Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I doubt Rosenberg won't get anything. The X-Office just loves him for some reason.
    Rosenberg is killing it on Uncanny (yes, pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05...e-powers-of-x/

JH: At the conclusion of our 12 weeks of HOX and POX, we'll be launching an entire new universe of X-books. Some will be traditional fare, some carry through on ideas presented in HOX and POX. Some books are completely new concepts. I, personally, will be writing the ongoing flagship X-book.
    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Hmm, I did not intend to state that nothing would resemble old stuff, although I can see how it comes off that way. I think the reliance on recognizable titles and concepts will be minimal. I won't bother to quote everything, but so much of that interview is laced with comments about moving beyond the stuff of the past and committing to something new and exciting.
    Exactly.

I seriously doubt that "Traditional Fare..." will amount to much in the way of "One To One" relaunches of some of the "Classic Coke" titles/concepts.

Comic Geek in General

We’ll probably get another Uncanny X-Men Volume.....with Hickman writing...... it sure penciler or the Team Line Up (we’ll know by SDCC)

We'll have to see how much Rosenberg can sell with a secondary title like X-Factor instead of Uncanny X-Men with Cyclops and Wolverine.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

It sounds like they're planning on having an awful lot of titles. I know the market has a quick way of doing away with unnecessary books within a year or so, but for a change it would be great to have a small list of high-quality, long-lasting titles as opposed to the usual strategy of throwing stuff at a wall to see what sticks. But I guess I'll reserve judgment for when they actually announce them and the creative teams involved.

I hope they bloat the X-Line like they bloat everything else now except the Avengers.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I hope they bloat the X-Line like they bloat everything else now except the Avengers.
    I think we've gotten to a point where no franchise can sustain multiple books for long anymore - the X-Men, Star Wars, Batman and Superman are some of the few exceptions, but even Spider-Man and the Justice League have a significant sales gap between the main title and the secondary one/s.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    With Hickman doing the flagship, I could honestly see him going with the HOX 3 lineup.

I don't know much about him. But I hear he's a writer that is more into character depth & the soap drama. Plus JDW's comment about him redefining what X-Men style love is. If that's true, there would be plenty of it with Logan & Scott on a team with Jean. Then add in Emma as a recurring character....you'll have Soap for the ages. lol

He mentioned Monet as one of his favorite mutants, so I could see him picking her to start working with since she hasn't gotten the spotlight his Sunspot & Cannonball have. So he can start working a bit with her & pulling her into recognition more. Hell she was in Weapon X, and I was reading a good number of comments with people who didn't know who she was. When she was on the cover with Creed, some were wondering why Silver Fox was hugging him. lol
    Hopefully if Scott, Logan and Jean on one book, we won’t see the old Logan getting under Cyke’s skin so much he gets a optic blast for his troubles.....throwing in Emma would almost lead to some awkwardness (assuming there aren’t any retcons), or a bit of catty comments by Emma (before she could bad mouth Jean all she wanted, mostly when Scott and Logan where out of earshot.....now Jean’s back, so expect the occasional side comment that would get either a flare form Jean or maybe a challenge in the Danger Room.....assuming the team has a Danger Room)

Comic Geek in General

So....What of the younger X-Men? Armor, Gentle, X-23, Pixie, Glob, Morph, Kid Omega, Surge, Trance, Elixer? Do they get maybe X-Men Legacy?

No doubt duaterman is doing a main book. Xmen are his favorite.

Artist id like to see

Dauterman
    McNiven and Kuberts on Wolverine
    Bachalo
    Gleason on X-Men and the Starjammers
    Manapul and his studio mates
    Pichelli
    Coipel

New artists need to work up to the the xmen, sorry.

Hickman/Dauterman on X-World or X-Universe - Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, Monet, Storm, Manifold, Nightcrawler, Sunspot, Rogue
    Vita Ayala on secondary flagship with Nick Dragotta - Magneto, Gambit, Marrow, Bishop, Moonstar, Kwannon

Tini Howard on Wolverine
    Jordie Bellaire on Emma Frost

Hickman/Ayala on New Mutants - Xorn + new characters
    Kelly Thompson on Generations X - Iceman, Kitty Pryde, Magik, Jubilee, Prodigy, Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Hopefully if Scott, Logan and Jean on one book, we won’t see the old Logan getting under Cyke’s skin so much he gets a optic blast for his troubles.....throwing in Emma would almost lead to some awkwardness (assuming there aren’t any retcons), or a bit of catty comments by Emma (before she could bad mouth Jean all she wanted, mostly when Scott and Logan where out of earshot.....now Jean’s back, so expect the occasional side comment that would get either a flare form Jean or maybe a challenge in the Danger Room.....assuming the team has a Danger Room)
    Emma badmouthed Jean in front of Scott.

Jean shouldn't be on the same team that Scott and |Emma, I didn't waited so much for her return to Jean share spotlight with these two a-holes that never respected her.
    Jean deserves her own team away from these two

Logan can stay on the same team that Jean, because he was nice when Jean was dead and isn't a leader, more of a co-leader

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Emma badmouthed Jean in front of Scott.

Jean shouldn't be on the same team that Scott and |Emma, I didn't waited so much for her return to Jean share spotlight with these two a-holes that never respected her.
    Jean deserves her own team away from these two

Logan can stay on the same team that Jean, because he was nice when Jean was dead and isn't a leader, more of a co-leader
    True......or have a team that somehow has Spider-Man (X Ally), Iceman, Firestar.......the 616 Spider Friends........they fight Dr Doom(or his many Doombot) Arcade, Obnoxo, Mesmero, Harpoon, Ringmaster, Gray Fox, Ultron Pym, The Spot, Shocker, Baron Blood, Kingpin, Sauron, Wendigo, Trapster, Thermite, Taskmaster, Puma, Gauntlet, Graviton, Count Nefaria, Spaymaster, Ghost, MODOK, Living Laser, Kraven the Hunter, Lizard, Mysterio, Sebastian Shaw, Barrage, Tusk, Rhino, Killgrave, Fitzroy, Moses Magnum, Zemo, Fixer, Power Broker, Judas Traveler, Doppleganger, Tarantula, Toad Men, Space Phantoms, Kang, Immortus, Master Menace, Crimson Cowl, Tinkerer, Puppet Master, Nitro.....running out of random Marvel Villians they would have fought in the 80’s, but that would be a new team.....2 X Characters and Marvel’s Mascot, for real not as a cameo to get slaughtered in Spider-Verse

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    True......or have a team that somehow has Spider-Man (X Ally), Iceman, Firestar.......the 616 Spider Friends........they fight Dr Doom(or his many Doombot) Arcade, Obnoxo, Mesmero, Harpoon, Ringmaster, Gray Fox, Ultron Pym, The Spot, Shocker, Baron Blood, Kingpin, Sauron, Wendigo, Trapster, Thermite, Taskmaster, Puma, Gauntlet, Graviton, Count Nefaria, Spaymaster, Ghost, MODOK, Living Laser, Kraven the Hunter, Lizard, Mysterio, Sebastian Shaw, Barrage, Tusk, Rhino, Killgrave, Fitzroy, Moses Magnum, Zemo, Fixer, Power Broker, Judas Traveler, Doppleganger, Tarantula, Toad Men, Space Phantoms, Kang, Immortus, Master Menace, Crimson Cowl, Tinkerer, Puppet Master, Nitro.....running out of random Marvel Villians they would have fought in the 80’s, but that would be a new team.....2 X Characters and Marvel’s Mascot, for real not as a cameo to get slaughtered in Spider-Verse
    Heh...OK, man. Whatever you say.