Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I'm more concerned about the Bat-suit(s) and villain looks. I want to see some really comic book like suits dammit. BVS was the best but I know they can do even better.
    I think we'll get a slimmer Batsuit that has the comic-accuracy and movement of Affleck's suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we'll get a slimmer Batsuit that has the comic-accuracy and movement of Affleck's suit.
    Yellow shield logo or no yellow shield? Trunks or no-trunks? Take your bets!
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I want Neal Adams Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I want Neal Adams Batman.

I want this look so badly.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I'm more concerned about the Bat-suit(s) and villain looks. I want to see some really comic book like suits dammit. BVS was the best but I know they can do even better.
    I have to disagree, especially if you mean they should add the trunks. I think BvS/Batfleck was the perfect compromise between comics accuracy and the needs for live action. What works on a flat page doesn't necessarily do so for real life 3 dimensional space.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I have to disagree, especially if you mean they should add the trunks. I think BvS/Batfleck was the perfect compromise between comics accuracy and the needs for live action. What works on a flat page doesn't necessarily do so for real life 3 dimensional space.
    Didn't say they needed trunks but I would like to see them. I was more referring to adding some color and making things feel other worldly/comic book like with Batman. I've seen enough cosplay and crappy fan films to know that anything can be done in live action. Costumes work if you have a good costuming department, lighting does their job and the camera is framed properly. It's 2019, anything can work on film.

Yellow shield logo or no yellow shield? Trunks or no-trunks? Take your bets!
    I'm not expecting the yellow shield or the trunks.

Mostly I'm expecting a live-action version of the Beware the Batman suit.

I agree indeed they can do better. I hope we get villains on screen we haven't seen before like Mad Hatter, Clayface or the Ventriloquist.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Didn't say they needed trunks but I would like to see them. I was more referring to adding some color and making things feel other worldly/comic book like with Batman. I've seen enough cosplay and crappy fan films to know that anything can be done in live action. Costumes work if you have a good costuming department, lighting does their job and the camera is framed properly. It's 2019, anything can work on film.
    I don't get this, adding what color? Batman's costume doesn't really pop with color. Pretty much it's black and gray, which we got now, sometimes with the occasional yellow oval, which we had in the first two films, and that's pretty much it for Batman. Oh, occasionally the cape and cowl is blue instead of black, but I don't think that'll fit with the tone of the movies so well, plus I prefer the black over the blue personally (and even then that's just a lateral move instead of more or less accurate). Really, I don't see how they can make Batman more comics accurate regarding color, he kinda already looks like he walked off the page at this point, doesn't he?
    Last edited by Vakanai; 05-24-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not expecting the yellow shield or the trunks.

Mostly I'm expecting a live-action version of the Beware the Batman suit.
    Not a bad design.

I don't get this, adding what color? Batman's costume doesn't really pop with color. Pretty much it's black and gray, which we got now, sometimes with the occasional yellow oval, which we had in the first two films, and that's pretty much it for Batman. Oh, occasionally the cape and cowl is blue instead of black, but I don't think that'll fit with the tone of the movies so well, plus I prefer the black over the blue personally (and even then that's just a lateral move instead of more or less accurate). Really, I don't see how they can make Batman more comics accurate regarding color, he kinda already looks like he walked off the page at this point, doesn't he?
    You don't understand color balance? Can't help you there, like I said initially I liked the Affleck suit, that's been done now. Let's see something different and creative.

You don't understand color balance? Can't help you there, like I said initially I liked the Affleck suit, that's been done now. Let's see something different and creative.
    I understand color balance fine thank you, I don't see what the current/recent films are missing in color balance. The colors between Batman comics and Batman films are seemingly done in the same proportion, areas, etc, so how can the color balance be different between the two?

I understand color balance fine thank you, I don't see what the current/recent films are missing in color balance. The colors between Batman comics and Batman films are seemingly done in the same proportion, areas, etc, so how can the color balance be different between the two?
    I never said the films themselves are missing anything. I said I want something more comic book like and colorful for the next Batman. I stated an opinion and hope for the next movie. What are you trying to say?

I never said the films themselves are missing anything. I said I want something more comic book like and colorful for the next Batman. I stated an opinion and hope for the next movie. What are you trying to say?
    Just trying to understand how the Batman costume could be any more comic book like than it already is? Wasn't picking a fight, was just trying to understand what you thought the difference was between what we got last time vs what we usually get in the comics. I thought the costume was as accurate as you can get, so was curious by what you mean by wanting it more accurate.

Just trying to understand how the Batman costume could be any more comic book like than it already is? Wasn't picking a fight, was just trying to understand what you thought the difference was between what we got last time vs what we usually get in the comics. I thought the costume was as accurate as you can get, so was curious by what you mean by wanting it more accurate.
    Well if we look back to the original post I was referencing not only Batman's look but also villains too. I want something like the Rocketeer meets Dick Tracy, outlandish and theatrical while being colorful and fun. I don't want a Deadshot that never wears his mask or a tatted Joker with a grill. I want a gothic Gotham filled with neon and rain. I want atmosphere coming from the city, the villains, and Batman.

On the topic of Batman himself, BVS was it's own thing. It had elements from other comic suits but I want to see a direct rip like the O'Neil suit or something. Some blue and grey or an all Black suit. The BVS one is nice but I don't want another suit like it. It was a lot of grey that kinda got boring after awhile, it still felt grounded in reality and I don't want that. Ideally I would hope they do something similar like the MCU did with Cap and Iron Man. Each movie had a different suit, some more unique and different than others but still kept the same kind of aesthetic to it.