Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Or, Sheldon is an inconsiderate a-hole, who thinks being smart justifies side-stepping social norms like treating people like actual human beings. Sheldon has been fortunate enough that he has been surrounded by people with good hearts that overlook his behavior, but the irony is that is also enabling said behavior. Amy's speech to him was long overdue. Well, I think each of the cast has given him similar speeches throughout the series, its just from HER on THAT night in THAT context finally made it stick.

I don't have a problem with anything...except Raj. He should have gone to London to be with Anu. So he remains the only one un-coupled but goes on wacky [sometimes one-sided] dates (the Sarah Michelle Gellar cameo)? Meh. I'd like to think they're saving him for a spinoff but Lorre said there's no plans for now for future spinoffs.

I think they did the right thing with Raj. It would have been nice had there been a long-term build up to a relationship for him as well seasons ago, but it didn't happen and I think contriving it in the last season would have been a little much. He and Anu just didn't have much in common at the end of the day. Howard's speech in the previous episode was good enough closure to me on Raj's situation, that he would find the right girl in time and he was far from alone as that search continued.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Or, Sheldon is an inconsiderate a-hole, who thinks being smart justifies side-stepping social norms like treating people like actual human beings. Sheldon has been fortunate enough that he has been surrounded by people with good hearts that overlook his behavior, but the irony is that is also enabling said behavior. Amy's speech to him was long overdue. Well, I think each of the cast has given him similar speeches throughout the series, its just from HER on THAT night in THAT context finally made it stick.

I don't have a problem with anything...except Raj. He should have gone to London to be with Anu. So he remains the only one un-coupled but goes on wacky [sometimes one-sided] dates (the Sarah Michelle Gellar cameo)? Meh. I'd like to think they're saving him for a spinoff but Lorre said there's no plans for now for future spinoffs.
    Yeah, I almost feel as though if they had ended the show with a girl friend it would just be so they can end the show with him having a girlfriend. The show would end with the gang plus random girl they threw in with Raj at the very last second.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The sad fact is all the characters grew and changed as the series went on. They all walked into change and grew from that 1st season to folks who had wives and children as we saw. Except Raj and the writers failed him after he broke through in the 6th or 7th season. They really missed the boat with Lucy as a character. That was a sweet storyline and should have had a better pay off. In all of this Raj suffered the most due to lazy writers who basically saw him and thought..."Ok we wanna have Raj be single and do wacky dates still..."

Sheldon without Leonard would have ended up as we saw in this. Alone and caring more about having his chair in a certain spot on the floor.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Retired

It seemed like they were setting up characters a few times to be Raj's permanent partner. But each time they wiffled it. Maybe because the actresses involved didn't want to be on the show as regulars. Or maybe because they were already negotiating with the added on actresses that they had and if they added anymore then it would cost too much.

Not everybody ends up with a partner. Sometimes the best story to tell is how a person learned to be happy with themself and not always looking for another person to make them feel complete. I don't think they succeeded in giving Raj that kind of arc--but they came close. In the end, his purpose as comic relief got in the way of genuine character development.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think Raj did grow though. He went from a total shlub who could not even talk to women to having one of the better dating lives of all the main characters. I mean really Raj had more gf's than any other character on the show. Sure most of them didn't end well, but from going from where he was to the end he grew quite a bit. Plus he got a lot more confident in his work life too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The sad fact is all the characters grew and changed as the series went on.
    Sad? Why do you say that?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Sad? Why do you say that?
    Because a lot of anger towards the show from fans is how the show changed and added the wives and girlfriends. The one audience wanted the series to stay locked in place like it was awhile for the 1st few seasons. Not realizing the show wouldn't have lasted as long had the characters not changed. That without Bernadette and Amy the series wouldn't have had as long a run as we saw.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Because a lot of anger towards the show from fans is how the show changed and added the wives and girlfriends. The one audience wanted the series to stay locked in place like it was awhile for the 1st few seasons. Not realizing the show wouldn't have lasted as long had the characters not changed. That without Bernadette and Amy the series wouldn't have had as long a run as we saw.
    As a self-confessed nerd, I can affirm that BBT is a documentary. Obviously the characters are a bit exaggerated and cartoonish, but generally these aren't unheard of behaviors for people like the original foursome. And one of the beautiful aspects about us nerds is we grow the hell up, live real lives, and start actual relationships. The characters' growth and their adherence to their interests is something I'm actually living.