Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 147
  1. #61
    Mighty Member chamber-music's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Not impressed, mainly because I canít see him being mentor to Robin or Batgirl. Which is a shame. Because I really want DCEU to give a try to Robins and then Nightwing, Red Hood, whatever-Tim-would-be-when-time-comes and Damian in the future. Pattinson, at least right now, also far way from being as impressive looking around Gal Gadot, Jason Mamoa and etc., like Ben used to look around them. In BvS trio looked so good.
    WB has pretty much said their shared universe is dead for the foreseeable future so Pattison wouldn't be sharing the screen with the likes of Mamoa or Gadot.

  2. #62
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Pattinson is more likely to face off against Joaquim Phoenix's joker.

    I, for one, am very happy to give RP a chance. He's grow drastically as an actor since twilight. And lets be honest, he was pretty decent in Harry Potter. Plot can make or break a show. Hayden Christenson for example was horrible in the star wars prequels, but I consider him a very solid actor.

    Furthermore, the focus of Reeve's batman as "World's greatest detective" is a much needed directional shift. I like it and look forward to seeing it.

  3. #63
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    Pattinson is more likely to face off against Joaquim Phoenix's joker.

    I, for one, am very happy to give RP a chance. He's grow drastically as an actor since twilight. And lets be honest, he was pretty decent in Harry Potter. Plot can make or break a show. Hayden Christenson for example was horrible in the star wars prequels, but I consider him a very solid actor.

    Furthermore, the focus of Reeve's batman as "World's greatest detective" is a much needed directional shift. I like it and look forward to seeing it.
    I wouldn't put too much time into waiting around for this to happen.

  4. #64
    Spectacular Member Yohei72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    WB has pretty much said their shared universe is dead for the foreseeable future...
    Truly? That would be refreshing. I've enjoyed the MCU as much as the next good little consumer, but the massive shared universe approach can really creatively hamstring storytellers. Honestly, I'd like to see the comics move away from that approach, but I think I'm in the minority there and I know it's not gonna happen anytime soon. "Get good storytellers, give them good characters and get out of the way and let them do good work" is the right plan to follow at this point.

  5. #65
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Truly? That would be refreshing. I've enjoyed the MCU as much as the next good little consumer, but the massive shared universe approach can really creatively hamstring storytellers. Honestly, I'd like to see the comics move away from that approach, but I think I'm in the minority there and I know it's not gonna happen anytime soon. "Get good storytellers, give them good characters and get out of the way and let them do good work" is the right plan to follow at this point.
    I like shared universes, but like any story telling convention it has its weaknesses.

  6. #66
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Not impressed, mainly because I canít see him being mentor to Robin or Batgirl. Which is a shame. Because I really want DCEU to give a try to Robins and then Nightwing, Red Hood, whatever-Tim-would-be-when-time-comes and Damian in the future. Pattinson, at least right now, also far way from being as impressive looking around Gal Gadot, Jason Mamoa and etc., like Ben used to look around them. In BvS trio looked so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeesh. I don't even wanna think about how long and how many Batman movies it would take to incorporate all five Robins (4 if we're not counting Stephanie...I like to count her) in a satisfying way. They'd have to make an MCU just for Batman characters XD
    If we get any sidekicks it would probably be Batgirl and Robin. It's very rare an adaption ever goes past those two, and if it does it's usually just to make Dick Nightwing.

  7. #67
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If we get any sidekicks it would probably be Batgirl and Robin. It's very rare an adaption ever goes past those two, and if it does it's usually just to make Dick Nightwing.
    I think we will see Dick grow from Robin to Nightwing, Reeves seems like the kind of director who respects the source material while doing something fresh and familiar. I'm hopeful but it just makes sense if DC/WB wants to make a bigger franchise out of Batman for their live action films.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  8. #68
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I think we will see Dick grow from Robin to Nightwing, Reeves seems like the kind of director who respects the source material while doing something fresh and familiar. I'm hopeful but it just makes sense if DC/WB wants to make a bigger franchise out of Batman for their live action films.
    If we get sequential Batman movies with Pattinson, I could see it.

  9. #69
    Astonishing Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tOSU
    Posts
    2,132

    Default

    I don't watch Batman movies in the hopes that Robin 21 and 56 show up, so I just hope whoever is cast does a good job regardless of their age.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


  10. #70
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,017

    Default

    He has done a ton of things since Twilight, and they've all been great.

    Plus Twilight was a cash out for him. Can't fault the man for his grind.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

  11. #71
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If we get sequential Batman movies with Pattinson, I could see it.
    I think we will see a trilogy with him at the very least. Reeves so far feels very put together from everything he's said about his plans for the character.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  12. #72
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,397

    Default

    It can't be all bad as long as Batman doesn't have more muscles than Superman and his costume doesn't have built-in nipples.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  13. #73
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,772

    Default

    Pattinson himself couldn't be bothered to hide how much he thought that Twilight was crap (seriously there's some hilarious videos of him being passive-aggressive about it online). It was a paycheck for him, plus he was playing a crap character to begin with.

    When he's given better material to work with, and I cannot imagine Reeve's NOT doing that, he's consistently great.

  14. #74
    Mighty Member chamber-music's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,619

    Default

    The Twilight movies actually had some very good actors in them good so I don't know why people would hold a grudge against Pattison for being in the films.

    Lee Pace, Bryce Dallas Howard, Micheal Sheen, Dakota Fanning, Sarah Clarke, Anna Kendrick, Jack Huston and Wendell Pierce all appeared in the franchise.

    Rami Malek was in a Twilight movie and he won a academy award this year.

  15. #75
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,631

    Default

    I have only watched the Twilight films with the Rifftrax on. I think it's about halfway through the second film where Pattinson stops giving a f*** lol. He and Stewart get lampooned the most because they are at the forefront, but they are both better actors than the material they are given. I'm willing to give him a chance on this, because he get positive word of mouth in other stuff.

    Him being on the younger side means we are likely not going to see a full Bat-Family any time soon. Which I'm fine with, I'm not into the bloated cast and I'd rather they just focus on giving Dick-as-Robin some cinematic redemption.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •