Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Now all I need to know is who’ll be Jason Todd in WoDC.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Now all I need to know is who’ll be Jason Todd in WoDC.
    Considering the age of the current Batman, factoring in enough time to cover Grayson being introduced as Robin and moving on to Nightwing…
    I don't know, any impressive 13-14 year olds on Nickelodeon or Disney right now? I mean, we're talking at least 2035 at the earliest here.

"Beware the Sparkly Batman!"

In all seriousness though, not sure how he'll do. Though apparently there's a few people out there that want a Twi-reunion with Kristen Stewart as Catwoman or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Considering the age of the current Batman, factoring in enough time to cover Grayson being introduced as Robin and moving on to Nightwing…
    I don't know, any impressive 13-14 year olds on Nickelodeon or Disney right now? I mean, we're talking at least 2035 at the earliest here.
    They could easily put him in the sequel. Pattinson will be 35 in 2021 (assuming it comes out that year).
    Just get someone who's in his early 20s but looks a few years youngers a la Tom Holland.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    They could easily put him in the sequel. Pattinson will be 35 in 2021 (assuming it comes out that year).
    Just get someone who's in his early 20s but looks a few years youngers a la Tom Holland.
    How you gonna put Jason in the sequel when Grayson's never got his shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    How you gonna put Jason in the sequel when Grayson's never got his shot?
    Dick was Robin in 3 different Batman movies. Batman 66, Batman & Robin, and Batman Forever. I want Dick as Robin again but he has been done before.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Dick was Robin in 3 different Batman movies. Batman 66, Batman & Robin, and Batman Forever. I want Dick as Robin again but he has been done before.
    We've never seen Batman adopt a child whose parents were murdered like his were when he was a child; or, to put it another way, we've never seen Batman make the serious decision to become a father for the first time. That's been explored many times in the comics but never in live-action. Your mileage may vary on how seriously you take Batman Forever.

Chris O'Donnell wasn't a child when he played Robin over 20 years ago and neither was Burt Ward over 50 years ago and none of those three movies was exactly serious.

If Matt Reeves uses a Robin at all he may skip Dick straight to Nightwing but I really hope he doesn't. I'm dying to see a serious take on the origin of 'Batman and Robin'. That really hasn't been done before.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    We've never seen Batman adopt a child whose parents were murdered like his were when he was a child; or, to put it another way, we've never seen Batman make the serious decision to become a father for the first time. That's been explored many times in the comics but never in live-action. Your mileage may vary on how seriously you take Batman Forever.

Chris O'Donnell wasn't a child when he played Robin over 20 years ago and neither was Burt Ward over 50 years ago and none of those three movies was exactly serious.

If Matt Reeves uses a Robin at all he may skip Dick straight to Nightwing but I really hope he doesn't. I'm dying to see a serious take on the origin of 'Batman and Robin'. That really hasn't been done before.
    I know we haven't had a serious take yet. I'm just pointing out that Dick being Robin HAS been done.

I really want it as well, I'm just stating the facts.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

I think they haven't figured out how to do Robin well in live action because of the inherently awkward nature of Batman sending a child out to fight criminals and get beat up on. It would really count as child abuse/endangerment, which is why live action Robin has never been portrayed as an actual child. And yet not making him a child he adopted lessens the "father-son" nature of their relationship.

I think probably the best way to do it would be to go ahead and have Bruce adopt him at the right age (11 or so), and then have Dick accidentally find out he's Batman, and insist on becoming Robin right at the age of 18, when Bruce can't legally stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I think they haven't figured out how to do Robin well in live action because of the inherently awkward nature of Batman sending a child out to fight criminals and get beat up on. It would really count as child abuse/endangerment, which is why live action Robin has never been portrayed as an actual child. And yet not making him a child he adopted lessens the "father-son" nature of their relationship.

I think probably the best way to do it would be to go ahead and have Bruce adopt him at the right age (11 or so), and then have Dick accidentally find out he's Batman, and insist on becoming Robin right at the age of 18, when Bruce can't legally stop him.
    Lol Bruce can't "legally" stop him. Crime fighting itself is illegal no matter the age.

Incredible Member

Lol Bruce can't "legally" stop him. Crime fighting itself is illegal no matter the age.
    Yeah, I just meant tell him what to do at 18. Somehow him letting an underage kid that he's responsible for run around doing stuff like that is even worse.

Yeah, but I wouldn't call those last two a "shot". He was in subpar movies at best and deserves a shot at a serious movie. At least, that's what I imagine his fans would argue. Personally I'm kind of indifferent to all the Robins as Robin, and indifferent to Grayson entirely (he's better than Damian, but Jason and Tim are the only ones who ever interest me).

Incredible Member

If any Robins ever make into live action, it's going to be Dick though. I don't think the general public is even aware that there are so many other Robins

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    If any Robins ever make into live action, it's going to be Dick though. I don't think the general public is even aware that there are so many other Robins
    Tim gained traction in BTAS, and thanks to Under the Red Hood, more and more people have been finding out about Jason (and Young Justice has helped out as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Tim gained traction in BTAS, and thanks to Under the Red Hood, more and more people have been finding out about Jason (and Young Justice has helped out as well).
    A friend of mine (who doesn't read comics) watches all the DC films (be it live-action or animated). He once told me that Under the Red Hood is one of if not his fav. DC animated film. He asked me about Jason and all and that he liked him over other Robins especially how badass he is. So yeah, you're right.