Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

the dude can act, i have no doubt about it. He has done some excellent performances.

Is he going to be a good Batman? Now that's something i really can't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Couldn't be worse than Bale. Will Jeremy Irons still play alfred?
    I know right. Toby McGuire and Bale were extremely miscast in they're franchises imo. They both have the benefit of being in mostly well made movies. but yea I didnt like Bale as Batman or Wayne at all.

Pattinson could work. Honestly I needs to get shredded not bigger like other people are suggesting. Afflek got way too big and then they put a padded suit on him and when Batman was doing some cool agile things it looked weird cause he was built like a body builder. I like my Batman looking lean and agile. This guys a solid actor I'm willing to wait and see. I hope they go with a suit more like Affleks then Bales. I dont like the overly armored looking suit. Afflek had too much padding but other then that was perfect imo. Especialy the Cowl.

Personnaly i don't mind at all a leaner Batman, more about agility and planing than strenght maybe is the way they are going to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Personnaly i don't mind at all a leaner Batman, more about agility and planing than strenght maybe is the way they are going to go.
    I hope so, Batman moved like Batman in Snyders world. But he was so big it looked a bit off. If they would kept that suit but gone leaner and removed some of the padding it woulda been better. But I get it older DKR batman was built like a **** brick house. So they werent wrong but I think a leaner agile Batman who's super acrobatic will look better on screen.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, I still remember the howls of outrage over Michael Keaton having been cast as Bats three decades ago. If social media existed back in the late 1980's, it would've blown up like a nuke. Can't say I'm thrilled over Mr. Sparkly Vampire donning the cape and cowl, but I'll keep an open mind.
    Agreed. My reaction is negative, but fan opinions of what might fit have proven wrong before.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

The guy is a solid actor, and visually speaking he's got the three generally consistent features of Bruce Wayne. He's a handsome, and reasonably athletic 30-something year old man. I have no complaints.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

who cares? the bat-movies depend on the strength of the villain(s). if they suck, the movie will suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    who cares? the bat-movies depend on the strength of the villain(s). if they suck, the movie will suck.
    Yeah, I do sort of think it doesnt' matter that much who they cast as Batman. Any reasonably good looking dark haired guy who can fake a deep voice will do. At this point we've had everyone from Micheal Keaten to Val Kilmer to Ben Allfick play the character, so you're already all over the place anyways.

"Batman was there, and he was covered in glitter"-Lego Movie 2
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Hmm, I guess. But I am foreseeing the movie-makers deciding that he needs more facetime as Batman, so we'll get him removing his mask alot or having it get strategically ripped to show off his mug.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Cosmopolis, The Lost City of Z, The Rover, and I've heard good things about High Life, etc. People judging his acting solely by Twilight are REALLY not getting the bigger picture. Heck he was good in the fourth Harry Potter film as well.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Hmm, I guess. But I am foreseeing the movie-makers deciding that he needs more facetime as Batman, so we'll get him removing his mask alot or having it get strategically ripped to show off his mug.
    That's what it looks like, but I honestly don't want that. I want a comicbook Batman movie, we already saw this with nolan.
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 05-17-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, I still remember the howls of outrage over Michael Keaton having been cast as Bats three decades ago. If social media existed back in the late 1980's, it would've blown up like a nuke. Can't say I'm thrilled over Mr. Sparkly Vampire donning the cape and cowl, but I'll keep an open mind.
    They had an article about Keaton's casting in the Wall Street Journal, on the front page. I think that is the equivalent of social media blowing up in the 80's.

I'll give him a shot. There is a history of controversial casting choices turning out to be really good. And at the very least, he can't be any worse than Clooney.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Now that you say that... it might be an interesting take if the movie wasn't a prequel, and that it takes place post Justice League, with Bruce retiring and Dick Grayson stepping up as Batman. I could see Pattinson playing Dick as a leaner, faster Batman.

BANNED

Seems like a bad fit to me. However, I will give it a chance.