Mighty Member

Default Hip hop tracks they could use as HORROR themes (a la "5 on it" from "Us")

Man, I'll never hear "five on it" the same way again!

What other hip hop works could be used in horror flicks?

Maybe :
    Nowhere to run (gravediggaz)
    Midnight (Ice T)

Schoolboy Q would be good : the eerie part of "man of the year" would be good. Even better would be the "ooooo, wooooo" (Chicago sample?) from Hell of a night.

I can imagine Hell of a night as the title of an urban horror flick. It could be like a supernatural version of THE PURGE movies. On say, June 2nd, hell opens from midnight to daylight unleashing various demons of various sizes and powers plus evil dead people seeking afterlife revenge in their local area. A bunch of burglars are caught up in it, and must make alliances with cops, rich gun owners etc. to survive. A sequel features a better prepared and armed populace, with weapons blessed by priests taking the fight to the evil forces, villians killed in the last flick could come back again. The films could be satires/commentary on race, class, gun culture etc....

and YOUR hip-hop horrors?

Mo Murda By Bone Thugs N Harmony. Honestly wouldnt have to change much except some lyrics to make it about the movie. Krayzie Bone Killed his verse on the Five on it remake.

It's not possible because Nate Doggs dead but I'd love Nobody does it better with that US twist on it.

Honestly, the tune in question only worked because it wasn't beating you over the head with the context it was happening in.

Once you throw in something like "Blame It On Chucky" in, you're essentially doing the exact opposite.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

2Pac's Hail Mary. Song itself does invoke a good sense of horror. It just needs a tweaks like dropping the guest verses.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly, the tune in question only worked because it wasn't beating you over the head with the context it was happening in.

Once you throw in something like "Blame It On Chucky" in, you're essentially doing the exact opposite.
    This. 'I Got Five On It' features no sinister lyrical content, it's a weed anthem. The beat however does have something foreboding about it because of the way they slowed down the sample from a song that's already in a minor key. Then they further maximized those aspects of the song.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

They released a version that did do that and I liked it. Defiently beats the point home but yea as far as using it in the movie. Do they actually Play the horror version or just the instrumental during the fight at the end. They play the OG version in the car.

(To be fair I love almost everything Krayzie Bone does. So yea my judgemnt is questionable)

Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-29-2019 at 04:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Geto Boys-My mind's playin tricks on me. Anything from the Grave Diggas

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Tyler the Creator - Who dat boy. It would make a decent theme for a slasher.

a lot of Wu Tang Clan lends itself to customization

i'm half expecting to hear some of it in the Candyman remake. personally, i'm in favor of more original music. the composition that plays through most of Candyman was haunting and memorable. i think horror needs more of that. it can elevate an average movie to above average.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 05-29-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Phone Tap - The Firm: This one is slow and feels very deliberate, more of a suspense track than horror but it would work.
    Shook Ones Pt. 2 - Mobb Deep: This one has always just sounded sinister AF.
    Grindin' - Clipse: If you slowed this one down and added some effects like dripping water or a metallic reverb it would sound like someone pounding on a cell.

Also not hip hop at all but "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman has been sampled a ton and could easily be made into a creepy song.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 05-30-2019 at 08:12 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Gangsta's Paradise - Sonic the Hedgehog

(well, it *looked* like a horror movie. good luck to all the animators that have to work from start all over again)

Anyway, I've always thought Vic Mensa's Down for Some Ignorance would be good for an overwhelming action scene in a horror movie.

Mighty Member

Mobb Deep - Apostle's Warning