Default Jurassic World animated series announced

https://io9.gizmodo.com/a-jurassic-w...sto-1835234186

According to some reports, it's set at the same time as Jurassic World, with the kids apparently involved in the Indominus breakout and the chain of events from there.

A 90's animated series was considered after the first film, but never materialized, partially due to concerns about violence.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

An animated dinosaur show? About time (yes I know, there've been a couple, but few any good).

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    A 90's animated series was considered after the first film, but never materialized, partially due to concerns about violence.
    Goddamn censors, a little bit of violent television is fine. Better violent cartoons honestly than the violent news, culture needs a release valve.

A major and popular 90's franchise without a cartoon? Let's rectify that .

It'll be interesting to see how the franchises' core concept meshes with animation.

I'm interested in this. Could be fun. Wonder if the realistic animation in the teaser is just for the teaser or a sample of what it'll actually look like.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    [A 90's animated series was considered after the first film, but never materialized, partially due to concerns about violence.
    At least three were in the works that I'm aware of:

- A sequel to the original (pitched before Lost World was planned)

- A Lost World tie-in involving heavily mutated dinosaurs (details here).

- A tie-in to the short-lived Jurassic Park Chaos Effect toy line (a line centered around hybrid dinosaurs years before Jurassic World ran with the idea).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I'm interested in this. Could be fun. Wonder if the realistic animation in the teaser is just for the teaser or a sample of what it'll actually look like.
    Me too. This will work (at least for me) if it is CG. I don't think a traditional looking cartoon of JW is very interesting.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Me too. This will work (at least for me) if it is CG. I don't think a traditional looking cartoon of JW is very interesting.
    I'm the complete opposite, when I first pictured it being 2D I was excited. Then I clicked the link, quickly realized it'd be 3D, and my interest in this dropped to near zero. Sometimes I forget good 2D action cartoons are all dead outside WB's/DC's DTV stuff.

Edit: Feel I should edit this to clarify I'm judging the quality more on the poster with the funny Pixar shaped people rather than the teaser, because no way I believe Netflix is going to have the budget to make an entire cartoon series that looks that realistic. But if the dinos do look that realistic all the time I'll gladly eat my words. Still expect the humans to look stupid though.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 06-05-2019 at 06:26 AM.

best of luck for this project. I guess it's fair to say that nobody is going to die. That's fine. But make it exciting for the target audience.