Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Guessing the post HoX/P10 books and creative lineup

I’m gonna try to guess what we’re getting post HoX/P10. We know Duggan and Lolli have something with Emma coming up and that Hickman is doing the flagship title. We also know that Rogue and Gambit will be on a team that they’ve never been on before that Kelly Thompson isn’t writing and that Hellion might be involved in another thing. Also, there will be new concepts but whether that means new X-teams is unclear, could just mean taking something like X-Factor is doing something brand new with it.

Uncanny X-Men by Hickman and Weaver or Camuncoli. Might not be called Uncanny, could be like ANAD Marvel where Extraordinary was the flagship. Team would probably be the one seen on the HoX #3 cover and addresses the new status quo for the mutants.

Wolverine by Cates or Sacks. He’s been back a year and hasn’t gotten his own solo ongoing yet. And who better to write it than Marvel’s favorite goth boy. Cates will probably reteam with one of his frequent collaborators.

X-Factor. Feels like it’s time that came back.

Excalibur by Williams or Zub. Whole lotta groundswell for this title to make a comeback. Williams wants the book to do new things while Zub has a throwback take on it. Which one would Marvel go for?

Second X-Men title by Hickman. If the flagship isn’t called Uncanny, this one will be. This’ll probably be the book where Hickman indulges in his love for Sam and Bobby. Also may be used to address the future X-Men from P10.

New X-Force title. Brisson’s run was just meant to close out plotlines from Extermination and has also been poorly received. New creative team can breathe new life into the title.

New X-23 book. Maybe Laura gets a new codename and the book is titled that, after the tepid response to Tamaki’s run. Eve Ewing has expressed interest in the character.

New Rogue and Gambit team. Not by Kelly Thompson (thank god). The only team they haven’t both been on is X-Force and Gambit makes sense for that team, but not Rogue. Might be a brand new team concept. Part of me thinks that this and the Duggan/Lolli Emma Frost project are one and the same.

I also have some predictions about creatives that may be involved in the X-line: Al Ewing, Zac Thompson/Lonnie Nadler, Vita Ayala, Jerome Opena, German Peralta, and Marcus To.

Also, I don’t know if y’all noticed but the exclusive wars are starting up again. DC got Marquez, Marvel got Gleason. A lot of people are predicting that Pichelli is next to follow Bendis to DC and if she goes, I guarantee Marvel is gonna get a DC artist and give them a nice cushy job in the X-books. My money’s on either Pete Woods or Bernard Chang.

EDIT: BC also mentioned that Camuncoli would be coming to the X-books back when we thought Rosenberg was gonna have a longer run, so mark him down for being involved too.

UPDATES: (1) Brisson may be doing something with Sabretooth (might be for DML) and Simone has more Domino in the pipeline after a break.

(2) Sacks’ Weapon X one-shot is promoted alongside House of X and Powers of X as being important. He could be writing Wolverine.

(3) Ben Percy knows what’s coming and has an unannounced for SDCC.

(4) First book announced! The X-Cellents by Milligan and Allred! Coming next year, so presumably part of Wave 2. Camuncoli also has an Image series with Soule and Snyder, so he’s out of the running for flagship artist.

(5) https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...354108928?s=21 DAUTERMAN, BABY!

(6) Kelly Thompson confirms she isn’t writing whatever book Rogue and Gambit are in on her tumblr.

(7) After cracking the code, the six books for Dawn of X are: X-Men, Marauders, X-Force, Excalibur, New Mutants, and Fallen Angels!
    Last edited by bigstupidjellyfish; 07-19-2019 at 02:49 PM.

I’m gonna add more but I think Kelly Thompson and Pere Perez are gonna do a relaunch for X-Men Legacy with Rogue, Gambit, Bling!, Armor, Pixie, and maybe Indra? Throw Legion in there if he doesn’t die.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I’m gonna add more but I think Kelly Thompson and Pere Perez are gonna do a relaunch for X-Men Legacy with Rogue, Gambit, Bling!, Armor, Pixie, and maybe Indra? Throw Legion in there if he doesn’t die.
    https://community.cbr.com/attachment...4&d=1558054807

She’s not writing Rogue and Gambit next.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

With Hickman doing the flagship, I could honestly see him going with the HOX 3 lineup.

