Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Wick 3

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Anyone have this weird suspicion that there may be something far more...supernatural/mythical going on?

I get that the movie is highly stylized and intentionally over-the-top, but I would not be surprised if this is a story about gods and demons. As in, it could be like the show Supernatural, which started off very small scale and eventually built towards a very epic mythology.
    Why because John has the durability of a superhero? Or because of the hidden factions?

John Wick's world of secret criminal shadow governments and borderline superpowered operatives reminds me a lot of 100 Bullets, which is awesome. Everyone read 100 Bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Why because John has the durability of a superhero? Or because of the hidden factions?
    Kind of, yeah. I mean if you saw the movie, you know what happened towards the end. Wick takes a lot of damage and that last little bit seems to really push the realm of credibility. Not only that, but in part two...none of the "regular people" seem to react to any of the crazy stuff going on around them. It almost seems like there is a veil that the society operates behind that is not perceptible to those outside of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    John Wick's world of secret criminal shadow governments and borderline superpowered operatives reminds me a lot of 100 Bullets, which is awesome. Everyone read 100 Bullets.
    I've read all of 100 Bullets in trades. I didn't understand what the deeper story was. The surface level stuff all made sense, but who was Graves and who was Shepherd and what was going on...I didn't understand any of it.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Watched it again. Still hate that twist at the end because I liked Winston. Hope Mr TIck Tock plays a bigger part in future movies hes just kinda creepy here but the actor is hilarious irl.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Anyone have this weird suspicion that there may be something far more...supernatural/mythical going on?
    No, but I feel like its borderline science fiction given some of the set pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    No, but I feel like its borderline science fiction given some of the set pieces.
    Wtf was the purpose of the glass skulls in THAT samurai room? I was confused by that

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Wtf was the purpose of the glass skulls in THAT samurai room? I was confused by that
    Exactly my point. I think they're going for bizarre with a futuristic slant and perhaps won't take it any further than that, but I do wonder.

Enjoyed the movie but in this one I felt some of the action was beautiful and some was a but clunky. At times Keanu Reeves would just stand there and wait for someone to hit him. Also apparently no one actually wants to kill John Wick cause mutiple people could have and didnt. I do appreciate him letting those tiny twins live since they gave him like 20 chances. And Mark Descascos was surprisingly funny in this