Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

This list is part speculation and part wishlist, but I've tried to fill in the blanks best I can. Whatever Hickman throws our way in House of X and Powers of 10 will undoubtedly shake-up the X-World and may result in a very different X-Line than we've had in the past. I'm beyond excited for the next chapter and it can't come soon enough. I went to the effort of divvying up mutants (core, supporting and antagonistic) into my speculated books, just for the sake of it.

Uncanny X-Men by Jonathan Hickman & Dennis Weaver.
    Jean Grey, Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine, Emma Frost, Magneto, Archangel, Beast, Xorn, Exodus

New X-Men by Jonathan Hickman & Russell Dauterman.
    Sunspot, Cannonball, Monet, Dani Moonstar, Magik, Jubilee

Mighty X-Men by Kieron Gillen & Oliver Coipel.
    Rogue, Gambit, Iceman, Sunfire, Polaris, Bishop, Danger, Northstar, Frenzy

Excalibur by Jim Zub & Pepe Larraz.
    Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Captain Britain, Meggan, Kylun, Faiza Hussain

X-Factor by Matthew Rosenberg & RB Silva.
    Havok, Multiple Man, Dazzler, Juggernaut, Cypher, Dark Beast

X-Force by Gail Simone & Pere Perez.
    Cable, Domino, Shatterstar, Boom-Boom, Warpath, Kwannon, Marrow

NextGen by Kelly Thompson & Marcus To.
    Armor, Glob, Pixie, Shark-Girl, Rockslide, Surge, Anole

Wolverine by Ed Brisson & Mike Deodato Jr.
    Logan, Sabretooth, X-23, Gabby, Mariko, Silver Samurai, Shogun

Emma Frost by Leah Williams & Mahmud Asrar.
    Emma Frost, Mystique, Christian Frost, Banshee, Hellion, Selene

Storm by Ta-Nehisi Coates & Jen Bartel.
    Ororo, Manifold, Gentle

BANNED

I really hope that Leah Williams, Kelly Thompson, Ed Brisson, Matthew Rosenberg and Gail Simone have nothing to do with the line going forward
    I am not a fan of any of Leah's or Kelly's books at all except them having Bachalo art because he's the best
    I hope that sentiment doesn't get me banned from here permanently after expressing an opinion on Taylor got me banned for a month, not sure what the rules are because it wasn't any worse than how many on here refer a few other writers
    btw back y'all
    Duggan and Robbie Thompson and Jeff Loveness and Eve Ewing and Tini Howard would fill a bullpen perfectly under Hickman's leadership for me
    most importantly bring back X-Men Unlimited anthology series for random awesome stories and pin-ups because they're almost all treasures, just don't use like normal writers and artists for it, showcase real unique talents who love the franchise and want to express it briefly, like Grand Design but not grandiose
    X-Men Unlimited 042-036.jpgX-Men Unlimited 042-039.jpgX-Men Unlimited 042-041.jpg

Fantastic Member

Maybe Christopher Priest can get a book. He may work well with Hickman. Also Vita Ayala and I would include Joshua Dysart. As far as going with new writers who haven't done Xmen.

Like I said before Mike Carey should really come back. I'd also be fine with Keiron Gillen and Cullen Bunn. I know some will hate this but Remender should return too. And Brian K Vaughan on a young Xmen type book would be great stuff as well

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Maybe Christopher Priest can get a book. He may work well with Hickman. Also Vita Ayala and I would include Joshua Dysart. As far as going with new writers who haven't done Xmen.
    Dysart is at the top of the list for me in terms of writers I want to see on the X-Men. Everyone do yourselves a favor and go read Harbinger and Imperium from Valiant and tell me if they're not some of the best comics of the last decade. I have no idea if Dysart has any interest in corporate comics or the X-Men in particular, but if he does I hope Marvel's editors are courting him like they should.

BANNED

I just hope it's all new and fresh, writers/artists/concepts. No X-Force or X-Factor or X-BabiesSchool. Stop wasting time on X-23 and let someone new have a solo. and please don't bog me down with some old team just for nostalgia.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post

Like I said before Mike Carey should really come back. I'd also be fine with Keiron Gillen and Cullen Bunn. I know some will hate this but Remender should return too. And Brian K Vaughan on a young Xmen type book would be great stuff as well
    Great list, pretty much my fave post Morrison X writers. I’d love to see this. Bout 5 years ago I asked Gillen at NYCC if he’s return to X-men, he basically said he would. I think he and Hickman are tight so maybe he’ll be back. And I’d love to see Priest write anything x related

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    I just hope it's all new and fresh, writers/artists/concepts. No X-Force or X-Factor or X-BabiesSchool. Stop wasting time on X-23 and let someone new have a solo. and please don't bog me down with some old team just for nostalgia.
    Been reading since 1991, and I so agree. I love it all but give us something new to argue about lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Laura has held books longer than every X-Character she's not related to and sells as well as more defined flagship titles. There is no reason to not relaunch her.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Laura has held books longer than every X-Character she's not related to and sells as well as more defined flagship titles. There is no reason to not relaunch her.
    They could have a Maggott book get to 50 issues if it had WOLVERINE in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They could have a Maggott book get to 50 issues if it had WOLVERINE in the title.
    do the worm things get one claw each or a full set
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    do the worm things get one claw each or a full set
    As long as they eat Gabby it wont matter.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    This list is part speculation and part wishlist, but I've tried to fill in the blanks best I can. Whatever Hickman throws our way in House of X and Powers of 10 will undoubtedly shake-up the X-World and may result in a very different X-Line than we've had in the past. I'm beyond excited for the next chapter and it can't come soon enough. I went to the effort of divvying up mutants (core, supporting and antagonistic) into my speculated books, just for the sake of it.

Uncanny X-Men by Jonathan Hickman & Dennis Weaver.
    Jean Grey, Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine, Emma Frost, Magneto, Archangel, Beast, Xorn, Exodus

New X-Men by Jonathan Hickman & Russell Dauterman.
    Sunspot, Cannonball, Monet, Dani Moonstar, Magik, Jubilee

Mighty X-Men by Kieron Gillen & Oliver Coipel.
    Rogue, Gambit, Iceman, Sunfire, Polaris, Bishop, Danger, Northstar, Frenzy

Excalibur by Jim Zub & Pepe Larraz.
    Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Captain Britain, Meggan, Kylun, Faiza Hussain

X-Factor by Matthew Rosenberg & RB Silva.
    Havok, Multiple Man, Dazzler, Juggernaut, Cypher, Dark Beast

X-Force by Gail Simone & Pere Perez.
    Cable, Domino, Shatterstar, Boom-Boom, Warpath, Kwannon, Marrow

NextGen by Kelly Thompson & Marcus To.
    Armor, Glob, Pixie, Shark-Girl, Rockslide, Surge, Anole

Wolverine by Ed Brisson & Mike Deodato Jr.
    Logan, Sabretooth, X-23, Gabby, Mariko, Silver Samurai, Shogun

Emma Frost by Leah Williams & Mahmud Asrar.
    Emma Frost, Mystique, Christian Frost, Banshee, Hellion, Selene

Storm by Ta-Nehisi Coates & Jen Bartel.
    Ororo, Manifold, Gentle
    I thought the non psycho Xorn was Dead, died while sending Bastion into a Black Hole.......and the other Xorn is long since Dead......and where’s Exodus been? You’d think, if his Lord Magneto was presumed dead, he’d reform the Acolytes and launch a All or nothing Attack on Humans.......I would love a new X-Facfor or Excalibur.......but where would this leave Rachel?

Comic Geek in General

I wouldn’t mind a Starjammers series, or, if they wanted to shake things up, bring back Sway and Petra, put them with Darwin and have Vulcan stop being insane (or have another Vulcan, Sway and Petra show up, from the multiverse......maybe these versions survived Krakoa (similar to a What If, only Vulcan didn’t accidentally kill the X-Men and cover it up......maybe his team succeeded, all the Original X-Men retired (like say that Universe’s Scott and Jean got married earlier, Hank stayed with the Avengers, Bobby and Warren where solo acts, Alex and Lorna eventually formed X-Factor......) so they’re now here where the 616 Vulcan was a unhinges lunatic (perhaps that other Vulcan got over his rage....and became as good as his brother in the leadership department)

I've always thought that a Starjammers comic with Cyclops, Hepzibah, Nightcrawler, Rachel Summers and Kitty Pryde would be cool.

Half family, half old friends.

BANNED

This thread scares me.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I've always thought that a Starjammers comic with Cyclops, Hepzibah, Nightcrawler, Rachel Summers and Kitty Pryde would be cool.

Half family, half old friends.
    Tyke's solo was essentially a Starjammers book, and was pretty good.