phoenix turns all the more contrasting.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    When you had Storm and Rogue constantly kicking butt and being the strongest members of the team, does that reason really fly? I think the writers just weren't focused on Jean initially, and then her relative weakness actually makes her Phoenix/Dark Phoenix turns all the more contrasting.
    It made it worst, there are literal videos dedicated to her ineptitude. They blatantly made her ineffective, helpless, and otherwise a general threat to her own safety. Even as Phoenix she constantly fainted, only as DP was Jean shown capable but that wasn't even her.

Rogue and Storm's consistent and varied narratives developed them into organic characters, Jean's narrative was how ineffectual her abilities and stories outside the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix episodes were.

it wasn't powerful feeeeeemoid = bad it was just that they let me write the scripts for TAS
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    it wasn't powerful feeeeeemoid = bad it was just that they let me write the scripts for TAS
    How could you do that to Jean?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Bugs me when they mess with continuity like this. But anyway, this series has been more exciting than Uncanny by a long shot. Kind of wish they would have just gone that route... anyone not sucked into Nate's realm was brought to Asgard to kick butt.

I think the lesson learned from this month's batch of comics is that we just want Hickman to start already and give us this "promised land" we're all hoping for.
    Be careful. The Promise Land took 40 years to reach. lol Then again, not like things haven't been bad for around a decade so far. Maybe we'll get there sooner. lol

But yeah, as much as I don't care for Rosenberg's Uncanny, I am letting it all ride on Hickman undoing some of his mess & hopefully getting continuity straightened out which writers will now be expected to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    But yeah, as much as I don't care for Rosenberg's Uncanny, I am letting it all ride on Hickman undoing some of his mess & hopefully getting continuity straightened out which writers will now be expected to follow.
    I wouldn't expect Hickman to undo anything considering the current writers and editorial all knew the deal when they started the current runs. Meaning they will probably end in suitable starting point for Hickman.

So either Rosenberg himself will undo his own "mess" or it will be left alone.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I wouldn't expect Hickman to undo anything considering the current writers and editorial all knew the deal when they started the current runs. Meaning they will probably end in suitable starting point for Hickman.

So either Rosenberg himself will undo his own "mess" or it will be left alone.
    I think Rosenberg will undo some of his mess. things doesn't look right on his run

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think Rosenberg will undo some of his mess. things doesn't look right on his run
    Chamber's death bordered on comical. lol Something was definitely not right there.