Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Now let's talk about how to replace Superman?

I fully understand why Henry wants to quit. There was no future plan in short time for the character and Superman kinda limited his career choice.

It's not the first time that Superman being replaced by another actor, it happened in Superboy and Superman Returns. But I have another idea, maybe let Supergirl replace him? So we won't have to deal with the audience get confused or dislike the new Superman. There is a Kara El in DCEU prequel comic as the ancestor.

My choice of cast is Elizabeth Debicki. She's a tall, pretty figure and could act well.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I don't think it's a matter of Cavill wanting to quit. From his social media accounts, he seems very enthusiastic about the role and he actively sought it out, going as far back as Superman Returns.

WB, on the other hand, doesn't seem in a rush to do a Superman movie anytime soon, as they appear to have a negative viewpoint regarding the character. They wanted to sign Cavill to an ambassador-type role where he would do cameo appearances in other DC movies, but Cavill doesn't want to do that (understandably so). But it does appear that a recasting will inevitably take place, which is a shame because Cavill was an amazing Superman.

Retired

If they go with younger versions of the character set in past decades. And it seems like a Supergirl movie could be set in the past. Then get a young actor to play Clark as he comes into his own as Superman--and meets the Legion of Super-Heroes for the first time. Kara Zor-El comes to Earth as a teen and meets her young cousin--and educates him on his heritage. Of course, all of this was done on SMALLVILLE.

BANNED

I will always want a version of Superman set in 1937 with the power set he had at the time.

Not much interest in a Supergirl movie though. She's not a viable replacement for the Man of Steel.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Henry likes his role, WB just don't care about the character

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I don't think it's a matter of Cavill wanting to quit. From his social media accounts, he seems very enthusiastic about the role and he actively sought it out, going as far back as Superman Returns.

WB, on the other hand, doesn't seem in a rush to do a Superman movie anytime soon, as they appear to have a negative viewpoint regarding the character. They wanted to sign Cavill to an ambassador-type role where he would do cameo appearances in other DC movies, but Cavill doesn't want to do that (understandably so). But it does appear that a recasting will inevitably take place, which is a shame because Cavill was an amazing Superman.
    So let's use Supergirl to do the role and bring Henry back when WB decide to do Superman again.

No one will get confused, audiences aren't dumb, just find another actor to replace him and there you go. By all means they should still do a Supergirl movie, but in no way should it be to replace Superman.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I will always want a version of Superman set in 1937 with the power set he had at the time.

Not much interest in a Supergirl movie though. She's not a viable replacement for the Man of Steel.
    I would like to see this myself.

Yea everything Canvill says is basically how much he loves playing superman. It's his dream role, and he could probably be good in it far far away from snyder. Maybe in 2021 start filming a new film with Canvill and someone who doesnt think comic superman is corny and needs to be darker

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    No one will get confused, audiences aren't dumb, just find another actor to replace him and there you go. By all means they should still do a Supergirl movie, but in no way should it be to replace Superman.
    I doubt any good actor would want to do the cameo role as Superman, maybe it's good to use Supergirl for the role then bring Henry back when WB decide to make Superman movie again.

If they have to replace the role, maybe Armie Hammer?

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea everything Canvill says is basically how much he loves playing superman. It's his dream role, and he could probably be good in it far far away from snyder. Maybe in 2021 start filming a new film with Canvill and someone who doesnt think comic superman is corny and needs to be darker
    A dark Superman film can work tho. As long as Superman himself isn't dark.

Just recast, it's not that big an issue.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Seriously, it's a non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I still prefer to use Supergirl if Superman is not going to have his own movie in this stage.

No offense to Cavil but he's not RDJ as Iron Man or Chris Evans as Cap, recasting's no big deal.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!