Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    IVX was pitched by Editors and forced on Lemire's Extraordinary. That book was lame but I think it was mostly Editor`s fault.

I hope Hickman`s relaunch will be good because it is something that writer sujested and were not just forced by editors.
    To be honest I think the former goes for a lot of the writers from the semi-recent past... I guess the constraints of a corporate-owned book feel too castrating for some creators. Otherwise excellent writers like Ed Brubaker and Matt Fraction are usually light years ahead of what they created on Uncanny X-Men.

I think it's a different scenario if writers are given the kind of leeway Jonathan Hickman seems to have been afforded, to really put their stamp on the books and not work within a pre-determined narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    That's like Aaron, who went from Wolverine and the X-Men to Thor.
    Wasn't he writing both at the same time? WATXM did relaunch eventually, but that was a while after he took over Thor.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Thought it was interesting that the Weapon Plus one-shot was lumped in with HoX/PoX in the previews page this week as all being part of the next big thing.

Post that please, advert pages tend to be absent from digital editions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Post that please, advert pages tend to be absent from digital editions.
    I think it was in the note from the editor section at the back.

BANNED

What cranger said.

I’ve heard good things about Sacks. If he wrote Wolverine, that’d be good, right?

BANNED

Sacks is actually pretty great, Old Man Hawkeye went super hard, his characterization and action scenes were on point, and his What If? was very nice, I haven't read OMQuill because not a fan of the character
    Sacks, Duggan, Pak, Percy, Loveness and Robbie Thompson get my votes to win the Loganbowl and write a Wolverine series when it eventually relaunches. Hopefully he gets a a few series so all these fun writers who love him could take him on. Just not Soule or Taylor and I'd be happy.

I actually love a lot of his work but Lemire was never going to write a great X-Men flagship IMO. He needed a satellite or solo to flex his best muscles. With that said, I think if he did do the latter we would've had a critical darling a la Tom King's Vision series.

Comic Geek in General

We know Wolverine, and Emma Frost, any other solo books out there that we could get? Maybe another Gambit/ Rogue book, or Cable......

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    We know Wolverine, and Emma Frost, any other solo books out there that we could get? Maybe another Gambit/ Rogue book, or Cable......
    X-23 is almost certainly going to get another solo. Probably not first wave, but I'd imagine she'll be in the second wave.

https://twitter.com/benjamin_percy/s...594891777?s=21

https://twitter.com/benjamin_percy/s...775860225?s=21

If Ben Percy is doing an X-book I will be very excited. His Nightwing was great until DC fucked it up, and I’m still way behind on the Wolverine podcast, but I like what I’ve heard so far.

Wolverine would be the most obvious choice considering the podcast, but maybe it’s a team book?

Also, read his maggot truck thread.
    Last edited by bigstupidjellyfish; 06-19-2019 at 07:14 PM.

As they are suggesting all will change with the same effect we saw after AoA and during New X-men and so on. I guess we will find ourselves in a new era with line-ups we did not expect or seen before.

Also they recently killed of quite a few, so we will not be seeing Blindfold, Chamber, Wolfsbane and so in that.

Hickman brought back focus on Moonstar and Hope a bit, so guess he likes them. They might be getting a team to lead. But not as you might expect. So no new Mutants for Dani, or kids for Hope.

He also seems to like students like Armor, Rockslide and Glob, as he gave them a story during disassembled and they got a series in AoXM, so there might be a new students book. Though I rather see Hellion and Surge in it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    https://twitter.com/benjamin_percy/s...594891777?s=21

https://twitter.com/benjamin_percy/s...775860225?s=21

If Ben Percy is doing an X-book I will be very excited. His Nightwing was great until DC fucked it up, and I’m still way behind on the Wolverine podcast, but I like what I’ve heard so far.

Wolverine would be the most obvious choice considering the podcast, but maybe it’s a team book?

Also, read his maggot truck thread.
    Cool! X books need more fresh blood.

pls someone cool relaunch x-force
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate