Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    So is this film gonna be in continuity now or it's own thing?
    I don't think the DCEU continuity, as it previously existed, is gonna be a thing anymore.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Best of luck to him. I hope the movies good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I don't think the DCEU continuity, as it previously existed, is gonna be a thing anymore.
    Only the Snyder movies were "in continuity." There was never an intended storyline or continuity for all the movies to follow so this one follows the same mold

BANNED

Excited to see PatBat !!!!

I feel like we'll have a loose continuity for most of these movies going forward. Like maybe there is a JL or Superman running around but they'll just be relegated to references unless the directors want a team-up or cameo or something like they did with Shazam.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

My wishlist for these characters:

Alfred- Hugh Laurie
    Catwoman- Jodie Comer
    Gordon- Bryan Cranston

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This has been posted on other threads and I have no idea how true it is. But it sounds like this is the beginning of a whole new movie universe:

https://twitter.com/markhughesfilms/...69791526539266

Make of that what you will.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    This has been posted on other threads and I have no idea how true it is. But it sounds like this is the beginning of a whole new movie universe:

https://twitter.com/markhughesfilms/...69791526539266

Make of that what you will.
    Eh calling BS for now. People are still obsessed with everything being part of a connected universe, so they will never ever let it go no matter how many times WB says "we don't want to do that." these people will just not be convinced. We will see though

How the casting went down.

“It was quick,” says one Warners insider. “Quicker than normal.”

Reeves, who was hired to write and direct a new Batman movie in February 2017, was envisioning actors while penning the script, according to sources familiar with the filmmaker’s thinking. It helped that this new Batman needed to conform to a defined age bracket. He is written as around 30 years old, and the story is neither another rehashing of his origin nor the tale of a seasoned crimefighter ruling Gotham City. He is Bruce Wayne still trying to find his footing on his way to becoming the genius detective.

This, of course, eliminated Ben Affleck, as THR first reported back in July 2017. (Affleck and Warner Bros. denied the recasting at the time because the actor, who had played the role in Batman v Superman and Justice League, was to have headlined his own stand-alone movie that was sidelined when the studio began rethinking its superhero strategy.)
    Reeves is said to have considered Pattinson, 33, early on in the process, says one source, even though no outreach was made. Reeves didn’t even know if the actor wanted the part. Since Pattinson shot to fame as a heartthrob vampire in the Twilight films, he has built a solid résumé in smaller, well-reviewed independent films like Good Time and Maps to the Stars. He has assiduously avoided big studio franchise films.

But that fact actually made him more attractive to Reeves and the executive team at Warner Bros. Specifically, Pattinson has not yet appeared in a Marvel Studios movie, and name-brand actors not working for the DC Comics rival are becoming few and far between. While there are no contract provisions prohibiting Marvel actors from appearing in DC/Warner Bros. movies and vice versa, execs believe that cross-pollination dilutes both brands and can cause confusion for audiences, especially from a marketing point of view.

Nicholas Hoult, 29, who became Pattinson’s chief rival later in the process, had been appearing as Hank McCoy, aka the Beast, in the X-Men movies. But Warners execs didn’t disqualify him because the X-Men flicks are not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, are ensemble in nature and Hoult spent large chunks of those movies unrecognizable as a furry blue mutant.

Reeves is said to have spent hours poring over the two actors’ work and met with them in April. Pattinson has far more name recognition than Hoult, but it was his work in Good Time and High Life, among others, that Reeves kept on coming back to. Hoult, too, had impressed the deliberate filmmaker, known for his thought-provoking work on the Planet of the Apes franchise, with The Favourite this winter.

The two actors in short order became the only contenders, and during the week of May 20, when Pattinson flew in from Cannes, both shot screen tests in costume on the Burbank lot. Each had a pre-negotiated deal in place, ready to go into effect for whoever had the final contingency lifted, the screen test.

Pattinson and Hoult put on a suit from a previous Batman movie, as has become customary in the Bat-test process. (Christian Bale, before landing Batman Begins, performed his test in the suit used by Val Kilmer in 1995’s Batman Forever, for instance.) Did they embody the character? How did their eyes look and act? Is there a specialness to them? Those were the questions Reeves and the studio wanted answered.

“(Reeves) wanted very specific things,” says one insider. “He knew what he was looking for.”
    I wanna see that costume test.

I wanna see that costume test.
    I honestly wonder which suit they used. Bale's or Afflecks?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I honestly wonder which suit they used. Bale's or Afflecks?
    Actually was the Bat suit from the Batman vs The Wizard Serial. Pretty crazy.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics