Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Tyke's solo was essentially a Starjammers book, and was pretty good.
    Agreed. The Rucka issues moreso than the Layman ones, but still fun.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I want Charlie Huston on a book and I want to see this team again
    image.jpg

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Uncanny X-men . W= Jonathan Hickman. A= Olivier Coipel.
    The X-men. W= Jonathan Hickman,and various writers.A=Russell Dauterman and various artists.
    X-Corp. W=Al Ewing. A =PePe Larraz.
    X-investigations. W Vita Ayala.A=Mike Del Mondo.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I want Charlie Huston on a book and I want to see this team again
    image.jpg
    Who's the other blonde? Is it Magma?

Incredible Member

By the exploding vagina costume I'd say Dazzler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    I thought the non psycho Xorn was Dead, died while sending Bastion into a Black Hole.......and the other Xorn is long since Dead......and where’s Exodus been? You’d think, if his Lord Magneto was presumed dead, he’d reform the Acolytes and launch a All or nothing Attack on Humans.......I would love a new X-Factor or Excalibur.......but where would this leave Rachel?
    We never saw a body so I always assumed Xorn and/or Bastion are out there somewhere, and there was speculation they might come back as some hybrid character. Either way, totally seems like a character Hickman would make use of, and his connections to the others would certainly prove interesting.

Similarly Exodus has a long history and his wide array of powers are hella cool. Magneto's Brotherhood gathered in X-Men Blue seemingly disassembled after Erik was pulled into the Age of X-Man, but at this point my assumption is that Exodus, and possibly Elixir, Briar and Unuscione are all still up on Asteroid M with all the Mothervined Mutants.

I left Rachel out of my speculation as I honestly have no idea what they're doing with her character right now. I think she'd be good for X-Factor or Excalibur but it depends if they're sticking with her as a hound or whatever. With Jean and Hope in action, in addition to pretty much every other telepath, we might be at a point where editorial considers Rachel to be dead weight with other characters filling the role Rachel usually would on a team.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    We never saw a body so I always assumed Xorn and/or Bastion are out there somewhere, and there was speculation they might come back as some hybrid character. Either way, totally seems like a character Hickman would make use of, and his connections to the others would certainly prove interesting.

Similarly Exodus has a long history and his wide array of powers are hella cool. Magneto's Brotherhood gathered in X-Men Blue seemingly disassembled after Erik was pulled into the Age of X-Man, but at this point my assumption is that Exodus, and possibly Elixir, Briar and Unuscione are all still up on Asteroid M with all the Mothervined Mutants.

I left Rachel out of my speculation as I honestly have no idea what they're doing with her character right now. I think she'd be good for X-Factor or Excalibur but it depends if they're sticking with her as a hound or whatever. With Jean and Hope in action, in addition to pretty much every other telepath, we might be at a point where editorial considers Rachel to be dead weight with other characters filling the role Rachel usually would on a team.
    Wait, a Bastion/ Xorn hybrid.....that’s not a good thing (fueling my theory that Bastion is behind at least half of the teams suffering)

Sadly, true......5-10 years ago, there where just Rachel, Emma, Kid Omega (by the Schism Era).......kinda ironic.......in Morrison/ Casey’s/ Austin’s day Jean was considered the same and either Editorial or Morrison wanted to kill Jean off since they had Emma.....now there’s about to be Jean, Betsy and Emma......
    Last edited by Decoy; 05-21-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Astonishing Member

Wait, a Bastion/ Xorn hybrid.....that’s not a good thing (fueling my theory that Bastion is behind at least half of the teams suffering)

Sadly, true......5-10 years ago, there where just Rachel, Emma, Kid Omega (by the Schism Era).......kinda ironic.......in Morrison/ Casey’s/ Austin’s day Jean was considered the same and either Editorial or Morrison wanted to kill Jean off since they had Emma.....now there’s about to be Jean, Betsy and Emma......
    Maaaaaan I'm still mad at what they did to Rachel I remember the moment I fell in love with the character it was during AvX where she beat Thor's ass without a telepathic HAMMER (extra points for that savagery) after he gloated about being a god. THAT'S the Rachel I want see more of bad ass, confident, and POWERFUL Rachel even without the PF.

