Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Heath Ledger, Ben Affleck, Michael Keaton, Hugh Jackman, etc. Comic book fans don't exactly have a great track record when it comes to being right about "who's best for the part." And given Reeve's track record, I'm willing to give this a shot. He's never made a film that I didn't like so far.

Yeah, much of the time it seems many ppl just want to be outraged for the sake of being outraged. And sometimes they get competitive on who can be the most outraged.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/05/17/...emove-replace/

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Yeah, much of the time it seems many ppl just want to be outraged for the sake of being outraged. And sometimes they get competitive on who can be the most outraged.

I could be the poster child representative for "Don't cast Robert Pattinson as Batman", yet I find stuff like this totally ridiculous!! Get over it people!! Your silly little petition won't change a studio's mind and all you are doing is giving them free publicity! Just like the dumb@$$es wanting to reshoot the final season of Game of Thrones....really??

Twilight.. Now I understand why I was thinking.. I saw him and I heard this name before..

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    I only known him for trash talking the franchise that made him rich and famous. Looking at him, he has an unimpressive chin
    I am not really happy for this.. I prefer even TOM HARDY(BANE) as our Batman..
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-17-2019 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I got to stop you there and throw out the Jesse Eisenberg Rule: Sometimes obvious bad casting is just bad casting. The guy most people thought didn't fit their image of Lex, gave s possibly the worst onscreen Lex to date and that's saying something!

Not saying that this guy is an obvious bad choice to play Batman, because heck if I know, just saying that using "Heath Ledger" as a go to defense on casting doesn't really work anymore. Controversial casting for a role isn't some sign guaranteeing success. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    Nothing about Jesse Eisenberg was innately bad casting, that was a bad script and purposeful choice for him to be basically an evil Mark Zuckerberg version of Lex. He would have done perfectly fine if they had dressed him in three-piece suit and had him bald. If they had dress Heath Ledger up like a bad prince rip off and tattoo damage on his head with silver grills in his mouth he wouldn't have been a good joker either. You think Jesse Eisenberg went " WB and executives I am going to change Lex into a geeky nasally villain with red mop top hair?". Jesse Eisenberg never got to play Lex Luthor.

Yes, they can be bad casting choices for sure but most complaints on Patterson is based on Twilight and his present look like any of those really matter. Literally, someone said he looks too dirty like he is going play Bruce Wayne without shaving. If He dyes his hair and slick it back, puts on nice suit, hits the gym a little and he is fine. It is not like this an out of leftfield choice so yeah "Heath Ledger Rule" in effect wait and see. Jesse Eisenberg (and Ben Affleck) got messed up because of movie choices/screenplay because in the moments when they tried it wasn't bad. This Lex wasn't in the movie and other things can derail a movie even with solid casting

Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-17-2019 at 06:43 AM.

Welll if their main criteria was "must be able to brood".. Because RP can brood and Batman/Bruce does brood A LOT, so... :P

I consider him a better actor than Affleck and willing to give it a shot but "physically" hard to envision him as Batman/Bruce. Wait and see I suppose...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I think since they've given up on connecting all the movies to each other and are now going for standalones and allowing directors a bit more creative freedom, there is some chance that the individual films can turn out well (like Wonder Woman or Shazam). They can now get away from the disasters of BvS, Suicide Squad, JL, etc.

Hopefully this will be more like that.

Apparently this is supposed to be a trilogy. I just wanted to say if anybody watches Killing Eve, I think Jodie Comer would be an amazing Selina Kyle/Catwoman- so if they decide to introduce her in at some point, I hope she's in the running.
    They haven't "given up" on that. That was never their intention to begin with. Snyder was making interconnected movies but everyone at WB has maintained that they were never trying to build a shared universe or storyline like Marvel's, just tell individual stories of all different varieties and tones that are only thematically connected. This has always been their stance so I don't know where you got the impression that they were trying to connect them all together.

BANNED

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

Twighlight, the one franchise i dispise the most in this world.... Warner Bros, you maniac.... what have you done.... T_T

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post

Reminds me of the stories about WB getting flooded with angry calls/letters when Keaton was first cast back in the day.

Spectacular Member AzraelOnline's Avatar

I don't think this is going to happen. They'll most likely go with the other guy, and here's why. We don't live in the internet age of 20 years ago. If we did, Pattinson would be cast and that would be it. People would have to live with it. But look at what happened to the Sonic the Hedgehog movie, all the complainers made their voices loud enough to the point that they made changes. Everyone I know thought the character looked fine and the trailer was enjoyable. But because it didn't look like EXACTLY what fans wanted, they complained and made a change. I think enough people will complain about this and it will cost Pattinson the role, and that really is a shame that that's the kind of world we live in.
    Azrael Online - The Source for all things Azrael

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

Twighlight, the one franchise i dispise the most in this world.... Warner Bros, you maniac.... what have you done.... T_T
    I never thought that the Twighlitht vampires(for this you want him as batman?) could ruin Batman future..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AzraelOnline View Post
    I don't think this is going to happen. They'll most likely go with the other guy, and here's why. We don't live in the internet age of 20 years ago. If we did, Pattinson would be cast and that would be it. People would have to live with it. But look at what happened to the Sonic the Hedgehog movie, all the complainers made their voices loud enough to the point that they made changes. Everyone I know thought the character looked fine and the trailer was enjoyable. But because it didn't look like EXACTLY what fans wanted, they complained and made a change. I think enough people will complain about this and it will cost Pattinson the role, and that really is a shame that that's the kind of world we live in.
    That's just not a reality though. In most cases fans are wrong about stuff like this. Most people don't want him because he was a star of the Twilight franchise, but they've never seen anything else he's done and how much he's refined himself as an actor. Studios don't react to fans for this very reason, they act irrationally. I would also say the people complaining about him are a minority

Ultimate Member

Cosmopolis, The Lost City of Z, The Rover, and I've heard good things about High Life, etc. People judging his acting solely by Twilight are REALLY not getting the bigger picture. Heck he was good in the fourth Harry Potter film as well.

Not impressed, mainly because I can’t see him being mentor to Robin or Batgirl. Which is a shame. Because I really want DCEU to give a try to Robins and then Nightwing, Red Hood, whatever-Tim-would-be-when-time-comes and Damian in the future. Pattinson, at least right now, also far way from being as impressive looking around Gal Gadot, Jason Mamoa and etc., like Ben used to look around them. In BvS trio looked so good.

Yeesh. I don't even wanna think about how long and how many Batman movies it would take to incorporate all five Robins (4 if we're not counting Stephanie...I like to count her) in a satisfying way. They'd have to make an MCU just for Batman characters XD