Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...53079902740480

hopefully its announcing his new x-book...I need the confirmation
    He’s specifically talking about some Hollywood stuff with that tweet but I think we’ll get that confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Considering the last mainline X-writer to like Emma was... Whedon? Fraction?

I love how you think Hickman is going to be anything remotely positive for Emma, considering Rosenberg has her setup to be the most hated character in the current X-characters.
    Hickman did his story without reading Rosenberg.

Morrison, Whedon, Fraction that is not enough?

What’s wrong with people liking Emma?

Also, according to Kelly Thompson on tumblr, she has no plans to write Rogue and Gambit anytime soon, so she’s out of the running once again.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    What’s wrong with people liking Emma?

Also, according to Kelly Thompson on tumblr, she has no plans to write Rogue and Gambit anytime soon, so she’s out of the running once again.
    Because they make Emma the center of everything

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I mean, that definitely wasn’t the case during the Utopia era. Cyclops was the center of everything during that era as well as the Bendis era right after that.

But regardless, stop getting off topic or y’all are gonna get my thread locked goddamn it!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The fact that you think Emma will be the center of anything but scorn in Hickman-verse is laughable. She will be SIGNIFICANTLY less relevant than any of the following:

Xavier, Scott, Jean, Storm, Kitty, Bobby, Hank, Magneto, Mystique, Logan, Bishop, Polaris, Havok, Magik, Quicksilver, Cable, Dani, Domino.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The fact that you think Emma will be the center of anything but scorn in Hickman-verse is laughable. She will be SIGNIFICANTLY less relevant than any of the following:

Xavier, Scott, Jean, Storm, Kitty, Bobby, Hank, Magneto, Mystique, Logan, Bishop, Polaris, Havok, Magik, Quicksilver, Cable, Dani, Domino.
    You DO know that she's one of Hickman's favorites and has been seen significantly more than most of the characters you've listed, right?

The only characters we've seen more of than her are Xavier, Scott, Jean, Erik, Logan, and maybe Raven.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

... How would anyone expect Emma to be less relevant than Polaris in any official products from Marvel when Emma's been heavily promoted as a key player (at times on par with Jean) for a while now, while Lorna is hardly ever used and went a full decade not included in major X-Men events? Polaris isn't even on the original Mark Brooks promo illustration (or ANYTHING released yet, for that matter), while Emma is right there between Cyclops and Jean.

Similar might be said of other characters vs Emma, but I'm speaking from what I know.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    You DO know that she's one of Hickman's favorites and has been seen significantly more than most of the characters you've listed, right?

The only characters we've seen more of than her are Xavier, Scott, Jean, Erik, Logan, and maybe Raven.
    Rosenberg's "favorites" are Havok and Magik, and he's writing both like he's never heard of them before. Hickman's favorite Avenger is Captain America, and wrote him trying to kill Tony Stark as the universe ended. Hickman's run as Black Panther is reviled by BP fans, and that's another of his "favorites". Liking a character and doing anything meaningful are two entirely different things. Unless Hickman completely contradicts Rosenberg's run, which would be astoundingly outside the norm for a big name like Rosenberg, Emma is setup to barely exist as an obstacle to be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    ... How would anyone expect Emma to be less relevant than Polaris in any official products from Marvel when Emma's been heavily promoted as a key player (at times on par with Jean) for a while now, while Lorna is hardly ever used and went a full decade not included in major X-Men events? Polaris isn't even on the original Mark Brooks promo illustration (or ANYTHING released yet, for that matter), while Emma is right there between Cyclops and Jean.

Similar might be said of other characters vs Emma, but I'm speaking from what I know.
    Because Polaris will be there in a role somewhat comparable to the last couple years. If my prediction is right, Emma will be there to be an evil obstacle for the X-Men to overcome, and that's it.

Are we getting mad because Emma's a scene stealer? She is hardly the vortex of storylines in comparison to other heavily popular characters.

I say this as someone who hasn't really enjoyed Emma much in the past decade.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Hickman's favorite Avenger is Captain America, and wrote him trying to kill Tony Stark as the universe ended.
    I don't remember Hickman actually saying that.

Hickman's run as Black Panther is reviled by BP fans
    Not really, no. Just a couple of people that whine if T'challa isn't the single most badass person in the universe, that takes down every threat by himself. The vast majority love that run.

Unless Hickman completely contradicts Rosenberg's run, which would be astoundingly outside the norm for a big name like Rosenberg, Emma is setup to barely exist as an obstacle to be destroyed.
    Rosenberg is not really a big name, and Marvel has ignored even Bendis' run while he was still working at Marvel.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Hickman's run as Black Panther is reviled by BP fans
    What was wrong with Hickman's Black Panther? I thought he was cool

I love Duggan, but I’m not sure how much I want to see him on X-Men. I def want some big gigs for him at Marvel but not sure its this.

It seems that KT won`t write Gambit and Rogue after relaunch:

From KT`s tumblr:

Q: Thank you for the the best year of my life with Me and Mrs X. You took my two favorite mutants and made them shine, and not only that but grow and mature and learn to drop the petty stuff. To lean and depend on each other. I don't know what Marvel has plan for them but they better still be married, and I hope you will be writing them again.

A:

Thank you so much!

It meant the world to me to get to chart a new and exciting course for them…I hope it will stand the test of time (as much as something can in comics). I’m so grateful so many fans came along for the ride and fell in love…or fell in love again! No plans for writing them right now unfortunately…but maybe someday!