Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it isn't Charles. His project seems to put mutants on danger per august solicits
    It's a trope Hickman explored before, and pretty well, of brilliant men of science putting the world/universe/multiverse in danger due to their arrogance and secrecy.

My hope is that Hickman won't focus on couples. His work has little romance compared to others
    Yeah, while X-books is different than Avengers, since it always has been more soap-opera based, I doubt he'll explore it too much. I could even see him just showing couple "X" is together, but letting another writer handle it on their book, while he keeps the flagship for more important stuff.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    whew that'd lead a very interesting dynamic between Monet and Jubilee

Jubilee:
    Monet:
    Jubilee:
    Monet: yes, I AM screwing your dad. What are you gonna do about it? Be mad?
    Jubes would find it gross, but probably be more excepting than what Bunn set up with her x Creed. Now that would probably outrage Jubilee given her not-so-good history with him, and the fact Monet is still a frenemy dating a former tormentor.

My hope is that Hickman won't focus on couples. His work has little romance compared to others
    Well during the Pairing X-Monday, JDW said Hickman is gonna redefine was love X-Men style is. I think it'll be some pairings somewhere. lol

Has Hickman ever had a real focus on romance in any of his stories? Reed and Sue is the only one I can think of and honestly, they do not count lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Has Hickman ever had a real focus on romance in any of his stories? Reed and Sue is the only one I can think of and honestly, they do not count lol.
    Was it Hickman that married off Cannonball? I recalled hearing he got married during his time away from the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Was it Hickman that married off Cannonball? I recalled hearing he got married during his time away from the X-Office.
    Yeah and that was mostly offscreen. It wasn't a super well developed relationship. Generally, Hickman's more of a plot writer than a character writer. I'm not expecting romance to be a major part of these series at all. Charles/Moira is the only one I really see potentially playing an important role in the story

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Yeah and that was mostly offscreen. It wasn't a super well developed relationship. Generally, Hickman's more of a plot writer than a character writer. I'm not expecting romance to be a major part of these series at all. Charles/Moira is the only one I really see potentially playing an important role in the story
    Well Destiny's pic was shown on of the the covers. I am hoping that gets addressed. Besides Azazel, Destiny is the only someone Mystique's had any chemistry with.

But yeah. HOX and POX is mainly a set-up. Hickman's gonna plant some seeds, then we're gonna get the franchise reboot with things following after what he's now established. So chances are good any romance we get may be hinted at, but handled in the on-goings following the Hickminis.

Well Destiny's pic was shown on of the the covers. I am hoping that gets addressed. Besides Azazel, Destiny is the only someone Mystique's had any chemistry with.
    If anyone can get away with retconning Kurt to be Destiny and Mystique's kid, it's Hickman.

Jubes would find it gross, but probably be more excepting than what Bunn set up with her x Creed. Now that would probably outrage Jubilee given her not-so-good history with him, and the fact Monet is still a frenemy dating a former tormentor.
    oh ****. I forgot Sabretooth tried to gut Jubes on more than one occasion. Then again, usually if someone tried to kill you or your friends and you both end up on the X-Men, the chances that you'll hook up is actually higher. I physically cringe up whenever someone brings up that Logan tried to get with Rogue.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Mystique had chemistry with Azazel? Maybe in the First Class movie.
    "Cable was right!"

oh ****. I forgot Sabretooth tried to gut Jubes on more than one occasion. Then again, usually if someone tried to kill you or your friends and you both end up on the X-Men, the chances that you'll hook up is actually higher. I physically cringe up whenever someone brings up that Logan tried to get with Rogue.
    Lol I completely forgot about that. I honestly think that was the Marvel comic writers trying to just bring movie stuff into the comics since Logan/Rogue was a pretty big ship among fans of the first X-Men movie

If anyone can get away with retconning Kurt to be Destiny and Mystique's kid, it's Hickman.
    That would be good. Azazel honestly didn't need to exist. but I think that's another one of Austen's messes. I almost wish carpel tunnel on that man as much mess as he's written.

Logan tries to get with everybody. It's another perk of being the Franchise Pet. Unlimited Poontang. And what better than the woman Creed was almost with but didn't get a few years back. lol

Just given my luck with liking things that never take off I could see the X-Office ignoring Cronet, but deciding to do Lonet because well...Logan.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-24-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

They're not going to hook up Logan and Monet. Monet is a female telepath, and judging by the covers, will be in a book with Cyclops. What happened to every female telepath shortly after they joined the same book as Scott? Jean, Betsy, Maddie, Emma, you just know it's inevitable. It's a rite of passage.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    They're not going to hook up Logan and Monet. Monet is a female telepath, and judging by the covers, will be in a book with Cyclops. What happened to every female telepath shortly after they joined the same book as Scott? Jean, Betsy, Maddie, Emma, you just know it's inevitable. It's a rite of passage.
    Maybe Hickman will do better, but most writers downplay M as a telepath. She's most seen as a major bruiser with a heavy minor in telepathy. Hell she got brainwashed by Mentallo not long ago. Lol That was a very low moment.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-24-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Well during the Pairing X-Monday, JDW said Hickman is gonna redefine was love X-Men style is. I think it'll be some pairings somewhere. lol
    Pictured here.

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Spectacular Member

https://mobile.twitter.com/ethanjsac...99470889803777

Possibly a tease for one of the new books?

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ethanjsac...99470889803777

Possibly a tease for one of the new books?
    Probably a maxi series for Wolverine. Or the new on-going with 9 issues already written. I swear I heard his named mentioned for Wolverine. Unless it was fan theory & hope.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-24-2019 at 02:35 PM.