Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 281
  1. #196
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I'm down for MonetxJubilee.

    I also would love to see more JeanXBishop.
    Bishop chased and tried to murder Jean's family for more than 15 years. Dating him would actually be the worst thing to ever happen to the character, would make her seem like a bitch that would betray her family just to get some dick; that would be like Susan Richards abandoning the F4 to be with Doom and ignoring the fact he literally sent her kids to Hell, among other things. It would automatically make her a villain in the eyes of fans of Scott, Cable and Hope.

    That said, JDW already revealed it was an afterthought and since Hickman is planning and writing this story before AoX, it's clear he won't even address it and will likely be forgotten as it should be.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    I hate the fact that people still believe that Scott wanted Emma instead of Jean. If I remember correctly Scott was torn in the fact that he had basically been raped by Apocalypse and seeing Jean once again exhibit god-like powers. He has no one to turn to because he feels that his relationship with Jean hadnĀ’t evolved beyond their academy days.
    Emma did offer to help him which led to sessions...lots of debate if this was considered cheating or not...I think it was. Jean discovered these sessions, which Scott knew she would. Chaos ensued...Jean died...Scott left everything and was rewarded for his choice by being psychically mind changed to be with Emma.
    I feel bad for Scott because I believe this led him to become someone he wouldnt have thought possible as a teenager. Yes it made him an anti hero that lots of readers liked.
    I hope Hickman addresses this in his limited series. I hate that scotts story is presented in comic book form. It only allows for a few dimensions of him.
    Comic pages are shorter now and rely more on action with little opportunity for true growth. I hate that thought bubbles are not used anymore.
    I hope the past is addressed. I hate that writers gloss over other storylines as if nothing happened.will Jean continue to see Bishop? I donĀ’t know. But I feel a it would be a huge travesty if none of this is addressed
    As was discussed before in other threads (many times) you're wrong. Morrison's story only makes sense if Scott wanted to be with Emma, but chose to leave after Jean died because of guilt and depression. He even says to Emma (with a smile on his face ,IIRC) in of the issues before Jean died (the first when they reunite after Scott went with Logan and Emma was shot) that he made his choice (which doesn't make sense if he's staying with Jean, as he's already married to her).

    If the story is that Scott didn't want to be with Emma, then the Phoenix Force was essentially raping him for years using Emma as a proxy without her knowledge by forcing them to stay together. If the story is that Scott wanted to be with her, but chose not because of guilt and grief, then it's about the PF allowing Scott to move forward with his life.

    Anyway, to get back on topic, I don't imagine Hickman putting that much focus on romance, at early on, nor him really believing in "OTPs" that should be together just because they're classic, but rather putting characters together if he believe it could lead to better stories.

  2. #197
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Let us pray that the most important moment in X-Men history is Hickman confirming that mutants are asexually reproducing seahorses and that all romance was a lie.
    *mind blown* it was there in front of us the whole time...

  3. #198
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    If they even bother to remember that in favor of more Jogan drama. lol
    What is a Jogan? JDW couldn't care less, their reunion was crap as hell

  4. #199
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

    For Monet. Long as we don't revisit any of her X-factor romances & she's not made a fool of, I'll tolerate it.. lol

    Never been on board with her & Jubilee becoming lovers. Fememies or bickering sisters, sure. But I'll take that over Lean Williams wanting her with Emma. Yuck!
    I can't believe her fans haven't called her out on that, it's so disguising and inappropriate, shows terrible taste too

  5. #200
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I'm down for MonetxJubilee.

    I also would love to see more JeanXBishop.
    Jean and Bishop was interesting. But unfortunaly it is over, barely started and is over
    From JDW own words it was to give Jean another relationship since she always has been on one. I guess she will be back with Scott on Hickman run.

    Jubilee and Laura is a good deal

    I was so surprised Hickman is a big fan of x-men, because his writing style is so different from X-men

  6. #201
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    I can't believe her fans haven't called her out on that, it's so disguising and inappropriate, shows terrible taste too
    Yeah, this shows she doesn't think all that much about what she's doing and will just want to do whatever she thinks looks cool.