"God's don't scare me, no matter the size of their hammers."

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men - Hickman and Larraz

X-Men - Hickman and Asrar

X-factor - David and RB Silva

Generation X - Thompson and Bachelo

Wolverine - Cates and Stegman

Excalibur - Williams and Pacheco

X-force - Brisson and Medina

Storm - Thompson and Sara Pachelli

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Uncanny X-Men - Hickman and Larraz

X-Men - Hickman and Asrar

X-factor - David and RB Silva

Generation X - Thompson and Bachelo

Wolverine - Cates and Stegman

Excalibur - Williams and Pacheco

X-force - Brisson and Medina

Storm - Thompson and Sara Pachelli
    Do we know if Hickman is doing 2 books in the aftermath of HoX/PoX? I knows hes done before with FF/Avengers just wanting confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Do we know if Hickman is doing 2 books in the aftermath of HoX/PoX? I knows hes done before with FF/Avengers just wanting confirmation.
    He has said he will be writing the flagship.

So sounds like 1 book to me, but always possible he could write more.

BANNED

It'd certainly prove a challenge for our X-Men who are well-equipped to take on most threats that come their way.

Plus the Stepford Cuckoos, Xavier/X, Monet, Hope, X-Man & Kwannon among others. The X-Men have no shortage of telepaths. And even not being the biggest fan of Rachel myself, it's sad to see her shoved aside in favor of other characters. I can see why some others hold more appeal, but there's no reason she can't have a role of her own. I would at least prefer her to go and be a Starjammer again over being delegated to frothing-at-the-mouth Hound duty.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    There's no confirmation but I think people have come to that conclusion based on his previous patterns and needing room to develop his many interconnecting characters and narratives. That said, a bi-weekly title with a wide cast could have the same effect.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    This list is part speculation and part wishlist, but I've tried to fill in the blanks best I can. Whatever Hickman throws our way in House of X and Powers of 10 will undoubtedly shake-up the X-World and may result in a very different X-Line than we've had in the past. I'm beyond excited for the next chapter and it can't come soon enough. I went to the effort of divvying up mutants (core, supporting and antagonistic) into my speculated books, just for the sake of it.

Uncanny X-Men by Jonathan Hickman & Dennis Weaver.
    Jean Grey, Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine, Emma Frost, Magneto, Archangel, Beast, Xorn, Exodus

New X-Men by Jonathan Hickman & Russell Dauterman.
    Sunspot, Cannonball, Monet, Dani Moonstar, Magik, Jubilee

Mighty X-Men by Kieron Gillen & Oliver Coipel.
    Rogue, Gambit, Iceman, Sunfire, Polaris, Bishop, Danger, Northstar, Frenzy

Excalibur by Jim Zub & Pepe Larraz.
    Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Captain Britain, Meggan, Kylun, Faiza Hussain

X-Factor by Matthew Rosenberg & RB Silva.
    Havok, Multiple Man, Dazzler, Juggernaut, Cypher, Dark Beast

X-Force by Gail Simone & Pere Perez.
    Cable, Domino, Shatterstar, Boom-Boom, Warpath, Kwannon, Marrow

NextGen by Kelly Thompson & Marcus To.
    Armor, Glob, Pixie, Shark-Girl, Rockslide, Surge, Anole

Wolverine by Ed Brisson & Mike Deodato Jr.
    Logan, Sabretooth, X-23, Gabby, Mariko, Silver Samurai, Shogun

Emma Frost by Leah Williams & Mahmud Asrar.
    Emma Frost, Mystique, Christian Frost, Banshee, Hellion, Selene

Storm by Ta-Nehisi Coates & Jen Bartel.
    Ororo, Manifold, Gentle
    So, who would lead in Uncanny? Cyclops (unless he still feels that leadership got him into all that trouble)? Storm (she’s lead several times)? Jean (who it took how many years for her to headline a team)? Wolverine (his tenure as Headmaster was leadership, and he’s long since gained support from others to be leader)?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Logan sucked at being a leader, Ororo even more in the Terrigen era. No way Emma or Magneto would follow Jean.

Incredible Member

I don’t see Banshee coexisting in Emma’s book with Mystique.