Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Robert Pattinson is closing deal to play the new live-action Batman

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

Sources tell Variety that Robert Pattinson is in negotiations to play “The Batman” in Matt Reeves’ forthcoming superhero film, which hits theaters June 25, 2021.

While sources say it’s not yet a done deal, Pattinson is the top choice and it’s expected to close shortly. Warner Bros. had no comment.

Pre-production on the Warner Bros.-DC Comics pic is expected to start this summer.

Reeves, the filmmaker behind the last two “Planet of the Apes” sequels, assumed “Batman” directing duties from Ben Affleck in January 2017 and has been developing the elusive project ever since. Affleck and Warner Bros. began discussing the actor-director leaving the Caped Crusader behind following “Justice League,” allowing Reeves to pick his own Bruce Wayne.

Reeves will produce “The Batman” with his “Planet of the Apes” collaborator Dylan Clark.

Pattinson was cast even as Reeves continues to polish a final version of the script.

A former “Twilight” heartthrob who has successfully turned to arthouse fare, Pattinson, 32, becomes the youngest actor to ever play Batman on the big screen.

No official start date has been set for “The Batman.” Insiders tell Variety filming could start in late 2019 or early 2020.

Thoughts on this? I think on paper he is one of the best choices I've seen so far (even though I was fully behind Batfleck and he will always be my favorite) , with the look and acting chops to take it on. I'm just curious at what stage in Bruce's life this will take place. We know it's early, but is it year one early? Is a Bat-family involved? Excited for the movie nonetheless

Extraordinary Member

He so young.................

Batgirl and nightwing Robin possibility diminish

I wanted his costar from twiilight to Play nightwing Taylor Lautner

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He so young.................

Batgirl and nightwing Robin possibility diminish

I wanted his costar from twiilight to Play nightwing Taylor Lautner
    He's 33.

Keaton was 38.

Bale was 31.

Affleck skews it because he was playing a much older Batman.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    He's 33.

Keaton was 38.

Bale was 31.

Affleck skews it because he was playing a much older Batman.
    Bale was not as pretty at 31,

But my point is that means we gotta wait 5 to 10 years before character like batgirl and nightwing can ever join in

I don't think we'd have to wait that long for Batgirl. They could probably age a newbie Babs down to like 14-16 and it'd still work. As for Nightwing....yeah we won't probably won't be getting that anytime soon. Most we can hope for right now is Dick as Robin.

LOL

I give up. The superhero comic industry is so F-ed three ways to Sunday that it's not worth saving at this point. LOL

It is truly time for a new breed to rise up and make their own superhero comics/movies/tv shows. Because this right here truly is the ENDGAME.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Twilight.. Now I understand why I was thinking.. I saw him and I heard this name before..

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    I only known him for trash talking the franchise that made him rich and famous. Looking at him, he has an unimpressive chin
    I am not really happy for this.. I prefer even TOM HARDY(BANE) as our Batman..
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-17-2019 at 06:23 AM.

Spectacular Member AzraelOnline's Avatar

I don't think this is going to happen. They'll most likely go with the other guy, and here's why. We don't live in the internet age of 20 years ago. If we did, Pattinson would be cast and that would be it. People would have to live with it. But look at what happened to the Sonic the Hedgehog movie, all the complainers made their voices loud enough to the point that they made changes. Everyone I know thought the character looked fine and the trailer was enjoyable. But because it didn't look like EXACTLY what fans wanted, they complained and made a change. I think enough people will complain about this and it will cost Pattinson the role, and that really is a shame that that's the kind of world we live in.
    Azrael Online - The Source for all things Azrael

I am invoking the Heath Ledger Rule: Just shut and wait with no opinion. If the guy from "Knight's Tale"" "Brokeback mountain" and "10 things I hate about you" can be maybe the best Joker on screen and fans scream universal pretty much hated before seeing the movie. It is worth giving them the benefit of doubt for seeing something you don't see. It is a process they let the actors read scripts,screen test and audition for a part this big.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am invoking the Heath Ledger Rule: Just shut and wait with no opinion. If the guy from "Knight's Tale"" "Brokeback mountain" and "10 things I hate about you" can be maybe the best Joker on screen and fans scream universal pretty much hated before seeing the movie. It is worth giving them the benefit of doubt for seeing something you don't see. It is a process they let the actors read scripts,screen test and audition for a part this big.
    ^This^

An actor doing a couple of bad movies doesn't necessarily mean they, themselves, are bad at their job. People freaked over Affleck too but he ended up being one of the few good things about the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    ^This^

An actor doing a couple of bad movies doesn't necessarily mean they, themselves, are bad at their job. People freaked over Affleck too but he ended up being one of the few good things about the DCEU.
    Think about Phoenix and the upcoming "Joker" film.

Set aside whatever you think that you know.

Once you see what the film will actually be, then you can ask yourself if you think that the actor fits into what they are trying to do.

I got to stop you there and throw out the Jesse Eisenberg Rule: Sometimes obvious bad casting is just bad casting. The guy most people thought didn't fit their image of Lex, gave s possibly the worst onscreen Lex to date and that's saying something!

Not saying that this guy is an obvious bad choice to play Batman, because heck if I know, just saying that using "Heath Ledger" as a go to defense on casting doesn't really work anymore. Controversial casting for a role isn't some sign guaranteeing success. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Bale was not as pretty at 31,

But my point is that means we gotta wait 5 to 10 years before character like batgirl and nightwing can ever join in
    And I am amazingly okay with that. I know I'm in the minority here, but I prefer Batman over the Batfamily, so I'd rather they cast with the intention of doing a better Bruce Wayne/Batman than worry about casting to try and get the whole Batfam out there quickly.

As for the casting of Pattinson...eh, I don't know what to think. I mean, I wasn't a fan of Twilight, and he doesn't look the part to me...but Twilight was a long time ago, and a lot of actors who didn't look the role turned out to be incredible Batmen, so it's kinda up in the air. Just wait and see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    And I am amazingly okay with that. I know I'm in the minority here, but I prefer Batman over the Batfamily, so I'd rather they cast with the intention of doing a better Bruce Wayne/Batman than worry about casting to try and get the whole Batfam out there quickly.

As for the casting of Pattinson...eh, I don't know what to think. I mean, I wasn't a fan of Twilight, and he doesn't look the part to me...but Twilight was a long time ago, and a lot of actors who didn't look the role turned out to be incredible Batmen, so it's kinda up in the air. Just wait and see I guess.
    Never mind that there is absolutely no telling if they are planning on doing this for more than a single film.

I only known him for trash talking the franchise that made him rich and famous. Looking at him, he has an unimpressive chin