  7. #202
    Astonishing Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,412

    Default

    Getting back on topic, trying again at guesses. Not as familiar with all the artists.

    1. Matteo Lolli & Gerry Duggan are working on a series that will include Emma. Given the timing, I am thinking it may be in X-book. Maybe he'll get a satellite. But what name it'll have is questionable. They probably aren't gonna do color themed names again. So that's in the air. It may very well be X-Factor. Can't wait to see. Lolli is one of my fav. artists.

    2.Gail Simone will be back on Domino again. She said it was only pausing after Hotshots, not ending.

    3. Hickman has the flagship. All that's left is to guess his lineup. I think it'll be similar to his HOX 3 cover. Scott, Logan, and Jean, Xavier, and Kurt seem like shoe-ins there. Kinda makes sense to use the bigger names on the flagship. He may keep Monet so he can get a chance to work with her a bit more and give her more exposure among the senior stars.

    4/ We know Logan will get his solo relaunched as well. If Sacks doesn't get it, I can see Soule jumping on again.

    5. I was fearing Greg Pak's return, but it seems the last new book he's doing may be the Agents of Atlas series that's launching in Jul. Seems that may be the last new book he said wasn't announced yet a month ago.

  8. #203
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,280

    Default

    The Duggan book might just be a mini or one-shot, or not even have Emma as a regular; all we have is one panel with her. I wouldn't be surprised if Emma and Magneto go to Hickman's main book, considering how much he likes them both. Of course, it's possible they both appear in more than one.

  9. #204
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Duggan is a Emma fanboy. Emma fans are going for a feast, this will be probably be like the 2000s for the character

  10. #205
    Spectacular Member jsg2295's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    113

    Default

    John Byrne will come back and rewrite what should have happened from 139-150.

  11. #206
    Astonishing Member King_Thor13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That would avoid fights about leadership
    Well I'm sure they'd still argue among themselves, but they can vote on the important decisions.

    It is very uncomfortable that Blob on AOXM looks so much like JDW
    I couldn't agree more. Another thing they have in common is that despite all efforts I can't bring myself to like them shrug

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It'd be great to see her happy. Not with Scott or Logan. lol

    Scott wanted Emma. Let him have Emma.
    Logan has had almost everyone else, let him stay there. Rogue, Storm, Domino, along with the 5+ love interests he has in every solo. Honestly, putting him with Mariko for a good while would be the best option. Assuming he can stay faithful. lol
    Of that entire love square the only couple I actually enjoyed was Jean & Scott, but I don't think they'll ever have the same chemistry they used to have, nor do I think forcing a romantic reunion is the right answer. And with the passionate fans who are adamant that they're bad for each other or whatever, it might be best just to avoid that can of worms altogether.

    I honestly think that both Emma & Scott can, and should, do better.

    And the amount of women on the X-Men that Logan has been with is alarmingly high. It's gross. Thank the X-Gods his healing factor should take care of any STDs because that short hairy Canadian sure sleeps around.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I am even fond of the council approach in...(Hadari Yao, forgive me)...IvX where the leaders of each team came together to deal with the Terrigen Crisis. If a Council were to come together, I'd envision X, Cyclops, Black King, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast, Magneto, Mirage, Rogue, Prodigy, Exodus, Callisto, and Abigail Brand as the sort of team that encompasses a large sector of mutantkind. They wouldn't have to be the only ones to sit in on the meetings, but it's a good start.
    Prodigy is a good call. I'm not sure if Abigail Brand is an integral part of the X-Men. Cable or Havok could be important if they're leading or co-leading teams post HoX/P10 (X-Force & X-Factor if they're around). Moira, Danger, Doctor Nemesis and Kavita Rao could all be attendees, as well as anyone else who might be important to the story.
    Really it's a good idea to have a lot of people voicing their opinions and weighing in on important decisions. I'd be neat to explore that ideology of the whole mutant nation concept that recently came about in X-Men Red again. I imagine a situation somewhat like the small council in Game of Thrones, or the early gathering of gods in the Wicked & the Divine. Conversations about delegating resources and where to send teams and such.

