Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    So, who would lead in Uncanny? Cyclops (unless he still feels that leadership got him into all that trouble)? Storm (she’s lead several times)? Jean (who it took how many years for her to headline a team)? Wolverine (his tenure as Headmaster was leadership, and he’s long since gained support from others to be leader)?
    Who said there needs to be one? I'd be all for them working side-by-side towards a common goal, and if Hickman is ditching the traditional team method then there's no need for an allocated leader. If anything, their shared experiences should allow them to put their differences aside and come together for the sake of all mutants, especially after the events of Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I don’t see Banshee coexisting in Emma’s book with Mystique.
    But isn't that what would make it interesting? I think having them in a shared space would make for plenty of drama. And who knows how Sean would react given his current state anyway?

I imagine Banshee being the angel and Mystique the devil, each on top of Emma's shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    What team would you want this creative team to be in charge of

AL Ewing - writer
    Coipel- pencils
    Xcalibur xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I imagine Banshee being the angel and Mystique the devil, each on top of Emma's shoulder.
    That sounds cool

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Logan sucked at being a leader, Ororo even more in the Terrigen era. No way Emma or Magneto would follow Jean.
    That has nothing to do with ororo as a character sucking at being a leader. It has to do with the writers doing a poor job. But i agree that Emma would not follow Jean, let alone Logan.

I hope Tom comes back later done the line. To helm his own series again.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    That has nothing to do with ororo as a character sucking at being a leader. It has to do with the writers doing a poor job. But i agree that Emma would not follow Jean, let alone Logan.

I hope Tom comes back later done the line. To helm his own series again.
    But ultimately, isn't it about the writers having characters be good or bad at it? Anyway, it' kinda pointless to argue anyone is a better X-men leader than Scott going by the last 15 years.

I'm guessing there's going to be a couple titles that haven't be used before. Either new adjectives to go with X-Men, or new nouns to follow X-. Perhaps even both. Maybe even a subtitle if they're bold.

I suspect the adjectives will be pretty Hickman-y, even if they're not written by Hickman himself. Esoteric vibes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Logan sucked at being a leader, Ororo even more in the Terrigen era. No way Emma or Magneto would follow Jean.
    Conversely, Ororo, Jean and Logan would never follow Mags and definitely not Emma. But I suspect most X-men would follow the first 3 than the last 2.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Conversely, Ororo, Jean and Logan would never follow Mags and definitely not Emma. But I suspect most X-men would follow the first 3 than the last 2.
    Yes, but that's why in that team, only Cyclops would be able to lead them.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Who said there needs to be one? I'd be all for them working side-by-side towards a common goal, and if Hickman is ditching the traditional team method then there's no need for an allocated leader. If anything, their shared experiences should allow them to put their differences aside and come together for the sake of all mutants, especially after the events of Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men.
    I agree, I'd much rather Jean, Emma, Ororo, Scott, and Erik all get to have a voice in decision-making. The X-Men have too many leaders for them to be unified under just one unless it's Xavier. And no one wants that.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

One of the best things Rosenberg has done is make it so that there are no leaders of his team, just equal voices.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I agree, I'd much rather Jean, Emma, Ororo, Scott, and Erik all get to have a voice in decision-making. The X-Men have too many leaders for them to be unified under just one unless it's Xavier. And no one wants that.
    Not anymore at this point that's for sure lol. To me they need a committee (although even with equal voices, things get heated. When Jean or Scott wants control let alone Xavier) or something and or just split into teams again with different leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    One of the best things Rosenberg has done is make it so that there are no leaders of his team, just equal voices.
    Except that was nothing new. X-men debating and voting on their problems around a table has been done before. But in the battlefield you need a leader, and even outside you need someone that says "the buck stops here" if that's required.

In combat situations a leader and a clear hierarchy are necessary. When making strategic and political decisions (Not tactical) the idea of a council is feasible.

It is basically how it was done in Utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In combat situations a leader and a clear hierarchy are necessary. When making strategic and political decisions (Not tactical) the idea of a council is feasible.

It is basically how it was done in Utopia.
    Yes, which is why Rosenberg trying to make it seem like it's something new, and Illyana of all people being surprised she can just throw an idea around to vote, is pathetic. But even the most democratic Congress/Parliament has a speaker or president to impose some rules and tell people to shut up, which was Scott's role in Utopia.