Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I am invoking the Heath Ledger Rule: Just shut and wait with no opinion. If the guy from "Knight's Tale"" "Brokeback mountain" and "10 things I hate about you" can be maybe the best Joker on screen and fans scream universal pretty much hated before seeing the movie. It is worth giving them the benefit of doubt for seeing something you don't see. It is a process they let the actors read scripts,screen test and audition for a part this big.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am invoking the Heath Ledger Rule: Just shut and wait with no opinion. If the guy from "Knight's Tale"" "Brokeback mountain" and "10 things I hate about you" can be maybe the best Joker on screen and fans scream universal pretty much hated before seeing the movie. It is worth giving them the benefit of doubt for seeing something you don't see. It is a process they let the actors read scripts,screen test and audition for a part this big.
    ^This^

An actor doing a couple of bad movies doesn't necessarily mean they, themselves, are bad at their job. People freaked over Affleck too but he ended up being one of the few good things about the DCEU.

People screamed bloody murder at Snyder for casting Affleck, and he played my favorite version of Batman and Bruce Wayne ever, and I know I'm not the only one thinking that his performance was great. Pattinson may seems too young, but it can work, especially if The Batman is more detective stuff than punching in the face stuff.

I'm pretty hyped. Pattinson has done so much good work since the Twilight films. (The first one isn't even that bad. ) Go see Good Time if you haven't already.

Once he goes through the Hollywood superhero training regiment he'll have the build for it. Compare how Zachary Levi looked in Chuck compared to Captain Marvel (Shazam!) and you would never think he could be a physically big superhero.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Pattison is actually a good actor. I find it hilarious that some folks are hating on him simply because he was in the Twilight movies. Pattison didn't like the Twilight films either and vocally trashed them when he was starring in them.

I've seen Pattison in Life, The Rover, Cosmopolis, The Lost City Of Z and Good Time. He was solid in all those films.

Armie Hammer is not a strong actor. Free Fire is the only time I've liked a performance of his.
    Last edited by chamber-music; 05-17-2019 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Pattison is actually a good actor. I find it hilarious that some folks are hating on him simply because he was in the Twilight movies. Pattison didn't like the Twilight films either and vocally trashed them when he was starring in them.

I've seen Pattison in Life, The Rover, Cosmopolis, The Lost City Of Z and Good Time. He was solid in all those films.

Armie Hammer is not a strong actor. Free Fire is the only time I've liked a performance of his.
    People keep going "Armie hammer" whilst somehow ignoring his endless stream of mediocrity. The only good thing he did was Man from Uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    People keep going "Armie hammer" whilst somehow ignoring his endless stream of mediocrity. The only good thing he did was Man from Uncle.
    And Call Me By My Name, Free Fire, and Social Network. He has some other great smaller roles as well. He would make a great superhero so I see why everyone wants him for it.

I'm very excited for Pattison as Batman.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

This is the first time I'm even hearing about him. Never saw a single Twilight movie. I'll reserve judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Bale was not as pretty at 31,

But my point is that means we gotta wait 5 to 10 years before character like batgirl and nightwing can ever join in
    And I am amazingly okay with that. I know I'm in the minority here, but I prefer Batman over the Batfamily, so I'd rather they cast with the intention of doing a better Bruce Wayne/Batman than worry about casting to try and get the whole Batfam out there quickly.

As for the casting of Pattinson...eh, I don't know what to think. I mean, I wasn't a fan of Twilight, and he doesn't look the part to me...but Twilight was a long time ago, and a lot of actors who didn't look the role turned out to be incredible Batmen, so it's kinda up in the air. Just wait and see I guess.

LOL

I give up. The superhero comic industry is so F-ed three ways to Sunday that it's not worth saving at this point. LOL

It is truly time for a new breed to rise up and make their own superhero comics/movies/tv shows. Because this right here truly is the ENDGAME.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    And I am amazingly okay with that. I know I'm in the minority here, but I prefer Batman over the Batfamily, so I'd rather they cast with the intention of doing a better Bruce Wayne/Batman than worry about casting to try and get the whole Batfam out there quickly.

As for the casting of Pattinson...eh, I don't know what to think. I mean, I wasn't a fan of Twilight, and he doesn't look the part to me...but Twilight was a long time ago, and a lot of actors who didn't look the role turned out to be incredible Batmen, so it's kinda up in the air. Just wait and see I guess.
    Never mind that there is absolutely no telling if they are planning on doing this for more than a single film.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    ^This^

An actor doing a couple of bad movies doesn't necessarily mean they, themselves, are bad at their job. People freaked over Affleck too but he ended up being one of the few good things about the DCEU.
    Think about Phoenix and the upcoming "Joker" film.

Set aside whatever you think that you know.

Once you see what the film will actually be, then you can ask yourself if you think that the actor fits into what they are trying to do.

I got to stop you there and throw out the Jesse Eisenberg Rule: Sometimes obvious bad casting is just bad casting. The guy most people thought didn't fit their image of Lex, gave s possibly the worst onscreen Lex to date and that's saying something!

Not saying that this guy is an obvious bad choice to play Batman, because heck if I know, just saying that using "Heath Ledger" as a go to defense on casting doesn't really work anymore. Controversial casting for a role isn't some sign guaranteeing success. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Never mind that there is absolutely no telling if they are planning on doing this for more than a single film.
    This is true. If they are really trying to make their films more separate we could always get a different Batman with a different actor in a different continuity from one film to the next. It works in their animated Batman stuff. And even if he does play Batman in several movies, we could still have a separate film series with an older actor and the rest of the Batfamily, there's just no telling anymore. So yeah, focus on getting the right actor for the story the director wants to tell, rather than the actor that might build the world up to the point and characters you want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I got to stop you there and throw out the Jesse Eisenberg Rule: Sometimes obvious bad casting is just bad casting. The guy most people thought didn't fit their image of Lex, gave s possibly the worst onscreen Lex to date and that's saying something!

Not saying that this guy is an obvious bad choice to play Batman, because heck if I know, just saying that using "Heath Ledger" as a go to defense on casting doesn't really work anymore. Controversial casting for a role isn't some sign guaranteeing success. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    Exactly! I saw those initial pics of Eisenberg as Luthor and thought "bad casting"! Not that he's a bad actor, but he was not right for that role. Same for Pattinson. He is too "dirty" looking to me. There's something "mousy" about the guy... no amount of body-building would ever make him look like a viable Bruce Wayne or Batman. His acting ability for me is only what I witnessed in Twilight (which to me is some of the worst acting ever put on film..absolute dreck!). I'm willing to concede that maybe he has acting ability (as others have mentioned his indie work) but I can't speak first hand of that.

All I know is.... there's nothing about this guy that looks even close to what they should be considering for a Bruce/Bats actor. Horrible choice!!