Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    I still prefer to use Supergirl if Superman is not going to have his own movie in this stage.
    Supergirl is a more interesting character anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    No offense to Cavil but he's not RDJ as Iron Man or Chris Evans as Cap, recasting's no big deal.
    I think he is close to Evans, just the script didn't do well on him.

Incredible Member

Isn't there already something in the works for a Supergirl movie? That was one of the reasons I read that the Superman sequel was put on the back burner.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Isn't there already something in the works for a Supergirl movie? That was one of the reasons I read that the Superman sequel was put on the back burner.
    https://heroichollywood.com/rumor-dc...ergirl-update/

YES.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Supergirl is a more interesting character anyway.
    I like Kara but she really isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I like Kara but she really isn't.
    I don't like Kara in the comic, not because of the personality but she kinda ruined Superman's last survivor feeling.

However, due to Helen Slater's beauty, I truly like to see Supergirl on screen. She is the most beautiful superheroine I've ever seen.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Cavill has a loyal following of fans (I'm one of them). He's my Superman. Sure, he's had some clumsy writing, but that's nothing a new solo title with the right creative team can't fix in a quick minute. Cavill loves Superman and has never given any indication of not wanting to act as Supes. If WB recasts him, I, along with many, many others, will be sorely disappointed. However, Superman is a character that transcends any one face, same for Batman.

The problem, currently, is Warner Bros. not knowing what to do with Cavill and the character of Superman in cinema right now after Justice League's crash and burn.

Give Cavill at least one more shot as Supes in a creatively different world than what Snyder set up (of which I actually enjoyed, but, that's another debate).

And sure, bring in Supergirl as some auxiliary support, but don't replace the Man of Steel outright with Supergirl just yet. Let her earn it first instead of just going for that.
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 05-17-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'd like to see him continue but if he won't, a recast is no big deal.

Honestly recasting these iconic characters for different takes is kinda part of it all.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

For the umpteenth time, Cavill wants to be Superman. WB is just on the fence about the property. Henry has nothing to do with it. Stop ignoring that lol

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    For the umpteenth time, Cavill wants to be Superman. WB is just on the fence about the property. Henry has nothing to do with it. Stop ignoring that lol
    By all means then, let the man continue. He fits the role perfectly, tbh.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    By all means then, let the man continue. He fits the role perfectly, tbh.
    Yeah, I had no issue with him myself. Tbh I think WB would just rather make Batman movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Sure but it's ok to let Supergirl come up when there is no plan for Superman before 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Cavill has a loyal following of fans (I'm one of them). He's my Superman. Sure, he's had some clumsy writing, but that's nothing a new solo title with the right creative team can't fix in a quick minute. Cavill loves Superman and has never given any indication of not wanting to act as Supes. If WB recasts him, I, along with many, many others, will be sorely disappointed. However, Superman is a character that transcends any one face, same for Batman.

The problem, currently, is Warner Bros. not knowing what to do with Cavill and the character of Superman in cinema right now after Justice League's crash and burn.

Give Cavill at least one more shot as Supes in a creatively different world than what Snyder set up (of which I actually enjoyed, but, that's another debate).

And sure, bring in Supergirl as some auxiliary support, but don't replace the Man of Steel outright with Supergirl just yet. Let her earn it first instead of just going for that.
    That's why I mention Supergirl, so you can just let her carry the flag for a little while and have no problem to bring Henry back when needed.

Retired

Some female super-heroes don't need their male counterparts in the same movie--I can even envision a Batgirl without Batman making an appearance--but it would be so wrong if Kara Zor-El appeared in her origin movie without Kal-El/Clark/Superman being somewhere in the movie. If they want to do a Superman family movie without Superman, it would be better to do a Lois Lane, Superboy or Bizarro film.

I say cut him loose.

Unfortunately luck wasn't on Cavill side (it's been known to happen to other actors) and its not fair for him and his fans when clearly Warner Bros. doesn't have any ideas what to do with Superman.

I feel like Warner Bros. is pretty much in a comfortable position of sorts, were they don't have to rush in to producing another Superman movie because the actor is still very interested in the role. If Cavill was to one day say that he wasn't interested in reviving the role again, it would probably kick Warner Bros. into finally making a decision on what they're going to do regarding the status of the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    I doubt any good actor would want to do the cameo role as Superman, maybe it's good to use Supergirl for the role then bring Henry back when WB decide to make Superman movie again.

If they have to replace the role, maybe Armie Hammer?
    Um...why would you think they'll give Supergirl a movie during the stretch of time they won't give Superman a movie? Or are you saying you'd rather Supergirl be relegated to just cameo roles if that's all that's on the table?