Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Robert Pattinson is closing deal to play the new live-action Batman

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

Sources tell Variety that Robert Pattinson is in negotiations to play “The Batman” in Matt Reeves’ forthcoming superhero film, which hits theaters June 25, 2021.

While sources say it’s not yet a done deal, Pattinson is the top choice and it’s expected to close shortly. Warner Bros. had no comment.

Pre-production on the Warner Bros.-DC Comics pic is expected to start this summer.

Reeves, the filmmaker behind the last two “Planet of the Apes” sequels, assumed “Batman” directing duties from Ben Affleck in January 2017 and has been developing the elusive project ever since. Affleck and Warner Bros. began discussing the actor-director leaving the Caped Crusader behind following “Justice League,” allowing Reeves to pick his own Bruce Wayne.

Reeves will produce “The Batman” with his “Planet of the Apes” collaborator Dylan Clark.

Pattinson was cast even as Reeves continues to polish a final version of the script.

A former “Twilight” heartthrob who has successfully turned to arthouse fare, Pattinson, 32, becomes the youngest actor to ever play Batman on the big screen.

No official start date has been set for “The Batman.” Insiders tell Variety filming could start in late 2019 or early 2020.

Thoughts on this? I think on paper he is one of the best choices I've seen so far (even though I was fully behind Batfleck and he will always be my favorite) , with the look and acting chops to take it on. I'm just curious at what stage in Bruce's life this will take place. We know it's early, but is it year one early? Is a Bat-family involved? Excited for the movie nonetheless

Extraordinary Member

He so young.................

Batgirl and nightwing Robin possibility diminish

I wanted his costar from twiilight to Play nightwing Taylor Lautner

I only known him for trash talking the franchise that made him rich and famous. Looking at him, he has an unimpressive chin

I wonder if he'll sparkle in this one too.

I'm trying not to find this funny in some way .

Although in all seriousness I'm willing to give Pattinson a shot even if he doesn't strike me as the Batman-type.

Incredible Member

I don't think he has the right kind of chin. He's also too skinny.

I can't speak to his acting. He was bad in the Twilight movies, but I haven't seen the arthouse stuff he's done. I know he's 32, but he looks too young, imo. He has a baby face. Armie Hammer is young but looks more mature.

Not happy with it.

I'm very pleased. He's a really capable actor and between this and the new Nolan movie, I'm glad he's going back to mainstream fair

All-New Member

This is a no from me. I would prefer Armie Hammer. Pattinson is tainted by Twilight to be taken seriously as Batman. Honestly do we need another Batman movie? Batman has been done so often there is nothing new to say about the character. Plus Warner Bros have had their pants pulled down by Marvel and the Superhero movies are pretty much the same as the others.

I think Warner’s should walk away from superhero movies, theirs have been rubbish since MOS and frankly embarrassing for the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalcon72 View Post
    This is a no from me. I would prefer Armie Hammer. Pattinson is tainted by Twilight to be taken seriously as Batman. Honestly do we need another Batman movie? Batman has been done so often there is nothing new to say about the character. Plus Warner Bros have had their pants pulled down by Marvel and the Superhero movies are pretty much the same as the others.

I think Warner’s should walk away from superhero movies, theirs have been rubbish since MOS and frankly embarrassing for the characters.
    Hammer is a **** actor. Timothy was running circles around him in 'Call Me By Your Name'. I'm glad they ignored fancasting in this case and didn't pick him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalcon72 View Post

I respectfully disagree. DC has loads of material and is a thriving property. While many like you think they are rubbish there is a massive fanbase attached to all of those movies and fans of the comics themselves keeping them alive. I think Pattinson has greatly matured and refined himself as an actor and I've been surprised by many many casting decisions before. I personally have loved most of WB's casting for all of the DC movies, while not always enjoying the characterizations of said characters or the narratives they're a part of. I am willing to give WB a chance mainly because I supported the DCEU from the start and haven't had many problems with the films, but there are so many who have vocally hated some of the films while also counting other ones among their all-time favorites. The point of it all is to do all different sorts of movies that different people can enjoy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I respectfully disagree. DC has loads of material and is a thriving property. While many like you think they are rubbish there is a massive fanbase attached to all of those movies and fans of the comics themselves keeping them alive. I think Pattinson has greatly matured and refined himself as an actor and I've been surprised by many many casting decisions before. I personally have loved most of WB's casting for all of the DC movies, while not always enjoying the characterizations of said characters or the narratives they're a part of. I am willing to give WB a chance mainly because I supported the DCEU from the start and haven't had many problems with the films, but there are so many who have vocally hated some of the films while also counting other ones among their all-time favorites. The point of it all is to do all different sorts of movies that different people can enjoy.
    I think since they've given up on connecting all the movies to each other and are now going for standalones and allowing directors a bit more creative freedom, there is some chance that the individual films can turn out well (like Wonder Woman or Shazam). They can now get away from the disasters of BvS, Suicide Squad, JL, etc.

Hopefully this will be more like that.

Apparently this is supposed to be a trilogy. I just wanted to say if anybody watches Killing Eve, I think Jodie Comer would be an amazing Selina Kyle/Catwoman- so if they decide to introduce her in at some point, I hope she's in the running.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He so young.................

Batgirl and nightwing Robin possibility diminish

I wanted his costar from twiilight to Play nightwing Taylor Lautner
    He's 33.

Keaton was 38.

Bale was 31.

Affleck skews it because he was playing a much older Batman.

I'm cool with this. The guy's a good actor and he looks like he could be a young Bruce Wayne. Not gonna hold Twilight against him since those movies made everyone look awful. Besides, he's far from the only Batman actor to have an embarrassing role beforehand. For fucks sake, Christian Bale was in Newsies XD.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    He's 33.

Keaton was 38.

Bale was 31.

Affleck skews it because he was playing a much older Batman.
    Bale was not as pretty at 31,

But my point is that means we gotta wait 5 to 10 years before character like batgirl and nightwing can ever join in

I don't think we'd have to wait that long for Batgirl. They could probably age a newbie Babs down to like 14-16 and it'd still work. As for Nightwing....yeah we won't probably won't be getting that anytime soon. Most we can hope for right now is Dick as Robin.