Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    If they even bother to remember that in favor of more Jogan drama. lol
    You guys just don't want to see jean happy.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    You guys just don't want to see jean happy.
    It'd be great to see her happy. Not with Scott or Logan. lol

Scott wanted Emma. Let him have Emma.
    Logan has had almost everyone else, let him stay there. Rogue, Storm, Domino, along with the 5+ love interests he has in every solo. Honestly, putting him with Mariko for a good while would be the best option. Assuming he can stay faithful. lol

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Exactly. I like the council approach. And when it comes to that selection of characters in particular there's so much shared history and so many interesting character dynamics to make use of. I'd fully expect Logan on that council though. Probably Hank. And ideally Dani, Betsy & Rogue. I recall Exodus & Callisto being mentioned many moons ago for an X-Council too, as representatives for other mutant factions. I'd die if that concept became a reality.
    I am even fond of the council approach in...(Hadari Yao, forgive me)...IvX where the leaders of each team came together to deal with the Terrigen Crisis. If a Council were to come together, I'd envision X, Cyclops, Black King, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast, Magneto, Mirage, Rogue, Prodigy, Exodus, Callisto, and Abigail Brand as the sort of team that encompasses a large sector of mutantkind. They wouldn't have to be the only ones to sit in on the meetings, but it's a good start.

I think we're going to be looking at an 'X-Men World' much like the 'Avengers World' concept Hickman came up with. A wide and extensive cast that caters to many strengths. And yes, fancy chairs again please.
    Hickman said that there are so many X-characters that need attention (not verbatim, just a little paraphrasing) and that he'd rather develop them than just introduce a generation of new mutants is music to my ears. I may have already said it on the NXM thread but I'm hoping this era is Utopia on steroids where the cast is much looser and it gives time to more than just the O5/ANAD generations. And seeing Monet and Husk(?) on #3 is already a good sign of things to come. I can see the New Mutants and Generation X getting a ton of limelight in this era.

I stg, I still don't understand how in the hell Logan has managed to entice so many women. Please no more. I'm personally hoping for him & Mariko to get back together now they're both in the world of the living. Hopefully Hickman steers clear of the bizarre love square that is Logan/Scott/Jean/Emma. It's been done, and I'd hate for his book to just derail into shipping wars.
    Yes pleaseeee. There's been so many new relationships and opportunities for brand new ones to form that we shouldn't still be stuck in that boring love square. Logan and Mariko, Jean could be alone or get with Bishop, Emma could be alone or finally develop something with Banshee, Cyclops could and should be alone for just a little bit longer. I'd hate to keep reading those four running around in the same Morrison circle, especially if the franchise is going to get to do something new and innovative.

also MonetxJubilee forever.
    Last edited by Tycon; 05-25-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

God, why does every thread has to devolve into Cyclops or Wolverine hate?

Imagine how horrible would be if that happened with any other character.

Like seriously, they are heroes good guys like the other X-men, they also aren't going anywhere or aren't the culprits of every other character problems.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-25-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yes pleaseeee. There's been so many new relationships and opportunities for brand new ones to form that we shouldn't still be stuck in that boring love square. Logan and Mariko, Jean could be alone or get with Bishop, Emma could be alone or finally develop something with Banshee, Cyclops could and should be alone for just a little bit longer. I'd hate to keep reading those four running around in the same Morrison circle, especially if the franchise is going to get to do something new and innovative.

also MonetxJubilee forever.
    Honestly, we'll have to see if Hickman's X-Men plans are over-hyped or not. Because despite being advertised as a brand new direction, and everyone thinking these great changes are coming, we have gotten a ton of factory resets. Some are for the better. Others just seem like lack of imagination.

So understandable to think the romances may be the same in the future -by Hickman or otherwise.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-25-2019 at 01:13 PM.

I'm down for MonetxJubilee.

I also would love to see more JeanXBishop.

BANNED

Monet and Jubilee are completely straight characters

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Monet and Jubilee are completely straight characters
    So was Iceman until he wasn't

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I'm down for MonetxJubilee.

I also would love to see more JeanXBishop.
    I'd like more Jean x Bishop as well.

I was feeling Jubilee x Chamber, but that was a new ship X-Office wasn't invested in either. Typical for me.

For Monet. Long as we don't revisit any of her X-factor romances & she's not made a fool of, I'll tolerate it.. lol

Never been on board with her & Jubilee becoming lovers. Fememies or bickering sisters, sure. But I'll take that over Lean Williams wanting her with Emma. Yuck!
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-25-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Some of yall are honestly obsessed with shipping drama while pretending you hate it. Every single thread devolves into it even if it has nothing to do with the topic smh

Let us pray that the most important moment in X-Men history is Hickman confirming that mutants are asexually reproducing seahorses and that all romance was a lie.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Some of yall are honestly obsessed with shipping drama while pretending you hate it. Every single thread devolves into it even if it has nothing to do with the topic smh
    It is the most difficult topic, which is sad because it should be something cool and enjoyable. I blame Morrison for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It'd be great to see her happy. Not with Scott or Logan. lol

Scott wanted Emma. Let him have Emma.
    I hate the fact that people still believe that Scott wanted Emma instead of Jean. If I remember correctly Scott was torn in the fact that he had basically been raped by Apocalypse and seeing Jean once again exhibit god-like powers. He has no one to turn to because he feels that his relationship with Jean hadnÂ’t evolved beyond their academy days.
    Emma did offer to help him which led to sessions...lots of debate if this was considered cheating or not...I think it was. Jean discovered these sessions, which Scott knew she would. Chaos ensued...Jean died...Scott left everything and was rewarded for his choice by being psychically mind changed to be with Emma.
    I feel bad for Scott because I believe this led him to become someone he wouldnt have thought possible as a teenager. Yes it made him an anti hero that lots of readers liked.
    I hope Hickman addresses this in his limited series. I hate that scotts story is presented in comic book form. It only allows for a few dimensions of him.
    Comic pages are shorter now and rely more on action with little opportunity for true growth. I hate that thought bubbles are not used anymore.
    I hope the past is addressed. I hate that writers gloss over other storylines as if nothing happened.will Jean continue to see Bishop? I donÂ’t know. But I feel a it would be a huge travesty if none of this is addressed

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Romance in marvel comics is almost asexual. Sorry addressing other post
    Last edited by jsg2295; 05-25-2019 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Oops

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    So was Iceman until he wasn't

I blame Lorna lol