I don't know much about him. But I hear he's a writer that is more into character depth & the soap drama. Plus JDW's comment about him redefining what X-Men style love is. If that's true, there would be plenty of it with Logan & Scott on a team with Jean. Then add in Emma as a recurring character....you'll have Soap for the ages. lol

He mentioned Monet as one of his favorite mutants, so I could see him picking her to start working with since she hasn't gotten the spotlight his Sunspot & Cannonball have. So he can start working a bit with her & pulling her into recognition more. Hell she was in Weapon X, and I was reading a good number of comments with people who didn't know who she was. When she was on the cover with Creed, some were wondering why Silver Fox was hugging him. lol

I'd say Nick Spencer or/and Al Erwing.
    Both of them wrote Avengers titles while Hickman was in the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    https://community.cbr.com/attachment...4&d=1558054807

She’s not writing Rogue and Gambit next.
    That's a relief. It's about time Rogue is fully reintroduced to the main X-Books. Her tenures in Wood's X-Men and Soule's Astonishing were pretty lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    With Hickman doing the flagship, I could honestly see him going with the HOX 3 lineup.

I don't know much about him. But I hear he's a writer that is more into character depth & the soap drama. Plus JDW's comment about him redefining what X-Men style love is. If that's true, there would be plenty of it with Logan & Scott on a team with Jean. Then add in Emma as a recurring character....you'll have Soap for the ages. lol

He mentioned Monet as one of his favorite mutants, so I could see him picking her to start working with since she hasn't gotten the spotlight his Sunspot & Cannonball have. So he can start working a bit with her & pulling her into recognition more. Hell she was in Weapon X, and I was reading a good number of comments with people who didn't know who she was. When she was on the cover with Creed, some were wondering why Silver Fox was hugging him. lol
    My top five X-Men are Gambit, Cyclops, Kitty, Nightcrawler, and a rotating fifth slot. Monet frequently occupies that fifth slot, so happy she’s gonna get some loving soon.

Hickman is very big picture, really into world building and sci-fi concepts. Check out his run on Ultimates/Ultimate Hawkeye for an example of this that isn’t long as hell. Also, I think his X-Men will be a spiritual successor to that stuff.
    Last edited by bigstupidjellyfish; 05-17-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Spencer’s making Amazing Spider-Man money now, he’s too big to play second fiddle to Hickman again. I feel like Ewing is almost a definite though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Someone should post the reveals we've been getting. We get creative teams, but the books they're on remain a mystery.

Like this.
    Creative Teams1.jpg
    I have seen a good few around. Now if only I can remember where I was finding them most. lol

Someone should post the reveals we've been getting. We get creative teams, but the books they're on remain a mystery.

Like this.
    Creative Teams1.jpg
    I have seen a good few around. Now if only I can remember where I was finding them most. lol
    That’s for Marvel 1000. Completely unrelated to this.

That’s for Marvel 1000. Completely unrelated to this.
    Are all of those for Marvel 1000, or just Rosenberg? For example I found that on Rosenberg's twitter, but I know it's not for an X-book. But I have seen other teams released there.

Extraordinary Member

I could not even begin to guess, but that is because I feel like none of the old stuff is coming back. There won't be all the old teams/concepts back with updates. This is being compared to Giant Sized X-Men, X-Men, Age of Apocalypse, New X-Men. Expect radical changes.

Don't look back.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I could not even begin to guess, but that is because I feel like none of the old stuff is coming back. There won't be all the old teams/concepts back with updates. This is being compared to Giant Sized X-Men, X-Men, Age of Apocalypse, New X-Men. Expect radical changes.

Don't look back.
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05...e-powers-of-x/

JH: At the conclusion of our 12 weeks of HOX and POX, we'll be launching an entire new universe of X-books. Some will be traditional fare, some carry through on ideas presented in HOX and POX. Some books are completely new concepts. I, personally, will be writing the ongoing flagship X-book.

Are all of those for Marvel 1000, or just Rosenberg? For example I found that on Rosenberg's twitter, but I know it's not for an X-book. But I have seen other teams released there.
    All of them are for Marvel 1000.

All of them are for Marvel 1000.
    Thanks. No worries then. I know I never wanted Rosenberg back on anything I may wanna read anytime soon. lol His Uncanny can't end soon enough.

Anyway, I can't wait until the SDCC. Hopefully with Hickman, this will be a good one. Can't say that for the previous ones. I think he said we'd get some more creative team reveals.

But I definitely see him doing a flagship with Jean, Scott, and Logan for sure.