Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Magneto turning bad AGAIN. Even with the trailer I rolled my eyes and was sick of that.
    Well at least we don't have to worry about Magneto turning against Xavier again, I mean there is no way will that same plot again right?

I really don't get the complaint about magneto it's like complaining about Loki showing up in 5 movies.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I really don't get the complaint about magneto it's like complaining about Loki showing up in 5 movies.
    Yea but Magneto always end up being the bad guy no matter how many heel turns he has. Apoclypse was unique in that his turn is to the good side instead of bad at the end. I like Magento imo hes top 3 comic villains of all time. Use him all u want but I feel like he aint being used well at this point. But yea I dont think he should be excluded from the movies hes too good of a character. Just find something new to do with him. Fassbenders done a good job though

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea but Magneto always end up being the bad guy no matter how many heel turns he has. Apoclypse was unique in that his turn is to the good side instead of bad at the end. I like Magento imo hes top 3 comic villains of all time. Use him all u want but I feel like he aint being used well at this point. But yea I dont think he should be excluded from the movies hes too good of a character. Just find something new to do with him. Fassbenders done a good job though
    Yeah, it's tough cause I like the character and I like the actor. But really, they need to try and use him better as I feel like they're re-telling the same character arc over and over again. Use him, but use him better. He's sort of going in circles.

This is true he does go from hero to villain a lot but that's the way it is in the comics so I guess I'm not bothered as much I do hope they give mags a rest after DP there's lots of other villains they can use.

BANNED

This is true he does go from hero to villain a lot but that's the way it is in the comics so I guess I'm not bothered as much I do hope they give mags a rest after DP there's lots of other villains they can use.
    Yes, but in the comics he has other story arcs too. Apocalypse was a bunch of retread storylines and continued the worst of the retreads - it ignored most of the characters in favor of a select few. That's my biggest worry about Phoenix: Apocalypse gave us zero reason to care about any of these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Yes, but in the comics he has other story arcs too. Apocalypse was a bunch of retread storylines and continued the worst of the retreads - it ignored most of the characters in favor of a select few. That's my biggest worry about Phoenix: Apocalypse gave us zero reason to care about any of these characters.
    I kinda was feeling the same way about civil war at the time.

Mighty Member

I honestly wonder what Marvel will make of the X Men now they have got the rights back?
    They seem to be going the comedy route with all their films now, and although X Men had funny moments overall the stories could be pretty dark.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I honestly wonder what Marvel will make of the X Men now they have got the rights back?
    They seem to be going the comedy route with all their films now, and although X Men had funny moments overall the stories could be pretty dark.
    Black Panther and especially the Thanos centric Avengers movies were not comedies. They had some funny moments but that's just what they were.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Marvel doesn't seem to have a problem mixing comedy with Dark. Even the Infinity War/End Game movies still had a few good laughs in them.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

In the Thor movies Thor is not taking a backseat to Loki. In the X-men movies ALL the X-Men outside of Wolverine take a back seat to Magneto and Mystique. That is why people are sick of him.

People keep pretending that Magneto changes sides. What movies were you watching? He never ever changes his goals or even pretends as if violence isn't the answer. What changes is the X-Men's tolerance of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    In the Thor movies Thor is not taking a backseat to Loki. In the X-men movies ALL the X-Men outside of Wolverine take a back seat to Magneto and Mystique. That is why people are sick of him.
    I wish that they could remake those films without Magneto so everyone could see how flimsy the stories are. He wasn't the weak part of any of these movies.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I wish that they could remake those films without Magneto so everyone could see how flimsy the stories are. He wasn't the weak part of any of these movies.
    Of coarse he wasn't because most of the time he was the focus. Singer and Kinberg always just wanted to do Magneto/Xavier solo films and everything else took a backseat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    In the Thor movies Thor is not taking a backseat to Loki.
    I disagree Loki was kinda the Star at least in the frist 2 Thor movies.