Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I'm sorry but I just had this thought...

Aquaman is now the most "Redacted see post below" in the DCEU. To add he is/and probably will be the most popular character in the DCEU as well.

LMAO x3

The world we live in right now is ever bit as hysterical as it is sad. lol
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 05-17-2019 at 11:51 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I'm sorry but I just had this thought...

Aquaman is now the most "Masculine" in the DCEU. To add he is/and probably will be the most popular character in the DCEU as well.

LMAO x3

The world we live in right now is ever bit as hysterical as it is sad. lol
    What does masculine even mean in this context and why does it matter?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

I can't believe Garrett Hedlund was never in the running.

He's American, he's 34 but looks mature, not like a teenager, he's got a deep voice, he's 6'2 and physically a bigger guy. And if anyone has seen On the Road or Mudbound, he's a good actor but he also has a really strong, charismatic screen presence.

That would have been perfect. I don't know what these studio execs are looking for with these choices, honestly.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    What does masculine even mean in this context and why does it matter?
    Masculine was the wrong word....

I meant Intimidating, Fearsome, Notable, and Hunky.

But couldn't compile that into one word. (Nor did I put much thought behind choosing Masculine)

So ignore the Masculine part. I have been laughing at this casting all day can't believe it so, I'm a little off right now. lol

I mean think about it if WB where dumb enough to go back on not combing the universe's and Momoa and Patterson, in full Bat garb, standing next to each other... lol I can't . I'm sorry. lol
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 05-17-2019 at 11:56 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Masculine was the wrong word....

I meant Intimidating, Fearsome, Notable, and Hunky.

But couldn't compile that into one word. (Nor did I put much thought behind choosing Masculine)

So ignore the Masculine part. I have been laughing at this casting all day can't believe it so, I'm a little off right now. lol

I mean think about it if WB where dumb enough to go back on not combing the universe's and Momoa and Patterson, in full Bat garb, standing next to each other... lol I can't . I'm sorry. lol
    I'm guessing you've never seen him in any other movies other than Twilight.

I was wrong about Ledger and Affleck both and because of that, I'm going to give him a chance. He's going to need to bulk up though.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I'm guessing you've never seen him in any other movies other than Twilight.
    No, I have. I'm not saying he is a bad actor.

I'm just saying right now/initially he's a laughable Batman.

Daniel Radcliffe Wolverine is right around the corner.

BHahahaha. (sorry I'm genuinely tickled by this.)

...Okay I know you're joking but that's something else I would legitimately give a chance to XD

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gooch4011 View Post
    I was wrong about Ledger and Affleck both and because of that, I'm going to give him a chance. He's going to need to bulk up though.
    I think this is different. Ledger was a character actor (proven by his Brokeback Mountain transformation) playing a crazy character.

Batman/Bruce is not a role that requires that kind of transformation (which is why Christian Bale by his own admission had trouble with it and never felt satisfied by his performance in the role). It requires more of a natural screen presence/star power more than that kind of acting, which may be why Ben Affleck was decent.

I don't think Pattinson has that kind of screen presence. He'll probably revert to being wooden and stiff.

Saw the news, immediately came here for the screaming and teeth-gnashing.

Carry on.

No, I have. I'm not saying he is a bad actor.

I'm just saying right now/initially he's a laughable Batman.

BHahahaha. (sorry I'm genuinely tickled by this.)
    I don't see how he's a laughable Batman when we haven't seen him in the suit or acting as Bruce Wayne but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Not impressed, mainly because I can’t see him being mentor to Robin or Batgirl. Which is a shame. Because I really want DCEU to give a try to Robins and then Nightwing, Red Hood, whatever-Tim-would-be-when-time-comes and Damian in the future. Pattinson, at least right now, also far way from being as impressive looking around Gal Gadot, Jason Mamoa and etc., like Ben used to look around them. In BvS trio looked so good.
    I get that, but between Gotham finale’s teen Bats, Afflecks’s middle age Bats and Titans senior citizen Bats, it’s kinda refreshing to have the next live action Batman being comfortably in his prime.
    I don’t think this rules out some of the Batfamily showing up. But between BOP having Helena and Cass, Arrowverse having Kate and Luke and Titans having Jason and Dick; seems like a good chunk of them are getting some live action love anyway. So I’m ok if the movies just sticks with a little good old fashion solo Batman adventures for a while.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 05-17-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I can't believe Garrett Hedlund was never in the running.

He's American, he's 34 but looks mature, not like a teenager, he's got a deep voice, he's 6'2 and physically a bigger guy. And if anyone has seen On the Road or Mudbound, he's a good actor but he also has a really strong, charismatic screen presence.

That would have been perfect. I don't know what these studio execs are looking for with these choices, honestly.
    Garrett Hedlund auditioned for Captain America back in the day.

I think Hedlund would make a better Green Arrow.

I can understand why his name wasn't in the running for Batman. Hedlund hasn't had much success as a leading man in mainstream films. Movies like Trony Legacy and Pan didn't do great at the box office.

Ultimate Member

If Jon Cryer can play a good Lex Luthor, then Pattinson can play a good Batman potentially.