Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Default Robert Pattinson cast as Batman

...in Matt Reeves new movie.

It's going to be interesting, regardless good or bad.

I'm willing to give him a shot. I've only ever seen him in Twilight and I don't remember him being bad in that.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

BANNED

I feel like this is probably the best "on paper" Batman casting we've ever had. Pattinson is a great actor with a great Wayne look. He makes fun of the Twilight stuff more than audiences do, so using that against him wouldn't make sense. Can't wait to see this.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Honestly, this is really good casting. He got the brooding thing down in Twilight and the actual acting thing down in his very interesting film choices.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

He just doesn't look the part to me.

Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

There seems to be a history of controversial casting choices for Batman.

And here we are once again!

I can't say for sure how good an actor Pattinson is since I've never actually seen him in a movie, but I just don't like Pattinson's look. It's to the point where it's distracting to me.

Pattinson couldn't be the choice because of his age because Armie Hammer is a few months younger and would be a MUCH better choice for Batman to me.

According to the Variety article, the deal isn't finalized, but unfortunately, it probably will be if it's been leaked. Are we gonna get Taylor Lautner as Robin?

I just hope Pattinson proves me wrong, but this is really the first casting I'm dreading. Keaton was very iffy for me back in 1989, but a Batman movie wasn't a big deal back then. Batman only became a big deal after the movie was released and became such a worldwide hit. These days, a Batman movie has a lot riding on it, and Warners really can't afford to mess it up.

If I hadn't seen Good Time and only saw him in Twilight I think I'd be. Othered but he was really good in That movie. I'll definetly give him the benefit of the doubt and see what happens. Wonder if he auditioned or if Reeves just knew that's the guy I want as batman

Extraordinary Member

He needs to put on a **** ton of muscle. But yeah he could definitley pull it off. Twilight is going to skew opinion on him, but he's a very good actor and has a great look for the part. He just needs to look like he could kick someones ass.

However lets be real, nobody saw Michael Keaton as Batman either and that was far more outlandish imo when it happened

Sparkly Batman was already in Lego Movie 2.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

I think it’s a good choice. Batman under the mask is an easier part to play. You cast Bruce Wayne and I think he’s a great choice for it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

I can't say for sure how good an actor Pattinson is since I've never actually seen him in a movie, but I just don't like Pattinson's look. It's to the point where it's distracting to me.

Pattinson couldn't be the choice because of his age because Armie Hammer is a few months younger and would be a MUCH better choice for Batman to me.

According to the Variety article, the deal isn't finalized, but unfortunately, it probably will be if it's been leaked. Are we gonna get Taylor Lautner as Robin?

I just hope Pattinson proves me wrong, but this is really the first casting I'm dreading. Keaton was very iffy for me back in 1989, but a Batman movie wasn't a big deal back then. Batman only became a big deal after the movie was released and became such a worldwide hit. These days, a Batman movie has a lot riding on it, and Warners really can't afford to mess it up.
    I agree with you completely. I don't have a lot of confidence in him, because he sucked in the Twilight movies. I know he was younger and those movies were crap, but the thing is, even if he's a better character actor now (with the dark, arthouse stuff he's done lately), that to me is NO indication that he'll make a good Batman/Bruce Wayne. Honestly, I would have thought Christian Bale would have done better than he ended up doing. He was certainly no definitive Batman, imo. He was fine, but lots of other actors could have done the same thing, I don't think he brought anything particularly special to it in the end.

I actually think inherent movie star charisma might be a little more important with this character. And I don't know if Pattinson has that to be honest. I can imagine him being quite stiff as Bruce.

Couldn't be worse than Bale. Will Jeremy Irons still play alfred?
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

Yeah, I still remember the howls of outrage over Michael Keaton having been cast as Bats three decades ago. If social media existed back in the late 1980's, it would've blown up like a nuke. Can't say I'm thrilled over Mr. Sparkly Vampire donning the cape and cowl, but I'll keep an open mind.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!