Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    How you gonna put Jason in the sequel when Grayson's never got his shot?
    Give Dick a solo film in-between or put him in the sequel, put Jason in the threequel.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Tim gained traction in BTAS, and thanks to Under the Red Hood, more and more people have been finding out about Jason (and Young Justice has helped out as well).
    Thats from the 90s how would that give him any traction today. Young Justice made him into bg character for the most part

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Thats from the 90s how would that give him any traction today. Young Justice made him into bg character for the most part
    Because BTAS is still quite a popular series.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Give Dick a solo film in-between or put him in the sequel, put Jason in the threequel.
    Meh, feels like cramming way too much in too fast. Give Dick a solo? So, what, we skip hid Robin and go straight to Nightwing after just introducing a new, younger Batman? Or that this new Batman goes through one Robin per movie?
    Blegh, feels like why bother? Doesn't seem like you'd get worthwhile depictions of them, or the time or storytelling to give a damn about them. Like doing The Death of Superman story in the DCEU's second movie, you rush things and nobody will care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Meh, feels like cramming way too much in too fast. Give Dick a solo? So, what, we skip hid Robin and go straight to Nightwing after just introducing a new, younger Batman? Or that this new Batman goes through one Robin per movie?
    Blegh, feels like why bother? Doesn't seem like you'd get worthwhile depictions of them, or the time or storytelling to give a damn about them. Like doing The Death of Superman story in the DCEU's second movie, you rush things and nobody will care about it.
    I feel that my post from Dick's casting thread would fit here:

The only somewhat official statement was from McKay about it being pushed back until they sorted out the Batman situation. I have no doubt in my mind that Nightwing is a priority for the films even if he isn't in the comics at the moment. Dick is prime DCEU real-estate if DC/WB plays their cards right. They could have a Bucky that can become a mix of Iron Man, Cap, and Spidey. Cast young pull a Harry Potter you have a couple Batman & Robin movies, a Nightwing movie, a couple Titans movies, maybe do a Batman Nightwing team-up to pass the mantle all the while the universe is progressing to the point we see DickBats lead the JL.

Hell Marvel is totally doing this with Spidey and Iron Man but it fits so much better with Batman and Robin. I really hope they go for it and can pull it off.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I wanna see him fight Man-bat.

Incredible Member

Honestly, the more I think about this, the more I’m ok with it. I’ll give him a chance. Let’s see what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I wanna see him fight Man-bat.
    Seeing an On Leather Wings style movie or even just a few scenes would be iconic in live-action.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

If you believe "El Maybe", Pattinson and Hoult are screen testing for BATMAN this week.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/05/30/...ng-the-batman/

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I feel that my post from Dick's casting thread would fit here:

The only somewhat official statement was from McKay about it being pushed back until they sorted out the Batman situation. I have no doubt in my mind that Nightwing is a priority for the films even if he isn't in the comics at the moment. Dick is prime DCEU real-estate if DC/WB plays their cards right. They could have a Bucky that can become a mix of Iron Man, Cap, and Spidey. Cast young pull a Harry Potter you have a couple Batman & Robin movies, a Nightwing movie, a couple Titans movies, maybe do a Batman Nightwing team-up to pass the mantle all the while the universe is progressing to the point we see DickBats lead the JL.

Hell Marvel is totally doing this with Spidey and Iron Man but it fits so much better with Batman and Robin. I really hope they go for it and can pull it off.
    Question Would WB really be interested in a nightwing solo? I say this because a batman in gotham and a nightwing in bludhaven movie would be so similar in concept that WB would just go with batman and nightwing will just be his side character just like the animated movie and games.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Question Would WB really be interested in a nightwing solo? I say this because a batman in gotham and a nightwing in bludhaven movie would be so similar in concept that WB would just go with batman and nightwing will just be his side character just like the animated movie and games.
    They picked a director for it, Chris McKay who did the Lego Batman movie. I don't know if he's still attached since they pushed the Nightwing movie to the backburner until they sorted out Batman which is what this thread is about. Nightwing talks will probably pick back up in a couple years or so I think, not saying that's when we'll get the movie just that talk for it will probably be back in full swing.

This is the last real update about the film that I can find from the end of last year: https://www.slashfilm.com/nightwing-movie-update/

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    If you believe "El Maybe", Pattinson and Hoult are screen testing for BATMAN this week.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/05/30/...ng-the-batman/
    Newsarama joked about using the runner up as Hush which i think could work.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-31-2019 at 05:24 AM.

Apparently, the deal is signed : https://www.cbr.com/robert-pattinson...ner-bros-deal/

I can't wait to see the Batsuit now.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

So is this film gonna be in continuity now or it's own thing?
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    So is this film gonna be in continuity now or it's own thing?
    We don't know yet. It's a prequel, probably an origin, but in continuity with the DCEU? Who knows.