Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940 LastLast

A lot of those we already know are wrong though? And a lot were things we already knew at the time, or could have easily guessed/theorized...

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    A lot of those we already know are wrong though? And a lot were things we already knew at the time, or could have easily guessed/theorized...
    They were from a year ago, which a lot of things involved have fizzled out.

I hope that X-Men kids end up getting the New Mutants book. And that OG New Mutants and GenXers get put on main teams.

Is David Marquez the one that did Miles Morals Spider-Man and looks kind of like Sara Pichelli?

I believed it when it was leaked. It wasn't the first time Marvel's plans were leaked.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I hope that X-Men kids end up getting the New Mutants book. And that OG New Mutants and GenXers get put on main teams.

Is David Marquez the one that did Miles Morals Spider-Man and looks kind of like Sara Pichelli?
    I’m not sure if he was on Ult. Spider-Man with Bendis, but he did some art on Bendis’ all new X-Men, and was part of the Hunt for Wolverine one shot.

When it was leaked bleedingcool made review of it that it was false. Don't know why it pops up every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    When it was leaked bleedingcool made review of it that it was false. Don't know why it pops up every time.
    BC also said Hickman wasn’t writing X-Men

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    This is so fake. The only thing it gets right is Hickman on X-Men, which everyone was guessing(it doesn't even get the details about it right) and the fact that we're getting a New Mutants book, which is also an easy guess given the movie among other things. By the time this was posted we already knew about Psylocke due to the Dodson cover and Marvel released the Extermination teaser teasing the return of Cyclops.

Hickman's had a year to plan this and the MCU has got the rights to the X-men since then.

Maybe there'll be a few seeds from that original pitch but a lot of the focus is probably going to be on stories that could translate directly to the MCU ('Introducing mutants to a world that knows not their name').

On-screen Tony and Cap are dead, MCU Spiderman depends on S.ony playing ball. The X-men and F4 will be Marvel's IP generating comic franchises for the next few years. Expect B.I.G. I.D.E.A.S.
    Last edited by Foon4000; 07-20-2019 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    BC also said Hickman wasn’t writing X-Men
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...writing-x-men/
    I’m not saying that Jonathan Hickman won’t be writing mutant-based comics. But I understand that won’t be writing X-Men. Or Uncanny X-Men. Or any title with X-Men in the title. Or with a separate X, pronounced ‘ex’, part of Marvel’s mutant branding.

I understand the title may have an x in it. But not pronounced like that, or separated as is traditional with Marvel’s mutant titles.
    They were right, as this is referring to Powers of Ten.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Hickman's had a year to plan this and the MCU has got the rights to the X-men since then.

Maybe there'll be a few seeds from that original pitch but a lot of the focus is probably going to be on stories that could translate directly to the MCU ('Introducing mutants to a world that knows not their name').

On-screen Tony and Cap are dead, MCU Spiderman depends on S.ony playing ball. The X-men and F4 will be Marvel's IP generating comic franchises for the next few years. Expect B.I.G. I.D.E.A.S.
    Oh, I have no doubt in my mind that some of these concepts from HoX/PoX will make their way into the films and how the MCU chooses to introduce the X-men. 100%. All of this “secret history of mutants in the Marvel Universe” stuff just screams it. At least to me. I also think they might employ a Wanda/House of M or, more recently, an amped up Emma Frost wiping the minds of everyone on the planet approach to where have the mutants been all this time. Maybe it’ll be Xavier (and Fury/SHIELD?) who made everyone forget them. We’ll see.

Regardless, today’s the big day. Can’t wait to find out about these books later this afternoon! Whoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...writing-x-men/
    They were right, as this is referring to Powers of Ten.
    One of the titles coming out today or at least what was decoded is ‘X-Men’

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post

I disagree. I don't think a writer would change the story he's gonna write/or wrote just because of the studio buyout. I definitely don't think Hickman is the type to change his story. I don't think he would let something like that change what he wants to tell. If someone asked him to alter his story to be movie friendly after the buyout I'm sure there would be bitterness with the publisher it would risk a big stink.

I don't think Marvel writers think about movies when they write books, Hickman definitely doesn't. Ideas from this will be used in the movies but only inherently because they're Hickman ideas and they're cool.

I don't think the X-men will be in MCU for quite a while, Marvel has plans already, they don't usually course correct (which is what DC does wrong). Marvel doesn't need the X-men/F4 right now. They have lots of players they want to finish telling their stories. Marvel sources have said Feige is not planning on using X-men for a while too.

Comics and movie division are very separate and don't dictate each other's actions.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...-men-relaunch/

This has probably been posted already, but sounds like a pretty solid and tonally diverse line-up, judging by the titles alone.
    I do expect the rosters to be very different from what we might have seen, with the exception of maybe Excalibur and X-men.

Excalibur will probably go for the classic flavor if White's past comments about the team are any indication.
    X-men will obviously star the biggest names (Scott, Jean, Logan, Storm, maybe some different choices like Monet too).
    I hope to god New Mutants isn't a new Rosenberg book. This one could be about the future X-men from POX, the classic team or new younger X-kids.
    Then again, I can also see them giving the younger characters or the POX cast the Fallen Angels name.
    Marauders will be the new Weapon X type of book, hopefully with a better cast, Sinister in a lead role and better writing.
    I hope they get X-force right again. For a while under Remender that team seemed as important as the X-men, but Marvel botched too many relaunch attempts. Hoping we'll see classic Cable, Domino, Boom Boom and some fresh additions like maybe Magik and Sunfire.

The books do not excite me that much. I usually read the X-men books. I was hoping for two or three main X-men books. The X-men have such a huge cast we can have three books with the top tier characters. Though some of the main folks like Psylocke, Rogue, Gambit might show up in other places.

Fallen Angels is interesting depending on who or what it is about (if it has ties to the original). New Mutants is intriguing but if its about Glob and company I'm probably not buying. Excalibur can be good depending on the cast. We've had enough nostalgia we need bold new books. X-force could be that but again it depends on the story and the cast.