Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    to be fair

mauraders is too cool a name to blow on those jobbers
    Yes. But if X-Force is active, what could be the concept of a Marauders' book? The name has been tied to villains far too long to belong to a traditional super-hero team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    One of the titles coming out today or at least what was decoded is ‘X-Men’
    The article is a few months old, remember. They didn't know about the six new books at the time, and obviously heard something about Powers of X. They were right that Hickman wouldn't be taking over the line with a book called X-Men, but instead with some other X title. And even got the pronunciation thing right. They probably just thought that book would be an ongoing, rather than a mini that leads into a new X-Men series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wouldn’t mind New Mutants either being a mix of the OG and Dani’s squad:

Or just Dani’s former squad finally taking over their legacy name. The OG New Mutants are too grown for that name and it was only cute in 2009 because it was a reunion title and you can only have so many reunion tours before you end up looking a little dusty. Or it’s an entirely new concept for the New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The article is a few months old, remember. They didn't know about the six new books at the time, and obviously heard something about Powers of X. They were right that Hickman wouldn't be taking over the line with a book called X-Men, but instead with some other X title. And even got the pronunciation thing right. They probably just thought that book would be an ongoing, rather than a mini that leads into a new X-Men series.
    That’s my point, though. This rumor, which was probably just lucky, got HOXPOX right and Jonathan writing either “X-Men” or a title like that. BC dismissed the rumors just cause they didn’t know, so who knows what else they dismissed that could still be true.

BANNED

I'm feeling we won't even see the rosters today, just the creative teams. Might be too spoilery to show who gets to hang out with who post HoX/PoX.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I'm feeling we won't even see the rosters today, just the creative teams. Might be too spoilery to show who gets to hang out with who post HoX/PoX.
    Disagree, there is way too much promotion for Marvel to not reveal the lineups today. I can understanding omitting certain characters that may be too important, but we should at least get most of the team reveals today. No bigger place to promote than SDCC.

BANNED

Maybe they’ll bring back the silhouetted covers from Regenesis.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I wouldn't necessarily expect the classic titles to feature the characters usually associated with those titles to be honest - I think we might have a mix of both familiar and brand-new even though the title is old (think Milligan/Allred's X-Force)

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It would be just like the Marvel Promotional team to release a teaser that says “all will be revealed” just to only tell us a title and creative team, but I’m hoping, praying, begging even that they’ve learned from previous book reveals.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    *fart noises*
    Last edited by Tycon; 07-20-2019 at 08:21 AM.

BANNED

Remember last year’s SDCC when Akira-sempai said the X-Men panel was going to be huge and all they did was reveal Uncanny X-Men would be back later in the year?

I wouldn’t mind New Mutants either being a mix of the OG and Dani’s squad:

Or just Dani’s former squad finally taking over their legacy name. The OG New Mutants are too grown for that name and it was only cute in 2009 because it was a reunion title and you can only have so many reunion tours before you end up looking a little dusty. Or it’s an entirely new concept for the New Mutants.

That’s my point, though. This rumor, which was probably just lucky, got HOXPOX right and Jonathan writing either “X-Men” or a title like that. BC dismissed the rumors just cause they didn’t know, so who knows what else they dismissed that could still be true.
    The first one would be perfection.
    My dream New Mutants team is a mix of OG and NXM where they become a new international X-Corps (but with the NM name).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Disagree, there is way too much promotion for Marvel to not reveal the lineups today. I can understanding omitting certain characters that may be too important, but we should at least get most of the team reveals today. No bigger place to promote than SDCC.
    That would be excellent and I hope you're right.

It would be just like the Marvel Promotional team to release a teaser that says “all will be revealed” just to only tell us a title and creative team, but I’m hoping, praying, begging even that they’ve learned from previous book reveals.
    That's why I'm kinda nervous LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I love those covers for suspense..

"Fallen Angels" coming back maybe means Ariel's Comeback...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'd be happy with just the confirmation of the titles and creative teams if the character rosters would reveal anything about the outcome of HOX/POX tbh... the first issues are not even out and I hope whatever Marvel announces is on the non-spoilery side.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...-men-relaunch/

This has probably been posted already, but sounds like a pretty solid and tonally diverse line-up, judging by the titles alone.
    I do expect the rosters to be very different from what we might have seen, with the exception of maybe Excalibur and X-men.

Excalibur will probably go for the classic flavor if White's past comments about the team are any indication.
    X-men will obviously star the biggest names (Scott, Jean, Logan, Storm, maybe some different choices like Monet too).
    I hope to god New Mutants isn't a new Rosenberg book. This one could be about the future X-men from POX, the classic team or new younger X-kids.
    Then again, I can also see them giving the younger characters or the POX cast the Fallen Angels name.
    Marauders will be the new Weapon X type of book, hopefully with a better cast, Sinister in a lead role and better writing.
    I hope they get X-force right again. For a while under Remender that team seemed as important as the X-men, but Marvel botched too many relaunch attempts. Hoping we'll see classic Cable, Domino, Boom Boom and some fresh additions like maybe Magik and Sunfire.
    Interesting guesses, My Guess

X-men-Flagship book so Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Storm, Beast... Basically, the big guns reestablishing who the X-men are and test case for who might show up in an MCU X-men movie

X-force- Traditional we have Gold/Blue or Adjectiveless /Uncanny so my guess this is the Uncanny. Roster no clue I can't figure out if they want Paramilitary or Black OPs probably more adult X-men than younger X-force group

Excaliber- They have been dying to do this book Nightcrawler, Kitty for sure maybe Psylocke, Banshee, Colossus. I think Banshee was brought back for a reason this could be it

Fallen Angels- I am guessing the squad formerly known as New Mutants will be called this

New Mutants- Will be reserved for well actual new mutants Wrench, Fauna, Sonos Rex and probably some old students

Marauders- With Sabertooth, Mystique, Toad shown. It is a good guess where they will end up.

If Krakoa World sticks around after Hox and Pox with a society of mutants my guess these teams will be playing different roles in the society. Marauders is probably the most interesting because clearly a bunch of former enemies are in this place. They can easily represent an opposing view to Xavier's view probably something more aggressive. The rest of the teams probably playing some role in the society the X-men are one who go into "the real world" and saves mutants bring them back, X-force could be responsible for protecting Kraoka world and doing black ops missions. Maybe Excaliber permanently stay out in Earth as a mutant presence, etc. That is my guess

Fantastic Member

I have a feeling that Fallen Angels is gonna be a Rosenberg book. The original certainly featured a lot of people he just killed, so maybe he can right some wrongs?

I'll read the Marauders books just for Vertigo and her outfits.