    Hickman said that there are so many X-characters that need attention (not verbatim, just a little paraphrasing) and that he'd rather develop them than just introduce a generation of new mutants is music to my ears. I may have already said it on the NXM thread but I'm hoping this era is Utopia on steroids where the cast is much looser and it gives time to more than just the O5/ANAD generations. And seeing Monet and Husk(?) on #3 is already a good sign of things to come. I can see the New Mutants and Generation X getting a ton of limelight in this era.
    I'm all for this. I feel like it's been said by fans for a long time but writers have rarely acted on it. We don't need new mutants, however cool they might be, when we've dozens of X-Men primed for usage. The thought of seeing Jean alongside Shiro, Monet, Dani, Santo & Iara (just to pull random names from across the generations) has always seemed like a dream that would never become a reality. There are so many untapped character relationships and dynamics that are begging for a writer to come along and make use of. You wouldn't think it, but even after all these years of the X-Men gracing our comicbook pages, a lot of them haven't ever had a conversation or even met on panel.

    P.S. Why does everyone seem to think that's Husk in the #3 cover? It looks like Hope to me.

    Yes pleaseeee. There's been so many new relationships and opportunities for brand new ones to form that we shouldn't still be stuck in that boring love square. Logan and Mariko, Jean could be alone or get with Bishop, Emma could be alone or finally develop something with Banshee, Cyclops could and should be alone for just a little bit longer. I'd hate to keep reading those four running around in the same Morrison circle, especially if the franchise is going to get to do something new and innovative.
    The thing is, regardless of who you're rooting for and whether or not you think those relationships work or not, they've been done before. Over and over again. How many times can we rehash those relationships without it getting stale? As the characters grow and change as individuals, it's illogical for them to return to their exes too. There's so much baggage to deal with, and jumping back into bed with someone just because they're familiar isn't really a great thing to advocate.

    The reason I continue to root for Logan and Mariko is because their romance hasn't been seen since the 90s, and I'd love to see what a modern take on their relationship would look like.

    As for Emma & Sean, there was such a buildup and it never really happened. Assuming his undead state and remnants of the death seed are purged from his system I see no reason as to why the Irish bachelor and the Black King can't pick up where they left off all those years ago.

    I'm fine with Jean and Scott staying single for the time being. There's nobody that immediately comes to mind that I'd pair them with, not there's nothing wrong with being single anyways!

  12. #207
    Mighty Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,706

    Default

    I want to see Vita Ayla on X-book after she doing great work on Prisoner X. She also doing pretty good Livewire feels like it could be an X-man book
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-26-2019 at 04:25 AM.

  13. #208
    Comic Geek in General
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Woodbury, NJ
    Posts
    338

    Default

    I imagine that if there’s romance in the X-Books (Both the usual suspects and new pairings), it would be in the X Books that Hickman isn’t writing (not to say he won’t be anti romance, but if he would rather deal with world building , epic adventures, etc over who’s dating/ Whatever who, then he’d want another writer deal with the more smaller scale, character building moments).......

  14. #209
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,806

    Default

    But didn’t Hickman also give Cannonball a wife and family while he was doing all the world building epic stuff in his Avengers run? Or was that a different writer?

  15. #210
    Mighty Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    But didn’t Hickman also give Cannonball a wife and family while he was doing all the world building epic stuff in his Avengers run? Or was that a different writer?
    Yeah I was going to say the same thing,That was definitely Hickman.

    Hickman says he is X-men big fan,He knows relationships and interpersonal drama are part of the X-men. Hickman is just more likely to that in a big story than to make the relationship drama the story.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-27-2019 at 01:06 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •