Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    They're letting Neal Adams write another comic? Have they learned nothing?
    Won't people buy it for the artwork?

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

Definitely:
    - Pearl #12 - Sad to see this end.
    - Deathstroke: Arkham - Priest never disappoints.
    - Green Lantern by Geoff Johns Book 2
    - Detective Comics Volume 1: Mythology - Looking forward to seeing what Tomasi's doing with Batman.
    - Young Justice Volume 1: Gemworld

Maybe:
    - Batman/Superman #1 - David Marquez art is hard to pass up but Williamson makes this a bit of toss-up.
    - Black Mask: Year of the Villain #1
    - Black Canary: Ignite
    - Stargirl by Geoff Johns

Trade-Waiting: WildCATS, Event Leviathan, Batman & the Outsiders, DCeased, Freedom Fighters, Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, & Red Hood: Outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Just King, Young Animal, Bendis, and Bendis adjacent books.

Everything else? Ugh. So boring. Give us the relaunch already, Didio! HiX-Men is gonna swamp you!
    Well. This aged like milk!

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Not much that I'm definitely getting.

Definitely:
    B]BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS #4[/B] - Giving it an arc even if the first issue was really average aside from looking kinda nice at times. It's probably still ending at issue 6, 8 or 12 given that Hill said he's leaving comics after 2019. I hope it keeps going though, because I like the team and the idea of Black Lightning being more a teacher than superhero mentor.
    THE GREEN LANTERN #10 - Loved the most recent issue
    SHAZAM! #9 - Recent issue had way too much exposition and lack of focus, but I'm still hopeful for this series since it has had some great issues and some solid build-up.

DEATHSTROKE: ARKHAM TP

Maybe:
    BATMAN/SUPERMAN #1 - Williamson is an okay writer, but spinning out of TBWL? Really? And these Superman and Batman series just have a history of being... bleh. Surprised David Marquez is doing the covers though. Also, surprised this is called Batman/Superman and they don't alternate it back to Superman/Batman.
    WILDCATS #1 - Am waiting for the inevitable OHC collecting The Wild Storm, but I wanna give this a quick looksie. I like Adrianna, so yay she's around. But no Apollo and/or Midnighter
    SUPERMAN YEAR ONE #2 - If the first issue is good. But that JRJR cover... eugh. Who knew Miller's covers would be the better ones.
    COLLAPSER #2 - If the first issue is good.
    DCEASED #4
    DETECTIVE COMICS #1009 - I like the Arkham Knight's origin for the most part, but other than that Tomasi's run has been pretty forgettable. I do appreciate that he's avoiding using the regular Batman rogues gallery though.
    DETECTIVE COMICS #1010
    LOIS LANE #2 - I want to support a Lois Lane series, but it's a limited series and may be focused on Bendis' Leviathan thing which I care nothing about.

SUPER SONS BOOK TWO: THE FOXGLOVE MISSION TP - Didn't get the first one yet. Have heard nothing about it either.
    BATMAN: DETECTIVE COMICS VOL. 1: MYTHOLOGY HC - All things considered, this was a solid way to lead into issue 1000, and I like that it's yet another story that has Year One as canon over Zero Year.
    BOOSTER GOLD: THE BIG FALL HC - YES. In Colour! But it's expensive for what it is and I'm broke, so not sure.
    CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS 35TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION HC - Seems like a good format to own it in... but expensive and am broke.
    GREEN LANTERN BY GEOFF JOHNS BOOK TWO TP - These seem like a solid alternative to the omnibi, though I kinda still want those.
    TRANSMETROPOLITAN BOOK TWO TP
    WONDER WOMAN BY GAIL SIMONE OMNIBUS HC - I wasn't too keen on what I read of Simone's run, but I've heard good things, so... maybe. I need more good Wonder Woman in my life. Also, that cover is great, if simple.
    YOUNG JUSTICE VOL. 1: GEMWORLD HC - I KINDA want to stick with this series, even if I have no love for the team so it does almost nothing for me and Bendis' writing style grates on me. But it's also a hardcover, so... not sure. Probably not.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

Oh thank God The Batman Who Laughs is ending... he's getting another one, isn't he?

Oh, Neil Adams... I expect spectacularly hilarious things.

Black Mask is getting a great makeover for Year of the Villain. Last time I saw him his masked looked like a BDSM thing.

If Titans: Burning Rage is meant to be canon, I'm interested. I like the idea of exploring the history of the Teen Titans post-Flashpoint. Also Dick's bicep... damn.

The Batgirl cover made me think she was fighting an evil Oracle yet again. Though it does draw attention to her weirdly different sized boots.

I appreciate Chris Samnee's Batman Beyond covers, even if I do find it weird that that's what he's doing of all things.

Dammit... thought Gotham Girl on the cover of Batman was Carrie Kelley and someone remembered that Tomasi introduced her... I mean, Gotham Girl is blonde last I checked. Whatever.

I'd prefer that Deathstroke focus more on Rose Wilson (I actually hoped that he'd die and she'd be the focus before his death was even announced) since Priest has made her infinitely more interesting than Slade and Jericho, but I'm assuming Priest will focus on her during the rest of his run.

Captain Cold with a beard hurts me. It's such a cliche way to make him look more "badass" and "serious". At least the sleeveless look was kind of interesting.

I don't know how interested I'm going to be in Hawkman doing regular superhero stuff, but the Shade is nice since it's probably a good way to explore more of Hawkman's past... even if this Shade is a Barry villain for no fucking reason.

Hawkgirl's Starro on the JL cover... it looks like she;'s eating it or he's really failing to attach to her given the size of her helmet.

*snickers* Justice League Odyssey's cover... was the Starfire ass shot the best hit Darkseid could land?

RIC GRAYSON IS STILL GOING.

Philip Tan really messed up the Dark Knight Returns pose... though it sstill looks better than whatever the crap Rocafort is going for with his cover.

Every time Bendis promises a "shocking twist" in anything I die a little inside.

I used to think Jonboy Meyers' art was okay at times... now he's somehow gone past Tyler Kirkham in too cartoony and having weird faces on his women (at least on Cassie).

Ugh, I dislike that it's called Harley Quinn and the Gotham City Sirens omnibus when the previous was just called the Gotham City Sirens omnibus. Harley truly has become the Deadpool of DC.

That Atom and Jean Loring wedding hardcover... 1. That is expensive af. 2. Oh, hindsight. 3. I legit thought Supergirl and Wonder Woman were asleep at first.

Yay, some Stargirl love. Even if I own the Stars and STRIPE trades. Now PUT HER IN A COMIC AND STICK WITH IT, DC.

I regret getting the 80 years HCs for Superman and Batman separately now... ****.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    They're letting Neal Adams write another comic? Have they learned nothing?
    They're "letting him"? The dude is a legend.

Neal Adams is an instant purchase for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    . . . Maybe:
    BATMAN/SUPERMAN #1 - Williamson is an okay writer, but spinning out of TBWL? Really? And these Superman and Batman series just have a history of being... bleh. Surprised David Marquez is doing the covers though. Also, surprised this is called Batman/Superman and they don't alternate it back to Superman/Batman...
    Batman is still a bigger name/draw than Superman these days.

(Besides, maybe Bendis has a hold on any book that has a title beginning with the name "Superman".)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Not much that I'm definitely getting.

Definitely:
    BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS #4 - Giving it an arc even if the first issue was really average aside from looking kinda nice at times. It's probably still ending at issue 6, 8 or 12 given that Hill said he's leaving comics after 2019. I hope it keeps going though, because I like the team and the idea of Black Lightning being more a teacher than superhero mentor.
    I believe Hill changed his mind, iirc he tweeted something a little ways back saying something along the lines of he'll stay on as long he has interesting ideas to give and people are interested enough to read. Plus, isn't this an ongoing? I'd like to believe if Hill can nail it in his first one or two arcs and sales hold they'll let Hill pass it off to someone else if he does actually decide to step back from comics for a while 5o do more film and TV work.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."