Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

The more I think about it, the more I believe that the flagship X-Men book post HOXPOX will be drawn by Giuseppe Camuncoli. Hear me out:

The (very good) Darth Vader series he did with Charles Soule ended in December (the book launched when White was editor of the Star Wars titles), the same month Extermination ended. Larraz went straight from Extermination to House of X and when Silva finished Disassembled, he went straight into Powers of X. Camuncoli also did a lot of covers in the X-office during 2018 and did the final batch of covers for Disassembled.

Camuncoli drew all twenty five issues of that Darth Vader series, a feat unheard of by modern comics standards. I think Hickman knew exactly who he wanted to work with and chose Larraz and Silva for the minis and Camuncoli for the main ongoing. Which worked out because after doing twenty five issues back-to-back, no breaks, you’re gonna need a vacation. He recently did some pages in Star Wars #108, but what now?

Him and *Ramos’ usual spots in the Spider-Man books have been taken by Ryan Ottley and Pat Gleason. He’s worked with White extensively. He can handle long runs with no breaks. He’s the perfect X-Men artist when you think about it. Calling it now, [Uncanny or other suitable adjective] X-Men #1 by Jonathan Hickman and Giuseppe Camuncoli will be out in October.

*NOTE: I mention Ramos because Marvel mentioned him having a secret project during the Gleason announcement. I doubt it’s Marvel Comics #1001 or the December event. Ramos on Wolverine maybe?
    Last edited by bigstupidjellyfish; 05-31-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Could that mean that Xavier is secretly wearing the mask of Lord Momin?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Could that mean that Xavier is secretly wearing the mask of Lord Momin?
    Lol maybe. I just looked him up on social media. He does not have an Instagram or a Twitter, but apparently he drew a graphic novel biography about some race car driver, while working on Darth Vader and it just came out.

I think our new X-Men artist is on coke or is, like, constantly doing acid while he works, y’all. I don’t think this man sleeps.

Ramos

Comic Geek in General

I’d doubt they’ll go for him, but Simon Furman, just to have Furmanisms in Marvel......again, on Excalibur......with Davis or Wildman on art

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

First wave:

Uncanny—Hickman/Larraz
    X-Factor—Rosenberg/Camuncoli
    Wolverine—Brisson/Roberson
    Deadpool—I don’t give a ****.
    Alpha Flight—Zub/Sandoval

Second Wave:

Adjectiveless/Astonishing—Hickman/Silva
    X-Force—Brisson/Burnett (I like the book)
    Domino—Simone/Bazaldua
    Excalibur—Ewing/Jacinto
    Daken—Gabrych/Lashley

Third Wave:

New Mutants—Rosenberg/Asrar
    Hellfire Club—Duggan/Lolli
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Rosenberg on New Mutants again would be the worst. He should be kept away from these characters, otherwise they'll all be killed in ridiculous ways over time and not even get a good story out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post

Third Wave:

New Mutants—Rosenberg/Asrar
    Hellfire Club—Duggan/Lolli
    The latter -- whatever it's called -- should be first wave, since we've already been shown preview art, and in the last interview update they were still assembling the creative teams for the second wave.

Have not heard any mention of a third wave yet, but it will be coming obviously. As will wave four, five, six and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Rosenberg on New Mutants again would be the worst. He should be kept away from these characters, otherwise they'll all be killed in ridiculous ways over time and not even get a good story out of it.
    I don't think that's going to be an issue after UXM. But I'm generally displeased with how he handles Karma, so not a pairing for my wishlist regardless.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Rosenberg in NM...ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    The latter -- whatever it's called -- should be first wave, since we've already been shown preview art, and in the last interview update they were still assembling the creative teams for the second wave..
    I think people are putting too much faith on the Duggan thing; might be a series or not, but all we have is one panel in which Emma appears. For all we know, she's a guest star.

I was lurking around on Something Awful and I saw this: https://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...&pagenumber=78

Specifically, the post from Blockhouse: “Man if the rumor that was floating around along with the titles of the books before the announcement was even a little true the reaction is going to be interesting

spoilers:
    For references sake said rumor was it's revealed all mutants are immortal”
    end of spoilers

Anyone know anything about this? Where can we find this rumor? It kinda makes sense when you remember spoilers:
    Hickman’s love for the Eternals.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I was lurking around on Something Awful and I saw this: https://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...&pagenumber=78

Specifically, the post from Blockhouse: “Man if the rumor that was floating around along with the titles of the books before the announcement was even a little true the reaction is going to be interesting

spoilers:
    For references sake said rumor was it's revealed all mutants are immortal”
    end of spoilers

Anyone know anything about this? Where can we find this rumor? It kinda makes sense when you remember spoilers:
    Hickman’s love for the Eternals.
    end of spoilers
    Huge, if true.

spoilers:
    I heard some rumors about it, too. idk if it was from forums or from Twitter but it’d be cool. It would explain Dazzler and Cannonball, but I’d be scratching my head at Icarus and Onyxx. Unless it only applies to certain mutants, which would be hilariously meta in it’s own right.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Huge, if true.

spoilers:
    I heard some rumors about it, too. idk if it was from forums or from Twitter but it’d be cool. It would explain Dazzler and Cannonball, but I’d be scratching my head at Icarus and Onyxx. Unless it only applies to certain mutants, which would be hilariously meta in it’s own right.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If true, I’m thinking it’s more like mutants can be killed but they can’t die, know what I mean?
    end of spoilers

Would be really crazy but at the same time.... maybe boring? AOX-Man and Uncanny stories makes me to believe that it can be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Would be really crazy but at the same time.... maybe boring? AOX-Man and Uncanny stories makes me to believe that it can be true.
    Purp, I’ll take boring over “all mutants are immune to AIDS” like Chuck Austen gave us lol.